TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Cedar Point could do a "Ghost tour" in the roundhouse instead of a maze of sorts. It would be new to Cedar Fair, because I don't think they do "Ghost" Tours at cedar fair parks. I did do a "Ghost" tour when I visited London, and its actually a common attraction there. It would probably more geared towards families. Just a thought.

Interestingly enough, the carousel that used to be in Frontiertown was rumored to be haunted, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch! They have a replica of the "haunted horse" in the Town Hall Museum, but the original one is over at the Merry-go-Round Museum in downtown Sandusky.

It's fun to think about what might be replacing the Good Time Theatre, but here's some other food for thought. Alan Schilke mentioned RMC's schedule beyond 2015 in an IAAPA interview. He said RMC is working on 3 coasters for 2016, 4 for 2017 and there are openings for 2018. Wildfire has been announced for 2016 and 2017 includes S&S work. Could Mean Streak be one of these projects? I hope so. If and I mean IF Mean Streak is one of the projects I don't think it will happen until at least 2017. Hopefully the coaster gods can work some magic and make this happen.

If Mean Streak does get Iron Horsed they will be even more likely to get a GCI, which would be amazing.

huh

A few pages back there was speculation that with the theater being removed and the possible removal of employee housing on the peninsula that there would be room for a GCI woodie. This is just speculation. I believe he's saying that if Mean Streak were to get the Iron Horse treatment then a GCI could fill that gap created by the loss of a wooden coaster.

^ Cedar Point has been doing an excellent job lately with their website and social media marketing. They're going out of their way to let the fans know that they're reading and considering all of the online feedback they get either on their social media pages or on coaster fan sites like this one and whenever it's reasonable to do so they usually give the fans what the want.

Fans wanted better webcams, they got them. Then fans complained about the fact that they wanted still webcams back and they put them back. Fans started asking stupid questions about Rougarou including the whining about the heartline and Cedar Point brought this up in a blog post and promised to address it. Fans want more behind the scenes content and they're getting a ton of it. The park also gives you great incentives to interact with them online like the "tweet ups" and special offers. They also poke fun at fan feedback all the time like when Tony asked everyone to make terrible drawings of the new coaster's layout so he could share them.

Cedar Point deserves a lot of credit for the great job they do interacting with people online and providing interesting content that they know the fans want to see. Many small parks do a great job with this (like Holiday World) but larger parks rarely provide any interesting content online.

^ Cedar Point has been doing an excellent job lately with their website and social media marketing. They're going out of their way to let the fans know that they're reading and considering all of the online feedback they get either on their social media pages or on coaster fan sites like this one and whenever it's reasonable to do so they usually give the fans what the want.

Fans wanted better webcams, they got them. Then fans complained about the fact that they wanted still webcams back and they put them back. Fans started asking stupid questions about Rougarou including the whining about the heartline and Cedar Point brought this up in a blog post and promised to address it. Fans want more behind the scenes content and they're getting a ton of it. The park also gives you great incentives to interact with them online like the "tweet ups" and special offers. They also poke fun at fan feedback all the time like when Tony asked everyone to make terrible drawings of the new coaster's layout so he could share them.

Cedar Point deserves a lot of credit for the great job they do interacting with people online and providing interesting content that they know the fans want to see. Many small parks do a great job with this (like Holiday World) but larger parks rarely provide any interesting content online.

Yes! Cedar Point is phenomenal with using the internet to satisfy fans. Pointcast is one of the best things they do, in my opinion, but they also respond to a bunch of the contents on their Facebook, tweet-ups are above and beyond, webcams, and Tony's blog all work together to keep us satisfied. I don't even have a twitter but I check cedar point's twitter and Tony's twitter.

This may be a dumb question, but why do all of the coasters have their trains removed while Pipe Scream's is just shrink-wrapped and left on the track. I know it's not a real coaster, but doesn't it still need it's wheels replaced at the very least?

This may be a dumb question, but why do all of the coasters have their trains removed while Pipe Scream's is just shrink-wrapped and left on the track. I know it's not a real coaster, but doesn't it still need it's wheels replaced at the very least?

Zamperla Disk'Os usually do not have their ride vehicle completely removed. However, usually the wheels are removed and repaired/replaced in which the rest of the vehicle's structure is shimmed for support during the off-season. So it might appear that most of Pipe Scream has been simply shrink wrapped, but in reality many components have likely been removed from the main body of the ride vehicle for inspection, repairs, or replacement.

That's it exactly. On a Disk'O with the standard circular vehicles, all the seats typically come off and the floor itself folds upward on either side. It kinda looks like a big metal taco, to be honest.

^

I think it's probably just the lighting of the video because I can't see why they'd give Iron Dragon orange-ish supports when it's going to be right next to a big orange coaster.

You mean like how they repainted Iron Dragon the exact same colors as Top Thrill Dragster one year after TTD opened right next door? It's almost like they had too much spare paint laying around and just threw it on Iron Dragon!

Hey guys, I just looked at the webcam and I realized that all of Windseeker's LED lights were on. I was just wondering why they would do this. Why would they pay for the electricity to light up the lights when no one can see them?

Also, new blog entry. https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Ill-let-this-slide

Hey guys, I just looked at the webcam and I realized that all of Windseeker's LED lights were on. I was just wondering why they would do this. Why would they pay for the electricity to light up the lights when no one can see them?

To quote their Facebook posting from the other day, there's a few pictures as well:

"We're closed, but our lights shine bright for a very special night!

Every year at this time, children with life-threatening illnesses and their families board a special Fantasy Flight from Cleveland, courtesy of United Airlines. It's all organized by volunteers and staff.

They'll fly around and over Cedar Point to take in the beautiful lights before returning to land at the "North Pole." A great gift, indeed!"

From what I can tell since it's already dark out, it looks like they're already starting the prep work to take it down.

gtt.thumb.JPG.e7fb49d46eeb71c2e0bb981e4fa21d56.JPG

Taken from Bing Maps Birds Eye view, from 2009-ish.

A few of the surrounding trees look like they've been taken down in front of the building. Also it looks like the power was cut to the area too, as there were lamp posts that were in front of the building too that should be on.

Will have to see tomorrow whether or not there's been work done.