TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

So you just made an image of Millennium Force with a loop for no reason and asked us if it was ever supposed to have a loop? Am I getting that right?

epic post is epic.

I'm glad someone understands because I don't. It's a question but it's a ridiculous question because it's based off of something you just made up for absolutely no reason. There is no reason to ever think that this was ever on the table or was even brought up by anyone before you just brought it up yesterday.

It would be like me asking if Rougarou was ever supposed to go under lake Erie and have a turnaround section at Canada's Wonderland before returning to Cedar Point and then attaching an MS paint mockup of this idea. Nobody has ever suggested this but since I just made it up I want to know if it was ever considered. If I were to justify this dumb question by suggesting that Canada's Wonderland removed their standup coaster to make room for the turnaround then it might actually be a better question than your question about Millennium Force having a loop because at least with my question something happened to make me think it might be possible if I were completely insane.

I'm glad someone understands because I don't. It's a question but it's a ridiculous question because it's based off of something you just made up for absolutely no reason. There is no reason to ever think that this was ever on the table or was even brought up by anyone before you just brought it up yesterday.

It would be like me asking if Rougarou was ever supposed to go under lake Erie and have a turnaround section at Canada's Wonderland before returning to Cedar Point and then attaching an MS paint mockup of this idea. Nobody has ever suggested this but since I just made it up I want to know if it was ever considered. If I were to justify this dumb question by suggesting that Canada's Wonderland removed their standup coaster to make room for the turnaround then it might actually be a better question than your question about Millennium Force having a loop because at least with my question something happened to make me think it might be possible if I were completely insane.

No? I asked a question, is there any reason a coaster couldn't go upside down? Atleast I'm not asking if Gatekeeper was really supposed to go backwards. You guys are going insane over a question. I didn't make it up, I found the picture on KICentral. I didn't mean to start anything by it. Just a simple question.

You guys are going insane over a question. I didn't make it up, I found the picture on KICentral.

Yea, not helping your case.....

Not trying to flame you but, Your question was waaaaaaay out of left field and had no reasoning behind it. That's like asking, I wonder if my Altima was originally supposed to have the GT-R engine in it?

Edited by DJeXeL

I don't want to derail this topic any further so I'll just let it go. But that's not the question you asked, we can go back 2 pages and see that. lol

Back on topic... Cedar Point announced on Twitter that Mantis will be open the next 2 Friday nights which is obviously unusual for this time of year. Great move by them.

I heard Kingda Ka was supposed to be a Dinn Corp launched woodie, can anyone confirm this?

While the last 2 posts made me laugh at least in those scenarios you heard something ridiculous from a source and wanted to know if it was true. What would be more appropriate is...

"Was Magnum originally supposed to be getting an RMC makeover featuring 6 inversions, including a zero-G stall"

or

"was Kingda Ka supposed to be a Dinn Corp launched woodie"

And next time please draw some layouts in paint or nobody can be expected to take you seriously. Come on people

I heard that Top Thrill Dragster was supposed to be imploded, to make way for a knock-off SLC. Can anyone comfirm this?

No, I've actually heard that Millennium Force was supposed to be removed for the world's tallest knock-off Boomerang.

I heard that Top Thrill Dragster was supposed to be imploded, to make way for a knock-off SLC. Can anyone comfirm this?

No, I've actually heard that Millennium Force was supposed to be removed for the world's tallest knock-off Boomerang.

How about that?

So, I know that MF was supposed to be built by B&M but they didn't want to go that high. But was Millie ever supposed to receive an inversion?

Since no one can genuinely, and respectfully, give you a response I will. I did a little research and found that in the original plans, the two year planning, there were rumors for a ten inversion coaster, a Morgan hyper, B&M and others. However, Intamin was the only one willing to go above 300 ft. As far as Millie ever having an inversion, I don't think there was ever plans for it to have an inversion. At least none of which I could find.