TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Thank you for all the great info.

Also, is there anything in Cedar Point's waterpark that's worth checking out?

• Replies 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Cedar Point should pay people a premium to work there. Unless you love the industry and have aspirations of moving up within it, why else would you work at Cedar Point? - For most jobs, there are

Posted Images

Depends on how many days your going to the park. Soak city can be worth it just to get away from the park and relax a little. I for one go to bubbles the swim up bar a few times a year just to relax chill out and talk to some super nice people and also to get a beer. then go back to the park later in the day and ride more kinda breaks the day up.

Depends on how many days your going to the park. Soak city can be worth it just to get away from the park and relax a little. I for one go to bubbles the swim up bar a few times a year just to relax chill out and talk to some super nice people and also to get a beer. then go back to the park later in the day and ride more kinda breaks the day up.

I agree. Bubbles is great if you just want to get away from the crowds, unwind and have a couple of beers or cocktails.

Most of the slides at Soak City are pretty standard, but I think that their (newer) lazy river is one of the better one's that I have ridden.

Thank you for all the great info.

Also, is there anything in Cedar Point's waterpark that's worth checking out?

I've never been to Soak City, but based on looking at it I'd skip it if you only have two days. If you have three, it might be worth spending a few hours on one of your non-Fast Lane days there. Some of the slides look decent, but they're all old-school tube or body slides. I've got a feeling the short water coaster at Castaway Bay is better than anything in Soak City attraction-wise.

For what it's worth, when at the park on Friday and looking at the ride, The entire lift hill, turn, drop and most of the loop was painted, but the trim area (trim and track around it) weren't painted... Could be waiting on that part, or could be waiting for it to be removed, either way I really don't think it's an issue.

Shown from Bryan Edwards Twitter:

ByPVv4SIcAE9jee.jpg:large

I'm new here everybody but if the Rougarou animation videos are any indication, then I'd say it's left un-painted to eventually be removed.

To weigh in on the trim/no trim Mantis/Chang thing, keep in mind that Mantis's drop is ten degrees steeper and has a slight left-to-right bank. Chang's drop is straight. And I believe the space between elements was elongated for Chang. Essentially, Chang is like a slightly more drawn-out mirror of Mantis, for the first half, which seemed less intense to me when I rode both.

Having ridden both mantis and Chang (in both locations), Chang elements are not anymore drawn out than mantis's. However they may be reshaped a tweaked but I. My experience Chang is just as intense if not more intense than mantis. Where Chang kicks the crap out of mantis is a second half where it doesn't beat the crap out of you.

^The animation is just that, an animation. Don't invest so much hope in the concept rendering.

Hope? Was just stating IF the animations were any indication?? Either way, can't wait to contribute here and just wanted to say what's up to everybody!

Edited by WishfulThinker83

This was pic was posted on Screamscape. You can see that the catwalk around the trim has been repainted so I think the trim is staying. However, this doesn't necessarily mean the park will use it. The trim was there in the first place to reduce g-forces on rider's legs so that effect may not be needed as a sit down but the park and B&M may want to keep it just in case it's still necessary. Either way, the ride will be sick. Trim brake= super hang time or no trim brake= super g-forces.

db_2014_0930_Rougarou011.thumb.jpg.a86987dc6561342fd15cc3a179ba0e85.jpg

To weigh in on the trim/no trim Mantis/Chang thing, keep in mind that Mantis's drop is ten degrees steeper and has a slight left-to-right bank. Chang's drop is straight. And I believe the space between elements was elongated for Chang. Essentially, Chang is like a slightly more drawn-out mirror of Mantis, for the first half, which seemed less intense to me when I rode both.

Having ridden both mantis and Chang (in both locations), Chang elements are not anymore drawn out than mantis's. However they may be reshaped a tweaked but I. My experience Chang is just as intense if not more intense than mantis. Where Chang kicks the crap out of mantis is a second half where it doesn't beat the crap out of you.

I remember green lantern kind of beating the crop out of me the whole entire ride like every time it hit a seam in the track, whereas I remember the first half of mantis being glass smooth, and then a couple of the transitions being harsh because you are in a standing position.

^I finally rode Green Lantern last August and found it to be a better ride than Mantis; not that either of them are "great" rides, but Mantis was much worse.

^The animation is just that, an animation. Don't invest so much hope in the concept rendering.

Hope? Was just stating IF the animations were any indication?? Either way, can't wait to contribute here and just wanted to say what's up to everybody!

Welcome to the donkey brigade!

I guess I prefer Mantis to Green Lantern but I really hate both of them.

That's kind of funny to have a preference to two hates...oh who am I kidding, it's like choosing between republicans and democrats lol I'm looking forward to this transformation.

I guess I prefer Mantis to Green Lantern but I really hate both of them.

That's kind of funny to have a preference to two hates...oh who am I kidding, it's like choosing between republicans and democrats lol I'm looking forward to this transformation.

The lesser of two evils, perhaps?