TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Aside from that, the number of rides that don't allow loose articles in line has gone up, as have storage prices (storage, since apparently their real name changes to "fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo" now?), as have prices for just about everything.

Isn't this the case just about everywhere though? Maybe not because I don't get around as much as I used to or would like to, but it seems to be more and more common lately. Especially prices at anything for entertainment - theme parks, sporting events, concerts, etc. I can't speak to anything else you've said because the last time I was at Cedar Point was a couple weeks after Maverick opened.

Cedar Point's food prices tend to be higher than other parks in the chain, my platinum pass taught me this year.

Couple things.

1) Raptor getting stuck on the brake run is not the fault of operations. When trains stack they do not stop on the brake run, that was an E-Stop.

2) Generally when dragsters line is going down the midway it means it just reopened or is broken down.

3) In the last few years I've never seen a ride stacking trains. The only time was on Gatekeeper and a manager went up and started dispatching trains himself because the ops where to slow and he sped it right back up and there wasn't any stacking the rest of the day.

4) Just look at Magnum. That ride is running three trains without stacking or a mid course.(Generally)

5) I must just be lucky but I've never seen Maverick down once.

Anyway I know CP isn't perfect but most of those complaints are easily explained.

Apologies for multiple posts, I'm not sure how to quote multiple posts in the same post.

1) Can't argue with that.

2) Was not the case.

3) Lucky You.

4) Magnum I have no complaints about, whatsoever

5) Lucky you.

CP is being extremely selfish on this.

Why can't they just tell us what they're doing with Mantis so we can quit bitching about what we don't know, and shift our focus on bitching about what is happening to Mantis.

Then we can bitch about the people that are bitching about the new ride.

Then Robb can come in and tell us all to stop bitching.

Then we can bitch about how Robb runs TPR.

Then we can get banned for a while.

Hopefully for you, that time being banned will help you understand what marketing is? And maybe learn how to be more cleaver and humorus on a forum.

Wow! You my friend are clueless. This was a clear attempt at sarcasm. Did you read anything after the," CP is being very selfish on this?" Get a clue kid. It was a joke and if you didn't see it, you have no excuse other than stupid.

So yesterday and today on the live cam there have been people on the lift hill of Mantis spraying it... I assume they're power washing it.

If the ride was being scrapped they probably wouldn't be doing that. I guess they might be if they're moving it to a new park in the chain but I doubt it. Does anyone have any theories. They're on there right now if you jump over to the live cam and they were doing it yesterday too.

124183662_ScreenShot2014-09-09at8_47_54AM.png.36af3d4b886361a4591d4e1a56d43156.png

So yesterday and today on the live cam there have been people on the lift hill of Mantis spraying it... I assume they're power washing it.

If the ride was being scrapped they probably wouldn't be doing that. I guess they might be if they're moving it to a new park in the chain but I doubt it. Does anyone have any theories. They're on there right now if you jump over to the live cam and they were doing it yesterday too.

Maybe they are cleaning it before putting a new coat of paint on? I really don't think Cedar Point would remove one of its largest coasters for no reason.

Maybe they are cleaning it before putting a new coat of paint on?

That's what I thought too but I know nothing about the process of painting coasters so I didn't want to speculate. I don't see why else they'd be doing it though.

EDIT: They're still on there.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/live-video-cam

^The one with the questions? Basically once again, he confirms the removal of Mantis that no one thinks will happen.

The removal wasn't confirmed, he never said it was being taken apart piece by piece.m

He did state Mantis was leaving their lineup forever though.

Yes, the NAME of Mantis will remove from their lineup. I would say the same thing. Mantis is just the name, it's not the pyshical coaster alone.

^Well of course he mentioned the name of the coaster, he's not going to say 'Our B&M standup will be removed from our lineup forever' is he? Guess we'll see in october. On the other hand, i'm not sure why they'd choose mantis to be removed.

If it is being completely removed, that would be dumb IMHO. Why take out one of the parks largest coasters? Aren't they trying to claim the coaster title again?

What if they retrofit the existing trains with the new vest-like restraints as part of a makeover?

I'm not sure if B&M is going to do that for Mantis!

This is just my prediction if B&M would really push themselves to do this, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

kjt.jpg.e9d3668efb8f26eaaf4f00465ff306ec.jpg

Excuse my terrible drawing skills.

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG!! I love Cedar Point. It's one of my favorite places in the world, definitely one of my favorite parks. But I've been having much better experiences at other parks lately.

Gotcha. Thanks for elaborating.

^ Agreed. He came off as a tool. Both times...

If it is being completely removed, that would be dumb IMHO. Why take out one of the parks largest coasters? Aren't they trying to claim the coaster title again?

^I'm not sure they they'd choose Mantis, maybe that's the area they've chosen as the location of the next coaster. And i'm not sure that is what they're focusing on, no.

They called the Disk-O coaster a coaster, so I'm sure they are trying to claim the title again.

CP never claimed to be attempting to go after the coaster title. It seems like CP cares more about quality over quantity, as opposed to SFMM. Most parks count Disk-O-Coasters as roller coasters.

I'm planning a trip to CP on Saturday, and just got an email about "Point Fest." Has anyone been there during that? How much of a sh#tshow should I be anticipating? I'm hesitant to pre-purchase Fastlane because of weather, and would really appreciate any information.

Thanks!

If a floorless mantis has the same restraints as gatekeeper... I would probably also whine about that, while secretly loving a floorless mantis.

I would be happy about a floorless Mantis, but I do not like the restraints on gatekeeper. I would much prefer the standard otsr's on a B&M floorless coaster

I'm planning a trip to CP on Saturday, and just got an email about "Point Fest." Has anyone been there during that? How much of a sh#tshow should I be anticipating? I'm hesitant to pre-purchase Fastlane because of weather, and would really appreciate any information.

Thanks!

I was there last year and I didn't even realize it was going on(forgot to check the website). I got on most of the coasters and only rilized what was going on when in I could see it in line for Gemini.

Thanks!

I was there last year and I didn't even realize it was going on(forgot to check the website). I got on most of the coasters and only rilized what was going on when in I could see it in line for Gemini.

Cool, thanks. That makes me feel much better.