TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Mantis will be replaced with "The LeBron James Experience," which will stand at Cedar Point for 2 years before relocating to a park in Florida and to come back at Cedar Point in 2020.

Unless Cedar Point already fulfilled that bet with LeBron coming back to Cleveland.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

I'm very, VERY intrigued by this. My dreams of RMC Mean Streak will be laid to rest for another year though. Anyway, this is so confusing. Cedar Point is being very vague. Just because "last stand" was said doesn't mean it's getting fit with new trains. It could still mean it's going to be toatlly removed. I'm rather indifferent on it honestly. Last summer when I went it wasn't good or bad. Can't wait to see this develop, although October 19th seems like a long time to wait for the rest of this story.

Well, at least I got a chance to ride it in 2013 for the first time. If you don't have that credit yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! GO RIDE!

Ditto, got my credit last year - ON WITH THE NEW STUFF! ...Whatever it may be...

Sure lets have some fun with it, but I really thought they'd announce the full plans today. This is strong enough confirmation of the conversion but we'll still probably have to endure a few pages of Mantis' (non)impending removal.

My only wish is that it gets some badass looking trains. As far as that test paint goes, it looks a little garish.

I'll shut up from now on.

Thanks.

You're welcome, to YOU and the community.

On another note... I hope they replace Mantis with something with a launch, 8 loops, and a splashdown section. Also, I'd love to see a flat with a jump up a tower and a flip 400ft up in the air. It can all fit in the footprint of mantis, right?

Press release certainly says it's closing, it'll be removed. Wonder what will be the replacement?

How many time do some of us tell you? Mantis got a paint test, so it is obviously staying. Possibly transforming into a floorless coaster! Though CP does a good job throwing people off.

Press release certainly says it's closing, it'll be removed. Wonder what will be the replacement?

How many time do some of us tell you? Mantis got a paint test, so it is obviously staying. Possibly transforming into a floorless coaster! Though CP does a good job throwing people off.

How does a paint test confirm it's staying?

Can we all just disagree to disagree? The point is, everything could be anything. CP was deliberately vague in some aspects here. The real question is whether or not they will announce anything else between today and October 19th.

Take the fun out of it, won't you? Wait, you already did. We're trying to figure out the new attraction! Let us speculate and argue!