TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

This coming Sunday. Since the park is closed both Friday and Saturday, there won't be too many weekend-resort guests visiting. Also, the weekend before HalloWeekends has always been an amazing weekend to go.

In the past, this Friday has been open. In fact, CP decided to eliminate this coming Friday from the calendar just a few weeks ago (pretty lame to change it weeks out) but historically has been the best riding day of the year IMO. We go each and every year and its usually DEAD. Two years ago they let you cut from unload to load on Dragster just to get weight in the trains and there was not enough people to get the train full. Everything was walk-on.

Thanks for replying. I'm moving to Columbus Sept 27th, so I probably wouldn't go to CP until October, I should have mentioned that. I'm assuming the Sundays in October will be alright. I might just say screw it and get a Fastlane and go all Saturday. We'll see!

• Replies 49.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

Maverick

This may be the most intense coaster I've ever ridden. It beats i305 at it's own game of super intense, crazy directional changes and even though we rode it more times than I could count during ERT the elements kept taking me by surprise as it's extremely disorienting. This is one of the best coasters I've ever ridden... the world needs more of these insane Intamin rides. Everything about it is amazing.

In my opinion, Maverick is THE most intense coaster I've been on! It does beat you up like a TOGO, but it is fast, and furious. Don't forget that airtime hill! I'm being totally honest, even though I never rode it. I'm guessing that Maverick is just 2.5% better than I305. Like I said, I haven't ridden it, but I MIGHT ride it in 2015.

I'm guessing this is the announcement of the first non-Six Flags RMC. Just a gut feeling, but Blue Streak really needs the tender love and care.

There is no way in hell they are ever going to Iron Horse Blue Streak.

It does beat you up like a TOGO, but it is fast, and furious. Don't forget that airtime hill!

I find Maverick to be perfectly smooth. There's no head banging at all.

Do any of you think Lebron James will come to CP if Mantis will become King James: the Ride?

He won't be at the grand opening. The Cavs will likely be in the playoffs next season. The park opens the first week of May. Did Cedar Point call a press conference today?