TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2017: Top Thrill Dragster RETIRED!?!?!?

^^But, but...it is Cleveland, after all.

And if any city knows about losing even when they have a team with seemingly good talent, it's Cleveland (and Buffalo).

Personally, I would love to see Cleveland or Buffalo bring some type of championship to their cities just because we have suffered for so many years. But the realistic inside me says that it's probably not going to happen when you have bigger cities with more money, more billionaires, more corporations & better economies that are all vying to buy their championships by wooing top talent to their teams.

Although I'm not a huge basketball fan, I guess I can give James credit for coming back and trying again with his team. But what he did on the front end to the fans of Cleveland when it appeared that they had some decent footprints to make a run on the front end, (to me) was inexcusable. I understood why he did it, but I didn't have to like it (and still don't).

Not sure if you guys aren't up caught up on the whole Cavs situation, but we have Kyrie Irving an all star, LBJ nuff said, Andrew Wiggins the number one pick, and are in trade talks for Kevin Love, yes we might have to give up Wiggins to get Love but I'm pretty sure a big three of Love, LBJ, and Irving are better than Miami's big three. Younger talent, vs a decaying Dwayne Wade. I'm not saying we're automatic title contenders this year but I think this team is set up better for long term success than Miami's was.

That core will make the team title contenders right away. The only problem is defense. LBJ was terrible last year, but has shown the ability to lock down players when he wants. Kyrie was also pretty bad, and Love as well. Love is especially bad at help defense. That being said, the T-Wolves had a much better + - ratio with Love on the floor than without.

The team will need growth from their young players to beat the powerhouses in the West, but I think they would instantly be favorites in the East (depending on Chicago). Especially after adding a sharp shooter to come off the bench (Mike Miller anyone?)

... on topic, I can't wait for the August announcements this year.

I can't wait for the Breakers renovation to be done!

There is a short video playing in the lobby that gives a fairly extensive look at the interior of the renovated Breakers.

Items of note:

-Bon Air will indeed be removed for parking and some greenspace.

-The outdoor pool and jacuzzi by the rotunda will be removed to allow for what might be a small event lawn or just more greenspace.

-The rotunda will feature a Starbucks and the return of the Surf Lounge with what appears to be shared seating areas throughout the rotunda.

-The front entrance will feature a two-story entry space with one of the relocated stain glass windows from the current lobby.

-The video includes Tomo and Perkins, so it appears they are staying.

Here are some pics of the sample room:

10390499_10152557656946796_349110552842651673_n.jpg

10527540_10152557656941796_5914087078006916457_n.jpg

10527837_10152557656951796_407524434878244183_n.jpg

10516825_10152557656956796_1283476005350448068_n.jpg

Ah Breakers renovation, how sorely needed is that? Thank goodness. I had heard of CP's planned 3-phase renovation timeline, does anyone have any more information on that as of today? What "phase" is restoring the Breakers? I'm curious as to when I should next plan a trip there, ideally after renovations are complete.

Also please let the rumors of floorless trains on Mantis be true. I'm fairly certain that ride caused permanent damage to my body. Exaggerating, of course, but it was pretty painful for me. Seeing as how I would greatly prefer floorless trains, the ride could still be salvaged for me.

I'm guessing this is what's gonna happen with CP renaming a ride. Next year mantis will receive new Floorless trains next year(Please let at least that part happen). When this happens they naturally will want to change its name so it will be called Cavalier: The King James thrill ride. It will also receive a repaint to match the colors of the team.

^^If this ever comes to fruition, and that is a big IF. Then I'm assuming a ride may receive an alternate name for maybe a month or so, with a temporary banner outside the queue. Do you really expect any park to spend millions on renovations to simply honor a post on a social media site? Let's be reasonable now.

If CP has money like that, we'd have 10 giga launch coasters by now.

Well, they did name and paint the Blue Streak after local sports teams that no one heard and The Cavaliers are a little bigger and I actually like the name Cavalier for a coaster.

Well, Blue Streak is a common phrase meaning anything fast or rapid, so it is fitting (in a sense) and isn't just the name of a team/person.

Well, they did name and paint the Blue Streak after local sports teams that no one heard and The Cavaliers are a little bigger and I actually like the name Cavalier for a coaster.

Ok, yes. And your point is? I highly doubt the motivation behind Blue Streak, and $200k, was to simply use the Blue Streak moniker. Blue Streak was unpainted when it opened btw.

I already said that a rename is more than likely, but a complete overhaul of an attraction is a bit of a stretch. Especially for the reasons already stated.

Has anyone on the boards done a VIP tour at Cedar Point? If you have, was your guide able to watch your belongings while you were on the ride? Were you able to pick your seat every ride? Did you tip your guide? If so, how much? We have never done anything like this before and have no idea what common courtesy would be.

Thanks.

Nothing like a good 2015 tweet by Tony Clark to get those rumors running wild

[attachment=0]new2015.JPG[/attachment]

I was surprised to see nobody discussing that tweet today.

It's quite exciting. But where in the world would they have room for ANOTHER coaster?

Iron mean Streak?

It's quite exciting. But where in the world would they have room for ANOTHER coaster?

Anywhere they want.

What if they built a coaster that went onto the lake? That would b kinda cool.

I honestly don't EVER see this happening. Cool as it may be, a good part of the peninsula is surrounded by a two lane road, another part by a beach, and the far end is covered by campers. Nit only is there to really a good spot for this, but I can only imagine the cost of doing that would be outrageous. And IMO possibly an eyesore.