TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

I do not see them getting rid of Soak City or Challenge Park. I agree with SharkTums that they both need a bit of an upgrade. Add some more slides or at least add some more color because the place just looks so dated. Challenge Park adds something to do after the park closes which Cedar Point is seriously lacking considering it is a resort destination. After having a adrenalin filled day of roller coaster riding most people just aren't ready to go to sleep which is all the park/resort has to offer right now once the park closes. I also agree with SharkTums that CP could benefit from a City Walk type place. It does not have to be on the caliber of City walk just add another restaurant or two and a bar for the adults to have a drink and maybe some bowling, arcades just something. Right now staying at the resort just feels so "anticlimactic" like I am not ready to go to sleep but what else is there to do?

Being crammed in the big midway arcade or shops can get uncomfortable.

Maybe so, but Cedar Point would love nothing more than for you to be stuck in an arcade or a store with your kids for the duration of a rain storm.

^^They just repainted the two slide towers last year and added Dragster H20 the year before so that tells me that they have a vested interest in keeping this park around for a while.

As far as the slingshot, I could definitely see this going into Challenge Park unless they did put between the Gemini entrance and the rest rooms. It seems like there would be plenty of room to have one in that location as it's just currently dead space.

7228194094_5ec0cc74db_o.jpg.44cf92fc6850ad650deeb74840ee0604.jpg

Courtesy Flickr.

Could you imagine it if Cedar Point revamped all of Soak City one year to try and claim the title of best waterpark in the country? Then they'd have both best amusement park and waterpark Golden Tickets which could be huge for marketing purposes. I doubt that will ever happen though.

^Unless they started building waterslides on top of one another ala Grona Lund, space could be an issue unless they took out part of Camper Village or Challenge Park - or just replaced some of the older slides (like they did with the racing speed slides to put in Dragster H2O).

I think that if they found room to put in a Pro-Slide Tornado and a water coaster that I would categorize it as an above average water park.

Heres what I think. Expand challenge park and make it form part of Cedar Point main park. Get rid of the golf course, and you pretty much have just pay per attractions. You could group it together and use it for expansion of the actual park and stuff like that. Because I do like the cool thrilling attractions that they offer, so I don't think that they should get rid of it as a whole. You have to remember that Cedar Point lacks space, so you could work it so that its just another area of the park and add more non pay per attractions back there as well. Although I guess the only thing that would be bad about that is that you can't keep challenge park open longer after cedar point closed. It would close with the park. And I like the City walk Idea! Dunno where they'd put it though...maybe near camper village?

I am not sure how I feel about putting an upcharge attraction inside the park. Wouldn't this fit better inside of challenge park? I know that some parks have these inside of the amusement park, but I already paid good money to get inside and don't feel like paying even more money for an upcharge ride. Just my opinion.

And in all honesty, The attraction is not that exciting to me. I have been on 2 of them, and they just didn't do much for me.

I am not sure how I feel about putting an upcharge attraction inside the park. Wouldn't this fit better inside of challenge park? I know that some parks have these inside of the amusement park, but I already paid good money to get inside and don't feel like paying even more money for an upcharge ride. Just my opinion.

And in all honesty, The attraction is not that exciting to me. I have been on 2 of them, and they just didn't do much for me.

Fit better? Yes. Make more money? Probably not.

I'm sorry what?

The fact is it's not going to stop anyone from going to the park, and if the increased foot traffic means upcharge attractions will be more profitable inside the park then that's probably where they're going to put them.

This is simple to me. If it's not exciting to you, and you don't want to pay more for it, then don't do it!!! How hard is that!?

Registration is open for the Coaster Campout!

campout_head_2.jpg

It's the first-ever Coaster Campout at Cedar Point!

Find out what it's like to spend the night INSIDE the gates of the "Best Amusement Park in the World!"

You'll set up your tent inside the Antique Cars ride area in Frontiertown. Then, it's an evening of ERT, time with friends, food, MORE ERT in the morning and another great day at Cedar Point!

This event is free and is open to those with a valid roller coaster club membership. Park admission for both days is included with your official registration. You must show your valid coaster club card for admission.

Link

Dinosaurs Alive is actually kind of cool. I wouldn't do at at Cedar Point since there are so many other things to do, but we did it at Dorney and it was pretty decent. I'd suggest doing it once.

Susan Glaser (Cleveland Plain Dealer and cleveland.com writer) interviewed the new Cedar Point general manager Jason McClure about rollers coasters, customer service, and the importance of preserving the park's past.

Don't read too much of the comments section; all they pretty much do is complain about Fast Lane and closing Geauga Lake!

www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2014/02/new_cedar_point_gm_jason_mcclu.html

Edited by raptor6
Don't read too much of the comments section; all they pretty much do is complain about Fast Lane and closing Geauga Lake!

Ugh.. why didn't I listen to you?

Honestly I think he gave the PC answer to every question so he essentially said nothing but it's interesting learning about his background and the fact that he has great taste in Intamin coasters. Fast Pay is a neat idea too.

I really liked the ending of that article where it mentioned that they're already planning for the next coaster. Not that I'm going to rush it, they can take their time - Like me saying anything would change that - But it definitely added some optimism to the article.