TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

I have no doubt the park will finish and open the ride on time. However, it does seem like there's still a lot of other work that needs to be done and there's only 2 months left. The park still needs to finish the station, test the ride, probably wire it, clean up the area, build the queue, work on scenery, and construct the entrance. I hope everything is successfully completed by opening day so guests can get the full effect and see the beauty of the new ride along with the entrance.

I see your point, but i think 2 months is enough time, they should be able to finish all these things......unless the Yolocoaster crew switch with the Gatekeeper crew

I have no doubt the park will finish and open the ride on time. However, it does seem like there's still a lot of other work that needs to be done and there's only 2 months left. The park still needs to finish the station, test the ride, probably wire it, clean up the area, build the queue, work on scenery, and construct the entrance. I hope everything is successfully completed by opening day so guests can get the full effect and see the beauty of the new ride along with the entrance.

I think that two months will be more then enough time. Did you see how fast they put the rest of the track up of the keyholes were installed? Dont worry we all will be riding will all effects come opening day!!!

From the park's Facebook:

At 2 p.m. today, GateKeeper officially became a full-circuit roller coaster! Talk about a great way to celebrate T-72 days until Opening Day.

Wow! The second half of the coaster was built astonishingly fast. That's the way to do it and it is why B&M's are almost never behind schedule.

I just can't wait to see it in action with the first test runs coming soon!

By the way, there seems to be no trim on the camel-back hill after all (as some videos suggested) and I hope that the MCBR won't kill a lot of speed either.

^ Maybe. I'm just curious to why they made them a bright yellow in the animation. These look more like a copper. They still look really awesome!

They also didn't have gaps in the towers in the animation, those aren't 100% accurate. I sure hope this isn't the new thing to complain about.