TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2017: Top Thrill Dragster RETIRED!?!?!?

Going to be in the area on Friday/Saturday. The weather is supposed to be perfect.

Planning on going to Cedar one or both nights (would get there on Friday at 6pm, and Saturday probably around 5).

In the past, how have the Halloween crowds been? My guess is not too bad on Friday and possibly a complete madhouse on Saturday based on my experiences elsewhere.

Only interested in the rides, will be skipping all the Halloween stuff. Planning on probably purchasing a fast lane pass on Saturday.

Any info on how it's been in the past is appreciated - again mostly curious about ride lines and such, couldn't care less about the mazes. Thanks!

Who makes more reliable rides? B&M

Who has rides with lower maintenance? B&M

Who makes rides with little downtime? B&M

Who is the easiest to work with (based on actual park interviews and talks)? B&M

Who makes extremely high capacity rides? B&M

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!

Sorry, but you're going to have to call Sallycorp for ghost related problems.

Going to be in the area on Friday/Saturday. The weather is supposed to be perfect.

Planning on going to Cedar one or both nights (would get there on Friday at 6pm, and Saturday probably around 5).

In the past, how have the Halloween crowds been? My guess is not too bad on Friday and possibly a complete madhouse on Saturday based on my experiences elsewhere.

Only interested in the rides, will be skipping all the Halloween stuff. Planning on probably purchasing a fast lane pass on Saturday.

Any info on how it's been in the past is appreciated - again mostly curious about ride lines and such, couldn't care less about the mazes. Thanks!

As far as weather...not too sure about perfect, but not horrible for this time of the year. It is only supposed to be a high of 49 on Friday, but 63 on Saturday. I would say definitely bring a heavy jacket, gloves and hat...especially at night. The wind can get mighty cold coming off the lake!

We were thinking about going Friday night and coming home Saturday because, yes...the park will most likely be packed if it's nice. I've ridden everything thing there a ton of times so Fast Lane at this park isn't worth it for us. Actually, I was thinking of bringing the golf clubs and golfing on Saturday and then maybe a quick trip into the park Saturday night for a couple of the haunts.

Friday nights have traditionally been dead when we have gone in the past. Although this would probably be the latest in the season we have ever thought of going.

Anyone know if they tend to not run a lot of the coasters later in the season if it's too cold? I would imagine TTD might not run if it's too cold, but I was wondering about some of the other coasters and rides.

Seriously, they are not even done yet. How do you know it will end up like this in May? Just because they dug to put the footers in and left it like that for now, doesn't mean anything. Why don't we wait till about mid to late April to make that judgement.

I feel like the want to get as many footers in as possible before snow starts to fly .So, instead of wasting time ripping all the asphalt now, why not get a major part of the ride done right now. And do landscaping later?

Just made me realise how awesome a Ghostbusters dark ride would be. Why hasn't this been done yet??? Gets me all tingly just thinking about it...

Just made me realise how awesome a Ghostbusters dark ride would be. Why hasn't this been done yet??? Gets me all tingly just thinking about it...

It was a fantastic ride/ show at least....then they ripped it out to put in Twister at Universal Orlando

All of the Cedar Fair parks have them now, part of the massive update Google did to Streets View. Some of the stitching gets a bit funny in some places, like on that TTD picture there, but it gives some people who have never been to those parks a nice virtual walk through of them. Also since MiAd doesn't have a proper thread, I'd thought I'd share this little snapshot of it.

^Yeah, more pictures are a few pages back. Including some support pieces.

Hopefully we'll be seeing track arrive on site soon. On the Sandusky Register, they show the crane being shipped in. Not too much longer until vertical construction should start. On the timeline did it say late October through early November?

A few question about CF platinum passes. I'm still considering to buy it or not.

1. Does the platinum pass give you free entry to all other Cedar Fair water-parks? Or just Soak City?

2. Since I don't drive, would someone who was driving get Free Parking by using MY platinum pass?

Also: how long are lines (on average) for early entry? Lets say mid-week in June.

A Platinum Pass grants you unlimited access to all Cedar Fair properties, amusement or water park.

Your group car would get free parking, yes, as long as you are in the car. I did that quite a few times this summer, just hand the card up to the driver to present it to the person at the booth.

Early Entry is usually never crowded, and is basically an ERT session. At least I have never experienced a crowded Early Entry. This summer, I did EE at Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland, and multiple times at Cedar Point. All were basically marathon sessions. Most notably, I rode Diamondback 11 times without having to leave the seat. Cedar Point is about the same, you just keep running around and ride as much as you can, assuming they don't let you stay in the seat or the ride setup doesn't allow it (TTD, MF).