TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

This ride can go one of two ways:

1. Unbearably painful, if sitting in wrong seat or not standing correctly.

2. Relatively smooth, and an overall very enjoyable ride.

Just make sure you've got some "room" before the restraints lock. And avoid any seat past half-train.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

^I usually find that when rides need to be "ridden correctly" or else you'll have a bad ride, they're probably not that great of a ride. Even rides like Magnum or Skyrush will hurt me, but despite that I still consider them amazing rides. In my opinion, it's not only that Mantis is rough or the restraint system is terribly bad, I just think the layout is boring. Especially the second half. I would definitely not consider it a jewel...

That aside, the coverage is pretty cool! I always like finding hidden things from ride construction that you don't commonly see floating around. It's funny to see how far computer rendrering has gone

I'm not at the computer right now (I'm answering from my phone) but I remember when I would right click on them they were like 7mb. They're pretty large, they open larger than my computer screen though lol. (I'm no expert here so I hope that answered your question)

Thats plenty good, just let me know or post 'em here when you can. It'll be appreciated!

As for Mantis, when I worked the ride I learned how to ride it, and when the trims are off and the MCBR isn't grabbing its actually quite spectacular. Unfortunately that rarely ever happens, so

If it helps any the ride is at its best usually toward the end of the day, it can haul a$$ through the first half and get quite whippy through the corkscrew after the MCBR.

^I usually find that when rides need to be "ridden correctly" or else you'll have a bad ride, they're probably not that great of a ride. Even rides like Magnum or Skyrush will hurt me, but despite that I still consider them amazing rides. In my opinion, it's not only that Mantis is rough or the restraint system is terribly bad, I just think the layout is boring. Especially the second half. I would definitely not consider it a jewel...

This exactly. And to add to that, I am not a fan AT ALL of stand up coasters. The only one I can stand to ride is Georgia Scorcher since it is usually a smooth ride with a fun layout. Mantis besides looking impressive in its location, did absolutely nothing for me.

I love mantis' second half, its so wacky with a lot of changes in direction. Much more interesting than most looping B&M endings, I think. (So sick of interlocking corkscrews)

My last trip to CP I rode Mantis around 8PM, and really really enjoyed it. My legs were sore from walking all day and the G force pulling the blood to my legs really helped afterwards. From what I could tell the trim was off and we barely slowed down at the MCBR. Maybe I just had a good run, but I found it enjoyable.

As a Sandusky native that tower is truly iconic to me. I feel bad watching it fall like that. I am glad to see Cedar Point had enough sense to drop it like that on the 12th and not the 11th.

Edited by dragonskeep