TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I can't wait to make my first trip there Jun 2013. I've been wanting to go for years, and now I'm glad I waited. I think GateKeeper looks awesome; definitely the best looking to me of the wing coasters. I'll be getting closer to the 100 coaster mark that's for sure. I plan on going to King's Island for the first time as well during that trip.

Hmm that's a good idea. I've already hit all the CP credits, but I have not yet been to Kings Island. Perhaps I'll make the loop. For those that have been, can KI be accomplished in a day? And is the ride to CP about four hours? I was planning a Monday to Friday trip, but I can just as well push that from Monday to Saturday.

I can't wait to make my first trip there Jun 2013. I've been wanting to go for years, and now I'm glad I waited. I think GateKeeper looks awesome; definitely the best looking to me of the wing coasters. I'll be getting closer to the 100 coaster mark that's for sure. I plan on going to King's Island for the first time as well during that trip.

Hmm that's a good idea. I've already hit all the CP credits, but I have not yet been to Kings Island. Perhaps I'll make the loop. For those that have been, can KI be accomplished in a day? And is the ride to CP about four hours? I was planning a Monday to Friday trip, but I can just as well push that from Monday to Saturday.

To CP from KI? 4 to 4-1/2.

As others have said, the trip is < 5 hours. I was at K.I. today, and the local schools started back today, so the park was empty. I left at 5PM (including 9am early entry with season pass) with 32 rides for the day. During the summer it's busy, but you can get it done using Fast Lane. I never pay extra, but that's just me.

^wow!! It's funny, I knew how ugly the building was before but seeing it mostly gone now shows how much cleaner that corner of the park will look. Has there been any word on if that strip of games is getting a facelift as well?

The games complex just got a facelift around the time that maXair was added so I doubt if they will be doing another facelift so soon.

I agree that it looks so much better with the ride gone. The two tone blue track is really going to look awesome with the lake in the background.

^Oh that's right, I forgot about that. It's been far too long since I've actually spent time in that corner of the park. I haven't been able to ride WT in a few years because of the big ol gut so there hasn't been much of a reason to be there haha. I'm actually going to be there next week, Wednesday and Friday, I'm hoping to be able to at least get on WT once and check out the dt site. Anybody know when SS is coming down?

Anybody know when SS is coming down?

Probably won't physically come down until the off-season because of its location in the park.

I would think as soon as they go into weekend only operation they'll have time while the park is closed during the week to start taking it down. Wouldn't surprise me if it's gone by the end of Halloweekends.

I know this has probably been brought up dozens of times in this thread, but I'd like to address the Mean Streak situation once again.

The ride has received some much needed TLC over the off-season and rides much better. It's not "OMG this is like glass!", but is some-what enjoyable now. I know CP is now focusing all their negative thoughts on MS now that DT is gone. I really hope they do some serous treatment to this coaster, because re-tracking the ride each year is only going to do so much.

I know Cp would probably never do the "I-Box" track. But why not Topper? I know it's a bit pricey but It could really pay off. Newer/lighter trains would help with the structure, causing less wear and tear as the current massive trains do. This would mean less money spent on repairs during the off-season. Topper track really seems the best way to go, the ride will run like it did on the first day, but maintaining that for years to come!

Mean Streak's layout is considered "bland" by many. But Imagine if MS had newer RM-trains with all-new topper track. Just imagine how much air-time you would get on those bunnys scattered throughout the ride. You would fly over those banked turns and down into the valleys, possibly keeping a Voyage-like pace. All this without hurting and best of all, NO TRIMS! An investment like this could really pay off for MS and CP. Their ride will be more popular and less money would be spent on wood.

I know this situation is probably not that simple, as I've never run a mult-million dollar amusement park. But when you look at the big picture, it seems the best way to go...