TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

So basically there were about as many rides open as there would be in peak season with 15 mph winds.

Posted Images

I'm going to venture a guess here...that support is like that because there's going to be A LOT of track.

Just a guess.

BTW, if what I hear is true for the new ride...it will be good, but I'm not blown away. I'm sure all the CP Fanboys will die, but I think Tatsu and El Toro are better rides!

So speculate on that!

Maybe it will be underneath a track to keep supports out of they way, like over a pathway. example: Pepsi Max Big One (???). on one of its turns it only has a base underneath the track and no vertical suports.

hope that makes sense...

Another update has been posted as the crew, apparently, is finishing pouring the last few (or many) footers. They have definitely added quite a few where there were'nt any before, so the ride keeps "lengthening itself", so to speak. Maybe we'll see some verticalness in the next two to three weeks!
When is the official announcement?

Kinzel mentioned an announcement in August for 2007's plans during the press conference about buying the Paramount parks.

^Im going tomorrow, ill look to see.

BTW i dont think anyone has posted these yet but at thepointol.com they have some really good pictures, and it looks like they got some more supports.

EDIT: sorry i cant get the link to work.

^How do you know that? Where did you hear that from?

That seems too soon. Then again, they did start construction very early for this coaster, so an early announcement would make sense. If that is the case then we only have to wait another 15 days...

^How do you know that? Where did you hear that from?

That seems too soon. Then again, they did start construction very early for this coaster, so an early announcement would make sense. If that is the case then we only have to wait another 15 days...

Its on like page 6.