TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

9 hours ago, pianojohn said:

I have never seen more than a one cycle wait for Cedar Downs even on the most crowded days. You shouldn't have any issues with riding it to your heart's content.

True...I just like to bang it out early while making my way down the midway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No activity on this thread in a while. Well, let's add some excitement! For a low low price of $100 you can stay in Frontier Town for 3 hours after-hours. If Disney can do it, why not Cedar Point?  You get to choose from 5 rides, and for extra $ can purchase food and specialty drinks. A little bit of entertainment and a bull riding simulator. ADULTS ONLY!

Not for me (I'm too cheap, and FL is "good enough"), and probably not for a lot of the target demographic of Cedar Point, but I guess good on them for trying. I think what hurts the most is that supposedly the night of CoasterMania they are doing this as well, so everyone is up in arms on how they "could" have been getting ERT during this time but instead they are sharing the park with "outsiders". 🙄 -- I couldn't care less but those are some of the comments out there. After looking at the itinerary of CoasterMania this year I can see why some people might be mad lol.

If more stuff was included I could see more people paying for it, but.. that's just me. Disney proved me wrong so maybe there will be loads of people for this too and I'm just wrong in my thinking.

Then again, if I think nobody is going to be there, then that's 3 straight hours of Maverick and Steel Vengeance with no wait. Is that worth it?

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/wild-frontier-nights

4 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

one being Cedar Creek Mine Ride...

Hey, I did Coasting For Kids at Knott's and that was on Jaguar and Coast Rider.  I'm prepared.

• Haha 1

The "adults only" part is certainly appealing to me.  Not "$100 for 3 hours" appealing, but still.  If that included open bar for all of those fancy cocktails?  Sign me up.

I also wonder how much Maverick and Steel Vengeance will break down during these things; they're not exactly known as the most reliable rides out there.

Is it opening weekend?!?!  Any thoughts on crowds?  I haven't been to CP  in awhile.. way back when, they'd open for the season, be open 7 days a week from the start, and you went before Memorial Day or suffer lines  LOL  I think last year it was a mad-house at this time (from what I've read).  Was that because of Covid shutting things down the previous year or is it always jammed from day 1 to end-day? 

Iron Dragon already vallied. Opening weekend tradition lol. Not at the park today but will probably hit it next weekend. So far zero rides are open due to wind/cold combination, as per coasterbill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Doppel Looping said:

So basically no change?

Guess you haven't been to the park in a while?  The area in front of WT's rear spike (where the old theater had been) had been nicely landscaped with a bunch of grass, benches and Adirondack chairs prior to its demolition.

On 5/7/2022 at 9:18 AM, anonymouscactus said:

Iron Dragon already vallied. Opening weekend tradition lol. Not at the park today but will probably hit it next weekend. So far zero rides are open due to wind/cold combination, as per coasterbill.

On 5/7/2022 at 1:00 PM, coasterbill said:

This is just tradition at this point

49215D2F-8602-4DF1-A507-D175758BC250.jpeg

See?  We're finally done with Covid!  America is healing!

• Haha 4

Even on the third day of operation (Monday), Magnum, Gemini, and Steel Vengeance had signs out saying closed all day. Maverick was down but did come up la bit later. So much for starting my afternoon visit in the back of the park, lol.

• Haha 1

Everyone knows you have to visit Cedar Point in that magical three-week time span every season where rides are open, actually running at full capacity and food locations are open. But be quick because as soon as school is back in session it’s all over!  

• Like 1

Stopped at the park Friday evening (arrived 6pm), primarily to walk around the park and grab a ride on MF and Raptor... First visit since pre-COVID, actually, so it's been a minute! 

Park was busier than I would anticipate in the midways at least, but ride lines were not bad. Waited 30min for MF (2 train op with weird stagger from when unload train would advance into loading once train was at top of lift). Was running a bit slow, for sure. Cooler temps and winds did it no favor, but was running smoothly. Decided to try SV again, since I have not ridden it since media day and didn't exactly love it at the time, but as we arrived it stopped at the top of lift... Sooooo, figured it wasn't worth waiting around for given we had about an hour left until close.

Headed back to up the front of the park and walked on front seat of Gatekeeper (also chugging along) and 2x front seat walk on Raptor to close out the quick stop... Still the best ride in the park for me, no question. After all these years, this ride still delivers the perfect experience. Love it!

Park looked good, the new restaurant  back by Maverick looks nice. Magnum was down due to wind, but otherwise everything was open at the end of the day until SV broke down.

Hope to stop back again within a few weeks after work or for early entry, before peak season picks up. It was nice to be back in the park again after our hiatus a few years. 

We are visiting Saturday and Sunday this weekend from Toronto area.  Our last visit was May 2019.  For most of our last visit we had pretty windy conditions and Raptor and Gatekeeper were basically  down the whole time.

For this weekend the forecast is showing WSW wind at 10-15mph for Saturday and W wind at 10-20mph for Sunday.  Is that windy enough to shut rides down?  I'm specifically hoping to get on Raptor and Gatekeeper this time around!!