TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

1 hour ago, RideThroughTime said:

Were you able to catch the 150th Parade/Show?

Shows and parades aren't my thing, I saw a minute of song and dance walking by. I think CP has posted full videos on their socials 

2 hours ago, southpuddle said:

Best way to watch a parade is to power walk the opposite way it’s traveling and see the entire thing in 5 minutes. 

"If you're watching a parade, don't follow it. It never changes. If the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction. You will fast-forward the parade." - Mitch Hedberg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, southpuddle said:

Best way to watch a parade is to power walk the opposite way it’s traveling and see the entire thing in 5 minutes. 

Great pro tip!

On 8/31/2021 at 9:29 AM, bert425 said:

hey, but it was worth it for the kiddo you got as a result, right?

Without a doubt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

During my 4 days the most common things I heard after riding were:

"That was more fun than I remembered but it's too short"

"I forgot about this!"

"This is my 2nd choice when dragster is closed"

"I haven't been on this since we took my sibling was doing the kiddie rides over there."

I'll miss it, but you gotta believe it's part of a plan so there will be another park for it and there will be more concrete and garbage cans in the future 

Here's to hoping it's some kind of outdoor boardwalk/restaurant/patio/bar area. That seems like it would fit in well, considering the resort is only a few hundred feet away. I know people are hoping for a boardwalk GCI, but it seems like Cedar Point has more of an interest in opening up the beach area, rather than boxing it off. I'm sure Cedar Point could easily get another 30 people to man the area...

• Like 4

Thinking about making a trip up to CP this weekend. For those that have been recently, will I hate myself with how busy it is? Also with that, will I need Fastlane? I came last year on one of the very last weekends, and it was so busy, we only rode Steel Vengeance, Val, Maverick, Millenium, and a couple of flat rides. We were there open to close. I’d like to avoid that if possible, and I’m willing to pay for one day of FL/FL+ if needed. 

The drive is about 6.5 hours, so I was thinking drive up for Saturday afternoon/evening in the park, then spend most of Sunday there as well. Thanks for any help!

43 minutes ago, tykunkel1031 said:

Thinking about making a trip up to CP this weekend. For those that have been recently, will I hate myself with how busy it is? Also with that, will I need Fastlane? I came last year on one of the very last weekends, and it was so busy, we only rode Steel Vengeance, Val, Maverick, Millenium, and a couple of flat rides. We were there open to close. I’d like to avoid that if possible, and I’m willing to pay for one day of FL/FL+ if needed. 

The drive is about 6.5 hours, so I was thinking drive up for Saturday afternoon/evening in the park, then spend most of Sunday there as well. Thanks for any help!

Don’t hate me if I’m wrong, but the last few fridays and sundays(not Labor Day weekend, I was out of town so not sure ) have been great for lines, people are in school or it seems like they are waiting for haunt to start and not coming.  Saturdays I am not sure about. 

4 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Here's to hoping it's some kind of outdoor boardwalk/restaurant/patio/bar area. That seems like it would fit in well, considering the resort is only a few hundred feet away. I know people are hoping for a boardwalk GCI, but it seems like Cedar Point has more of an interest in opening up the beach area, rather than boxing it off. I'm sure Cedar Point could easily get another 30 people to man the area...

Pretty much my opinion as well. We absolutely love staying at Breakers during trips to Cedar Point, but even with the addition of the Sand Bar, I still think there needs to be another option for adult-centric entertainment, especially later at night when everything else is closing. They clearly aren't shying away from the alcohol themed fun with the festivals and pop up beer gardens, so I could see a nightclub style or brewery type bar fitting in perfectly there. 

1 hour ago, octoroach said:

Don’t hate me if I’m wrong, but the last few fridays and sundays(not Labor Day weekend, I was out of town so not sure ) have been great for lines, people are in school or it seems like they are waiting for haunt to start and not coming.  Saturdays I am not sure about. 

Sounds good then. Anyone know if they’re still having the situation of FL/FL+ being sold out for in park purchase? I was gonna hold off on getting it until I knew for sure it would be needed, but maybe not if I can’t get it on the day I go. 

7 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

If you're going on a Saturday and the weather forecast is even halfway decent, just get it.

I’ll be going just for Saturday evening, but our main day at the park will be Sunday. Think it’ll be worth it then?

27 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

@tykunkel1031How many hours of the evening?  If it's 6 or more, then I'd say yes it's worth it, and you should also get it for your full day on Sunday.

I wouldn't bother buying it for Saturday evening, just try to do some of the coasters that typically don't have lines such as Magnum, Gemini, Gatekeeper, etc in the evening. Sunday won't sell out, so judge as the day goes in the morning.

We went Friday on labor day weekend and the park was moderately busy. All the rides had longer times listed then they were (SV listed as 2 hours, but really  was only 45 minutes), the park wasn't dead, but many coasters were walk ons still such as Magnum, Gatekeeper, Wicket Twister at times (RIP), Raptor, Rougarou. Valravn probably had a 30 to 45 minute line, MF might of been the only coaster I remember having close to an hour wait. I would expect a Sunday to be similar, but this is the first weekend where everyone that typically comes during the week is limited to the weekend so who knows for sure.

Saturday I believe is one of the 250 dollar FLP days which is probably overkill, I'm a huge advocate for FLP but it's honestly probably not needed, especially at that price.

Driving 7 hours each way for not even full day visits? You've gotta get FL if you want to have a good time/get multiple rides in. The operations are much slower this year compared to normal years, it's the only way to ride a bunch or rides.

I'd ABSOLUTELY get FL+ for Sunday.

buy it now, online, and even if Sunday ends up being slow?  you'll still get use of it.

on Sat. evening, just ride things that don't have FL+ access, or flats - hello Cedar Downs racing derby marathon!

3 hours ago, PKI Jizzman said:

Driving 7 hours each way for not even full day visits? You've gotta get FL if you want to have a good time/get multiple rides in. The operations are much slower this year compared to normal years, it's the only way to ride a bunch or rides.

We’ll be spending almost all day Sunday there. In total, it’ll be more than one full day of operating hours. Saturday is just like our preview evening haha. That’s why I was planning for possible FL+ on Sunday. 

I’m leaning towards just going for it on the FL+ for Sunday though. This will probably be our last time getting to visit the park for a couple years because we’re moving soon. I definitely want the last trip to be a good one. 

One more question - we both work at another theme park which gets us into CP for free. We were considering Breaker’s Express for a hotel just for the early entry. Do we need to have the tickets through the hotel to get in early for that? Also, do they run with FL+ during early entry?

8 hours ago, tykunkel1031 said:

We’ll be spending almost all day Sunday there. In total, it’ll be more than one full day of operating hours. Saturday is just like our preview evening haha. That’s why I was planning for possible FL+ on Sunday. 

I’m leaning towards just going for it on the FL+ for Sunday though. This will probably be our last time getting to visit the park for a couple years because we’re moving soon. I definitely want the last trip to be a good one. 

One more question - we both work at another theme park which gets us into CP for free. We were considering Breaker’s Express for a hotel just for the early entry. Do we need to have the tickets through the hotel to get in early for that? Also, do they run with FL+ during early entry?

FL+ does not work for early entry. I would recommend using the early entry time for Raptor, Valravn (I believe this is early entry now), MF then Maverick. Steel Vengeance always gets mobbed in the morning anyways and you'll enjoy yourself more waiting until the afternoon. I recommend this course of rides if you have FL+ or not.

FL+ is great, I even opted for the season long one. My only caveat is that I know it's not as necessary as some might think it is. So it comes down to budget, if you go to the park with a similar game plan as I mentioned, you'll be on all of those coasters by mid afternoon with or without it, with it you'll likely get through the park two or three times over though. Letting you finish out the day on Gemini, Magnum, Corkscrew, Iron Dragon and GateKeeper. Just know that it isn't necessary and even on the parks busiest of busy days, we've pulled off riding everything working our away around the crowds.

Also, I recommend planning a late lunch if it's possible. You'll avoid waiting in lines if you're willing to wait until 3 to 4pm to eat, which is also the time most of the restaurants in breakers open. Since it'll be a Sunday though they might be closed for the week. The Melt is a good alternative if you're looking for a sit down meal.