TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

The Intamin rattle is so noticeable on Maverick, you can hear it when you stand on the midway. I noticed it about a month ago. It sure didn't take long!

The ride's still tons of fun. I rode it on Sunday.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

I got to ride Maverick for my first time on the July 24 during the hotel special hours? I was there with camp and I rode front row. I really didn't enjoy it that much the first time since it hurt my neck. The next day I sprinted with one of my camp friends and we got on the 13rd ride of the day becuase we stopped sprinting for about 10 seconds to catch our breathe. We went front row again that day but for some reason I enjoyed the ride an incredibly large amount more this ride... I don't know why! I just did and it took my #1 coaster. Maverick is an amazing ride IMO.

-coastakid

I got to ride Maverick for my first time on the July 24 during the hotel special hours? I was there with camp and I rode front row. I really didn't enjoy it that much the first time since it hurt my neck. The next day I sprinted with one of my camp friends and we got on the 13rd ride of the day becuase we stopped sprinting for about 10 seconds to catch our breathe. We went front row again that day but for some reason I enjoyed the ride an incredibly large amount more this ride... I don't know why! I just did and it took my #1 coaster. Maverick is an amazing ride IMO.

-coastakid

Maverick is a back seat ride, though the front is still good.

Why didn't you ride in the back?

-coastakid

Maverick is a back seat ride, though the front is still good.

Why didn't you ride in the back?

I'm not really sure... maybe it was just becuase my whole group was waiting for front and I didn't feel like waiting at the exit? Haha, I'm not really sure. Well anyhow, I enjoyed it a lot in the front so now I can't wait till next summer to ride in the back!

• 3 weeks later...
Do they still have someone appointing seats or do they let you choose where to sit now?

When we rode last week we could sit anywhere we wanted to. We made sure that we had both a front and back row ride.

This ride was way over-hyped and total let down.

I really don't care if I ever ride it again and if I do I probably wouldn't wait anymore then 20-30 minutes for it.

There are far better rides at the park... like DISASTER TRANSPORT!!!

FYI, if you just ask, they'll give you the seat you want 99% of the time.

OT: Erik, I looked for a supposed Whataburger location in Clearwater last week... to no avail.

Maybe they are not there yet, though Clearwater is famous for having the original Hooters. I have 2 Whataburgers within 5 miles from my house.

Yeah... I KNOW.

I looked it up in the phone book one of the nights last week (yeah, that's how much I wanted one), looked up and down that road, with no luck.

I think I passed by the original Hooters... but I still like the Winghouse better.

This ride was way over-hyped and total let down.

I really don't care if I ever ride it again and if I do I probably wouldn't wait anymore then 20-30 minutes for it.

There are far better rides at the park... like DISASTER TRANSPORT!!!

So it WASN'T sex in coaster form for you??

Give it some credit, it was at least great foreplay! It and Raptor are in a balls out fight for the best ride in the park!

I thought Maverick was great, random-fun. It was like California Screamin's adventerous and expirimental younger-brother. Whereas CA-Screamin has graceful, swooping-turns that ensure a balanced ride, Maverick sort of went where it wanted to go and did what it wanted to do. I very much enjoyed it.

-Jahan

^^ Wow, that's probably the best description of Maverick I've ever seen.

I'm curious to know if other parks will build rides of this type with similar layouts or if this was just a one time deal from Intamin.

and you don't feel the trims after the launch at all.

I beg to differ, this was the only letdown of the ride IMO. You fly out of the tunnel just to slam into brakes, its quite depressing.

^Yeah, you definitely feel them. I love that launch, but the trims right after is one of the dumber moments in coaster history. I would have plenty happy if they had just done an insanely quick 60 mph launch without the brakes.

Oh well, I still love the ride.

I thought Maverick was a great ride. I just don't think it's the best there though. I do agree that the turn is pretty dumb, when they trim it to heck. Also I think if they didn't mess up with the barrel roll the ride would have been alot more exciting for me.

Got a message from Cedar Point via myspace and they sent along the following image with the topic: New for 2008. Looks like they've already started digging for a new ride/attraction for next season. Not much to look at just yet but this is certain to develop.

NBP264.jpg.61b792eae012c7ba14aad655468403f9.jpg

Anyone know what part of the park this is?