TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Some people might see it as if i save $50 bucks and ride everything with out waiting much, then it gives me time to wait for 2 or 3 other rides and still not feel rushed. But moving MF really makes + the only one to get.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

I am a little surprised that this years addition, while not a coaster didn't end up on Fastlane+ as a just because. I figured any new addition that is an adult/family attraction would make it on purely from a marketing stand point, if only for it's debut season in the case of Snake River Expedition.

Personally, I would like to see regular Fastlane still offer the same rides that Fastlane+ offers but be a single use option. Whereas Fastlane+ would be unlimited rides. Then there may be value in both levels but also limit the amount of people in the fastlane lines as well. Kind of how Busch has Quick Queue and QQ Unlimited.

As a family of 4 I find FL & FL+ to be way too expensive, especially since I only paid $75ea for 2 days admission, unless I'm misunderstanding the price.

^Sadly, you're not the targeted demographic for FL+. The demographic is just people who see value and are willing to drop $600 on it on a July Saturday (family of 4).

As a family of 4 I find FL & FL+ to be way too expensive, especially since I only paid $75ea for 2 days admission, unless I'm misunderstanding the price.

It has to be that expensive. Should be more expensive some days in my opinion. Otherwise everyone would have it and it wouldn't do any good.

It has to be that expensive. Should be more expensive some days in my opinion. Otherwise everyone would have it and it wouldn't do any good.

True. I guess im just spoiled by free fast passes (WDW) or going on light crowd days (USIOA, BGW) and not even needing it.

I got your back man! When I go with my 3 kids, there's no way I'm dropping a small fortune on getting FL or FL+ either! So it's prudent planning, knowing the best days to go for lower crowds, or GTFO for us! Of course, we got the free FL+ with our Passes at CW last year, and I can definitely see the allure, if you can afford it...

True. I guess im just spoiled by free fast passes (WDW) or going on light crowd days (USIOA, BGW) and not even needing it.

So you're paying $37.50 a day to go to Cedar Point and even on the busiest day with no discounts or a Platinum Pass it's $150 for Fastlane which is $187 total. A one day Disney World parkhopper is about $195.

The comeback will be "Well it's also Disney and it's worth more" which is true, but it's still totally built into the price. Also, the Cedar Point Fastlane is unlimited rides on whatever you want all day. Even the best MDX wizard on earth with a lucky rabbit's foot up their ass couldn't just churn out unlimited Flight of Passage Fastpasses all day but you could absolutely spend the entire day fastpassing Steel Vengeance if you wanted with the Fastlane wristband.

I feel like the value / price point for those things is at least comparable but Disney is better at packaging it.

Edited by coasterbill

^

These are two positions I saw very often in the last four offseasons.

In the offseason 2016/17 the cam was solely poited on Magnum for a lot of weeks.

Probably so you can't see the major demolition work.

... or because they move the webcams all the time, a little less often now but often multiple times a day when the park is open.

Edited by coasterbill

It seems like the big news out of Winter Chill Out is changes to Early Entry, not all of which are finalized but it does seem like Steel Vengeance will only be available for Early Entry on Saturday and Sunday.

This was the unofficial / official policy for a good chunk of last year anyway but I’m still a little surprised.

All of the Cedar Point fans second guessing the meaning of park anniversaries when they see Luna Park celebrating the 10th anny by adding a flume, water ride, coaster, and more..

source.gif

Cedar Point will be opening for free on May 2 and 3. Ride wristbands will be $20.20. Must RSVP beforehand. No tickets or wristbands for purchase at the park. Ride schedule is currently Blue Streak, Gatekeeper, Maxair, Raptor, Valravn, WT, WS, and kid rides.

Passholder preview nights 4-8pm on May 6, 7.

It seems like the big news out of Winter Chill Out is changes to Early Entry, not all of which are finalized but it does seem like Steel Vengeance will only be available for Early Entry on Saturday and Sunday.

This was the unofficial / official policy for a good chunk of last year anyway but I’m still a little surprised.

At least it's posted now. I am interested if this means the ride will open at official park opening or if it will have a delayed opening until noon like it did throughout last year.

Wow, there are some big early entry changes there. Mainly that Raptor is back every day which is fantastic, Magnum is available on weekdays, Vengeance is available on weekends only and Gold pass holders can't ride Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Magnum or Skyhawk (So I imagine they'll just have people checking passes somewhere around the back Sky Ride station / Corkscrew / Luminosity midways.

Also, the park will open to all guests at 9AM from all gates in the front of the park but people without Platinum or Gold passes won't be able to ride anything.

Interesting...

Edited by coasterbill

This looked interesting: "Due to a private event, Steel Vengeance and Maverick will not be available for Early Entry on Saturday, June 6 and will open at 10:00 a.m."

SV and Maverick are going to be running later than everything else for Coastermania on the 5th?

This looked interesting: "Due to a private event, Steel Vengeance and Maverick will not be available for Early Entry on Saturday, June 6 and will open at 10:00 a.m."

SV and Maverick are going to be running later than everything else for Coastermania on the 5th?

As far as I can tell, the 2020 CoasterMania ERT schedule isn't out yet. This could mean those two rides are part of the morning ERT.

Looking to visit last week of May on a Wed and Thurs. Looking at Hotel Breakers with ticket package. Does anyone here have any advice on this deal or other hotel/package deals?

2 day ride and refresh will be about 640.00 for 2 people

Says early entry as well.