TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

First off, great report! Glad you had a great time and good thing the park was doing well. Bummer you didn't have a great time on Magnum though... still one of my favorites. Also that's quite the plot of land, I didn't know that it was that big however I don't see a hotel coming.

Second, I don't believe this has been mentioned, but I received an email from CP advertising their platinum pass along with the Forbidden Frontier. They provided a graphic for the new attraction that seemed really interesting. It appears as if they are relocating the entrance from where the Dinosaurs alive bridge was to where shoot the rapids used to be. They've also given some of the areas around the island random names like "Strataman's ridge," or "Sitnam's point." Dunno what the heck any of this means, but it neat to try and guess what they'll do with it.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.6dc54b5e9e7b0cc235a11c9bd5f51053.jpg

Am I looking at this map right??

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

So basically there were about as many rides open as there would be in peak season with 15 mph winds.

Posted Images

I got on the last train of the year on Millennium and thanks to a stroke of luck and a nice ride operator at Dragster, I also got on the last train of the year there too. This has to have been the only time a Dragster breakdown worked out in my favor.

What a coincidence! I was on the train in front of you that rolled back! I was going to wait for the last train (especially because I was in the front row) but due to the breakdown, cycling of an empty train, then the trains sitting still for so long, I knew the first train sent was gonna roll back so I rode that one instead. It was so worth it. My first ever rollback haha

HAHA OMG! So you're the one I saw run back to the second to last train. I couldn't understand why you did it but I figured the chance of a roll back was the reason. That's so funny. Well I must thank you then. Was awesome to take your spot in the front row. Hope you enjoyed your roll back

Haha. Indeed, that was me! I figured giving up front row was worth it for a roll back. It wasn’t even a guaranteed rollback (obviously you can’t guarantee it will happen) but I knew the conditions were just right for it.

They've also given some of the areas around the island random names like "Strataman's ridge," or "Sitnam's point." Dunno what the heck any of this means, but it neat to try and guess what they'll do with it.

Oh those are not random. Cedar Creek Pass is Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Strataman's Ridge is Top Thrill Dragster (remember, it's a stratacoaster), Sitnam Point is Rougarou (because it used to be called Mantis), and Fort Sandusky is the fort along the Frontier Trail.

I spent Friday and Saturday at the park. I had a good time despite the constant light rain. The only coasters I didn't ride were Gemini and Wicked Twister. I was a bit disappointed with the one or two train ops because I didn't get as many rides in as I normally would. The park wasn't busy enough for me to finally buy Fast Lane and I didn't want to risk it with the weather. I had good rides on every coaster and I got two awesome trimless rides on Magnum.

I finally got to ride Steel Vengeance and I was able to get three rides in. I think it's a great ride and it's one of the best coasters out there. I let the hype get to me a little so I was a bit underwhelmed after my first ride. My second ride at night in the rain was a lot more fun. My third ride was slightly better because the rain paused. The mcbr didn't slow down the train at all during any of my rides, which was nice. The first half of the ride is really fun, but the second half is awesome. There is so much ejector airtime and it's heavenly. My favorite section of the ride is from the little wave turn in the structure to the brake run. That section really packs a punch. I can't wait to get more rides on it next season. One last thing. I was surprised by how strongly the no phone policy was enforced. I was not expecting someone to patrol the queue and remove people from the line. I think the policy is a bit much, but good for the park for sticking to their guns.

Thanks to those who recommended the Econo Lodge North. The location is great, the room was clean and the staff were great. It's the best bargain hotel I've stayed at and this will be my go to hotel for every trip to the Point. Needless to say I also recommend staying here.

I got on the last train of the year on Millennium and thanks to a stroke of luck and a nice ride operator at Dragster, I also got on the last train of the year there too. This has to have been the only time a Dragster breakdown worked out in my favor. (Also shoutout to Josh Rice who's a member here. His crew was outstanding this year and congrats to him for getting such a high ridership number)

Thanks! Dragster had its best ridership of the past five years in 2018!

^I was very impressed with how much up-time it had during my 3 day visit to the park in June. I have read horror stories of people trying years to get on it in some FB groups...lol I just paid attention to when I saw it running and got in line. I just happen to be nearby and waited no more than 10 minutes each time. You were working (at least) one of the times I rode. You were in the booth back between the load & unload.

Despite the weather, we had a great time this entire closing weekend

We were able to hit all the major coasters multiple times, and did all the haunted houses several times as well. Closing weekend is always bittersweet. We were able to enjoy the weekend with lots of friends and coaster geeks like ourselves . But on the other hand, the winters up north are cold, long, and void of coasters.

So with that being said, I have an idea to help with the off season blues.

Let's play a game. I took a bunch of pictures from around the park of signs, rides, and other park landmarks. The object is to try and figure out what it is. Most are close up pictures. Let's see how well you know the park. I'm not gonna lie, most of these are not easy to figure out. I figured that I would do 1 a week if you guys and gals are interested.

So here is the first picture. Any idea what it's from?

Screenshot_20181029-205420_Gallery.thumb.jpg.36838323a210ad7a3b84c01148c39c7a.jpg

So with that being said, I have an idea to help with the off season blues.

Wow. That just set in. Time flies.

Edited by prozach626

Tony Clark tweeted yesterday that Opening Day 2019 is 194 days away, putting it on Saturday, May 11, one week later than the past few years. That’s unfortunate that they had to push it back a little, but I can understand why considering some early season experiences I’ve read about on here.

I got on the last train of the year on Millennium and thanks to a stroke of luck and a nice ride operator at Dragster, I also got on the last train of the year there too. This has to have been the only time a Dragster breakdown worked out in my favor. (Also shoutout to Josh Rice who's a member here. His crew was outstanding this year and congrats to him for getting such a high ridership number)

I believe it. Each morning I visited it was running at park opening, was available during the day, and at night! I couldn't believe how many rides I was able to get on Dragster this year.

Great job!

Tony Clark tweeted yesterday that Opening Day 2019 is 194 days away, putting it on Saturday, May 11, one week later than the past few years. That’s unfortunate that they had to push it back a little, but I can understand why considering some early season experiences I’ve read about on here.

Hopefully that doesn't increase the crowds for Coaster Campout with people squeezing in their first visits of the season ASAP.