TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I would definitely consider the Sunrise tour this year knowing you get priority boarding on those two rides, plus two other FL+ one time use passes sweeten the deal...

That, and being able to take pictures / timelapse of the sunrise from the top of Valravyn is pretty frickin tempting. I imagine it'll cost a pretty penny though.

I think last year it was around $240 per person...

^^ As far as tent camping, Cedar Point has never allowed it as long as we have been going there. They used to say that it had something to do with the water table level and pitching tent stakes, but when you have monster coasters and rides next door that are buried several feet into the ground, that kind of throws that theory out the window in a big way.

My thought was that they didn't want the wrong type of crowd coming in there with just tents. Don't get me wrong, we used to tent camp all the time, so I'm not saying that tenter's are dirtbags. I just always felt that they may have used the water table level as an excuse more than anything else.

I remember camping there back in the early days of raptor with my family (we had a pop-up camper). Eventually I didn't want to be in the camper with my family and set up my own tent whenever we went camping.

I completely get that it's Cedar Point's rule, and they are entirely within their rights to do it of course, I just don't really care to stay in a hotel and don't want to get an RV, but I'm only 2 or so hours away anyway, so it really isn't a big deal overall.

I suppose if not allowing tent camping is my biggest complaint about Cedar Point they're doing pretty well.

^ May 19-20... wow and you get a ton of ERT and meals, too!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/coaster-campout

$200 (donation) per site (up to 4 people)... not per person? 2 days admission. Early entry. ERT on Steel Vengeance. That can't be right? That is a STEAL.

(fiancee yells in background: "it is NOT a good deal if I can't shower")

Wow.. $200 for one camp site?? So essentially $50 per person for two days of admission to CP end ERT?

Also I forgot to mention Coastermania details were announced too (probably because Brew/BBQ is superior )

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/coastermania

I wonder what they will cap attendance at. I think that is the most important factor if the event is 'worth it' or not. You know, besides meeting other coaster enthusiasts etc..................

Not for me. Nowadays with FL+ and meal plans and other experiences where you can go any day you want, early entry, etc; enthusiast events just aren't as special as they used to be. Not to say they are bad thing, just not for me. Unless they do a special theme or unique things (I'm looking at you Holiday World) then there isn't a lot of advantages. Then again you do get a boat ride included, which is nice. And some neat contests.

It would suck to not attend Coastermania and have early entry that day and be the first in the park only to have a two hour line ahead of you on Steel Vengeance (better than a 5 hour line I suppose!). lol

Edited by anonymouscactus

All right, Coastermania itinerary! I had figured it would be stuff in the back of the park. I don't remember Gemini, Magnum, and Skyhawk having long lines that day, so 2 hours of SteVen and Maverick is awesome!

Bummed about no Brews & BBQ.... Okay, they have Melt, I'm over it.

^ well the good news is you get an extra hour with the time zone change for Holiday World! -- Good luck with that plan! Have you been to Holiday World or Holiwood Nights before? It's an awesome event 8) it's just too bad you'll have such limited time at CP.

That's right! That extra hour means more coaster time! And I actually went to Holiwood Nights last year. We didn't have plans to go to Coastermania this year but as soon as we saw the morning ERT, we decided we needed to go to that too. I'll be at CP plenty this year so I think we'll be okay with just a few hours there. Another year will definitely be committed to a full day at Coastermania.

V.I.P. details have been announced! *drool*. 3 different ones but no price announced yet. Even the sunrise tour includes immediate boarding to Maverick and Steel Vengeance. None of that waiting in line with other FL+ low-lifes!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/vip-tours

I think in the past it was discounted for Pass holders since you didn't need admission/etc. Can anyone verify if my memory is correct? I would definitely consider the Sunrise tour this year knowing you get IMMEDIATE boarding on those two rides, plus two other FL+ one time use passes sweeten the deal...

(Un) Fortunately we already have dining, funpix, etc so the value goes down a bit.... still curious what they will charge, though...

The prices are now posted, and this year it is different that Sunrise does NOT require admission. Meaning it will be cheaper for those with passes. The listed price is $199

I just looked at my old ticket purchase and believe the advance price online was good for anyone, not just pass holders. Passholders got the free bonus beverage coupon, though, upon picking up their wristbands. So yes, still cheaper to buy online even if you are not a passholder. That is, if my memory and interpreting my confirmation email is correct.

fd2e8954ae3a6798391385c2a59cbcbd.jpg

5a53bf39fa9ea21581768f83187b991f.jpg

a238c9589711125fa2bdd4da5cefa57f.jpg

* Note: food and beverages are not allowed on the rides, as I later found out

Trip report:

It's awesome.

What specific questions did you have?

Yes, just to be clear: If you have a Platinum pass, it's $20 whether you buy it in advance or at the park. Don't buy in advance if you have a Platinum pass.

If you don't have a Platinum pass, it's $20 in advance and $30 at the park. Buy in advance if you don't have a Platinum pass.