TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

My wife is not nearly as passionate about coasters as I am. My Wife never noticed the steel track on Mean Streak until I pointed it out to her. Even then I had to reference Storm Chaser and Goliath as references to her to try to explain to her what they were doing. Its not a common thing to the gp.

Sorry to break it to you, but I think your wife might have a classic case of "dumb"...

/s

My wife is an occupational therapist. I am sure you will have to look it up. When you get done with that read the rest of my post. The general public do not follow every little step of construction on a roller coaster. It never crossed her mind to look at Mean Streak and study it. The general public don't research every ride at every park. They know nothing of a company that takes old wooden coasters and reengineer them with steel track. I am the coaster fanatic. She just goes for the ride.

• Replies 48.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No worries. Just getting me concerned as it is my #1 and I'm planning on going to the park this weekend.

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

Good morning from Cedar Point! We will be on a hard hat tour of the ride formerly known as Mean Streak! We will try to live stream on our Facebook page if we can! Keep an eye on our socials and please share!

DFBbVepV0AAARl9.thumb.jpg.0ab2c59ea6818b16f8bafae5451d8828.jpg

This photo that Robb retweeted from Jason McClure is literally everything to me right now.

DFBa8YSUMAA6vAu.jpg:large

Following along the TPR Twitter like a junkie right now for my next fix. Keep up the good work!

Going to amazing. I love the layout so far. The lift hill ascent angle is almost like that of a giga.

And here is the replay of the live stream:

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

We will have lots of much higher quality video to post a bit later today!

Edited by robbalvey

I'm reasonably sure that this will be a helluva lot better than the original Mean Streak.

Just a hunch.

^ I think that pic confirms a full and complete third lap! Ledgers placed right along side the double-up and double-down ready for track! I think this may be the first RMC rebuild that actually produces a LONGER track than the original ride!

^ I think that pic confirms a full and complete third lap! Ledgers placed right along side the double-up and double-down ready for track! I think this may be the first RMC rebuild that actually produces a LONGER track than the original ride!

Wow...were talking over 6000ft as it was 5400ft before. That would make it top 7 or 8th longest steel coaster.

Again, guys...please... please.... HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO ASK THIS...

If you know we have been at a press event...and we are even POSTING CONTENT from said press event, please do not post a link to other people's updates from that same press event. We have lots more photos & video that we will be posting along with what we've already posted. Yes, there is Really More Coming!

It's just so damn rude to go posting links to other people's updates when you know damn well we are working our butts off to bring you similar content.

Please just be patient. Thank you.

--Robb "Really sick of having to say this..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey