TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

do platinum passes normally go on sale during holidays such as christmas? what prices do they drop to if so? and does anyone else think it's kinda dumb that you can't get into cedar point shores with just a normal season pass?

do platinum passes normally go on sale during holidays such as christmas? what prices do they drop to if so? and does anyone else think it's kinda dumb that you can't get into cedar point shores with just a normal season pass?

They go on sale in the fall. That will be the lowest price to get them. After around closing day, the price continues to go up.

Okay, bear with me a bit. it's a long story. I was looking for old images today of Fly o Plane ,that was at Geuaga Lake years ago. Someone here posted a TR on Lake Winnie, which has the only, as far as I know, Fly o Plane left. ( might have even come from Geauga, not sure) Any who, I found a cool old postcard of it and put it on my PC as my screen saver. It was one of my Uncles' favorite , " I'll torture you by flying upside down the whole time" rides. Anywhos, about an hour later, I get a call that my uncle, who was in his 90's had just passed. That kinda creeped me out. So, what does that have to do with Cedar Point ? Well he lived at a place near Huron, on the beach that faced Cedar Point. Good Golly the views were fantastic. 2 years ago we went to CP, and he said he wouldn't go back again because he would never stand in those kind of lines again. So, can Cp or really, any other park for that matter, just give fast passes, or hell, even free passes, to our old timers , who love the parks, even drink lots of beer while there ( yeah he did) a little break ? Sorry for the story, but it's the passing of a family member of mine that was a park nut, that makes me a bit sad. good time stories, aah .

geauga.jpg.6de1230ec032e4ba62e6a2c6ad662446.jpg

Last year Platinum passes were on sale at a discount all off season, starting right after the next year rides announcement. The price held till May. The price was $189, they offer a monthly payment plan. Making Cedar Point shores platinum pass feature is adding value to entice people to upgrade, just like the 1 hr early entry, and needing platinum to got into other Cedar Fair Parks and parking included. It's value and upgrade marketing unlike Six Flags, which lets you get into any SF park with a regular pass, that can be as cheap as $50.

After seeing that new teaser video, I guess we can confirm another Thunderhawk will be joining the Cedar Fair family... Really though, I guess a name or theme alluding to thunder would make some sense because of the lightning aspect of the Mean Streak logo

https://twitter.com/cedarpoint There's another teaser.

Actually, I was thinking more of a horse theme, etc.. Somebody mentioned Stampede a while back. A group of horses or stampede can sound like thunder rolling in. With RMC Mean Streak being in Frontier Town one would expect a fitting name, ie... Stampede is in the realm of possibility. My personal thought was always Ghost Rider's. That kind of goes back to the Fall 2016 1st tease.

Ugh I don't even want to post this as it smells like complete bullsh*t to me and I am not in the business of perpetuating enthusiast lies, but there is a rumor going around in some of the FB coaster groups and I need to know if there is any shred of truth to it (which I'm pretty certain there isn't).

Apparently Maverick had two trains bump in the station recently and mgmt freaked out so they've slowed both launches? If this is true why would they slow the launches? Sounds like a block issue not a speed issue. Any locals or insiders have info? Anyone else seen this? Can anyone in the know (Hi, Tony!) confirm this is horsesh*t?

Ugh I don't even want to post this as it smells like complete bullsh*t to me and I am not in the business of perpetuating enthusiast lies, but there is a rumor going around in some of the FB coaster groups and I need to know if there is any shred of truth to it (which I'm pretty certain there isn't).

Apparently Maverick had two trains bump in the station recently and mgmt freaked out so they've slowed both launches? If this is true why would they slow the launches? Sounds like a block issue not a speed issue. Any locals or insiders have info? Anyone else seen this? Can anyone in the know (Hi, Tony!) confirm this is horsesh*t?

I am at the park now. Have ridden Maverick several times todayand the launches seem completely normal. Speedy as always. They are running five trains and a mechanic is working on another one to the side of the launch.

More importantly, does anybody happen to know why Dragster has been down since yesterday evening? No activity whatsoever on it today that we can see.

I am at the park now. Have ridden Maverick several times todayand the launches seem completely normal. Speedy as always. They are running five trains and a mechanic is working on another one to the side of the launch.

More importantly, does anybody happen to know why Dragster has been down since yesterday evening? No activity whatsoever on it today that we can see.

Dragster was down most of the day on the 4th according to my friend.

Dragster was down most of the day on the 4th according to my friend.

Bummer. When we arrived yesterday evening it was running and by the time we got settled in Breakers and walked in the park it was down for the night. Hasn't moved at all today :/ Maverick had its usual hiccups this morning and Valravn was down for quite a while around noon but is back up and running.

^ Maybe a number of them are travelers/first timers, like I was back in June, and this is their first time on it.

It's all about timing. More or less.

IMG_3794.JPG.0ad890646ceeb26cbbff6cca4e732923.JPG

It was okay, and once was enough. June 2/17.

Edited by Nrthwnd

^We have on bright red shirts, BF's has CP designs on it and mine has a white heartbeat with a rabbit on the front. We'll be here tomorrow too!

According to CoasterQueue, Corkscrew has a 40 minute wait. If that is accurate I am very confused why that many people are willing to spend nearly an hour of their day at Corkscrew.

That's correct. The park is crazy busy in certain areas and dead in others. With TTD down and other big rides having off and on issues, I think people are spreading out in unusual ways.