TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

The thing I'm surprised more enthusiasts haven't gone wild about was the fact that the video was 18 seconds long.

#2018newduelingmeanstreakconfirmed

I don't get why people can't speculate on this site without their ideas getting shot down so badly. No one has any idea what this ride will be like or what features it will have, yet there are people acting like they know what this ride will be. I also don't think this will be a dueling coaster, but we have no evidence proving that it won't be. I don't understand why people get so angry at those giving ideas as to what this features this new ride may have when the only information that we have of this ride's layout and features are minimal photos of uncompleted elements. This is going to be a very long teaser campaign leading up to the announcement if every teaser turns into argument.

*end rant*

I don't get why people can't speculate on this site without their ideas getting shot down so badly.

There's a HUGE difference between "speculating" and being so stupid that it makes your brain hurt. Having said that, no one is forcing you to be here. Last I checked no one was holding a gun to your head forcing you to read our forums or to be bitchy about them if you didn't happen to like something you saw...

Or wait...

Crap...

Maybe someone *IS* holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read our forums?!?!?

Ok, listen...

Stay calm...

Next time you can get to a keyboard without the gunman seeing...

TELL US WHERE YOU'RE AT!!!

We'll send for help!!!!

The last thing we want is for someone to have to endure TPR if they don't want to or don't like what they read. We'll free you of this burden!

DOWN WITH THE GUNMAN!!!!!!

If the whole... "They're coming." thing means ANYTHING... I think it is just Cedar Point's way of saying there are more teasers coming...

"They're coming..." as in there are more teasers coming. . . Sure, "they're" and "there" isn't the same thing, but that's about all I think we can take away from this video. . .

... Now that's a stretch

If the whole... "They're coming." thing means ANYTHING... I think it is just Cedar Point's way of saying there are more teasers coming...

"They're coming..." as in there are more teasers coming. . . Sure, "they're" and "there" isn't the same thing, but that's about all I think we can take away from this video. . .

... Now that's a stretch

So Cedar Point is teasing teasers? That's almost as bad as when they had an announcement of an announcement!

I don't get why people can't speculate on this site without their ideas getting shot down so badly.

There's a HUGE difference between "speculating" and being so stupid that it makes your brain hurt. Having said that, no one is forcing you to be here. Last I checked no one was holding a gun to your head forcing you to read our forums or to be bitchy about them if you didn't happen to like something you saw...

Or wait...

Crap...

Maybe someone *IS* holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read our forums?!?!?

Ok, listen...

Stay calm...

Next time you can get to a keyboard without the gunman seeing...

TELL US WHERE YOU'RE AT!!!

We'll send for help!!!!

The last thing we want is for someone to have to endure TPR if they don't want to or don't like what they read. We'll free you of this burden!

DOWN WITH THE GUNMAN!!!!!!

And post of the day goes to...

... Now that's a stretch

So Cedar Point is teasing teasers? That's almost as bad as when they had an announcement of an announcement!

This is Tony on April Fool's Day so I don't suspect too much fine print. But at least now we have some official RMC Streak photos to drool over. All aboard the hype train!

32280924ab18972bd335c22fe7cd7b899f510a82.jpg.gif.b45a95f5adf1f3793df1984d798b1cbf.gif

Toot Toot!

[...] No one has any idea what this ride will be like or what features it will have, yet there are people acting like they know what this ride will be. [...]

I learned the hard way about 15 years ago not to talk about what was coming even if I knew what was coming. I'm sure that the people who know aren't going to tell you they know. In fact, those people enjoy speculation more than anyone else.

Can someone explain to me what the April Fools angle on this is? Not much information is given and we already know RMC mean streak is coming some time probably in the next two years, so what out of this video is a joke/misleading?

Wouldnt they have to make the structure twice as wide to be able to support a dueling coaster and add a lot of extra structure to support the load? I feel making a regular coaster into a dueling coaster would be more work and money then it would be worth.

Most of the structure is 2-wide or even 3 (partially inside the structure), but at different levels so the dueling idea does make some sense. But it all has to be one coaster to be the greatest and I would hope there won't be a second, pacing-killing lift hill. Perhaps interaction between trains where they just happen to come together (e.g. Olympia Looping vs. Twisted Colossus).

I heard a name on TV last night .. Bad Hombres

Can someone explain to me what the April Fools angle on this is? Not much information is given and we already know RMC mean streak is coming some time probably in the next two years, so what out of this video is a joke/misleading?

Deleted

Edited by liamre4
And Robb has a VERY strong opinion on this!

Oh, my opinion means nothing because I personally don't care. I have actually heard that this will be a dueling coaster and we should start to see the 2nd lift hill go up any day now. Why do you think they are being so secretive about it?

Then again, I could just be messing with you all.

Or am I?

I thought the endless speculatory conspiracy theory talk on Twitter/Facebook was bad enough, but god help us all if it carries over to every aspect of modern life.

#FAKENEWS

[...] No one has any idea what this ride will be like or what features it will have, yet there are people acting like they know what this ride will be. [...]

I learned the hard way about 15 years ago not to talk about what was coming even if I knew what was coming. I'm sure that the people who know aren't going to tell you they know. In fact, those people enjoy speculation more than anyone else.

Man, I wish I was one of those people because I would be having the time of my life right now!

We have... 6 pages and counting of arguing and discussion over two words. Two words. And since they released this on April Fools there's the fact that we don't even know if those two words even matter, so this arguing is more than likely useless and they're in their offices laughing their a$$es off as all good pranksters should do on April Fools Day.

I thought the endless speculatory conspiracy theory talk on Twitter/Facebook was bad enough, but god help us all if it carries over to every aspect of modern life.

#FAKENEWS

or.... #alternativefacts??

It's mostly the fact that the extraneous structure across from the outerbanked hill looks like it would support something very similar to this. And the structure that follows that element is for two parallel low airtime hills. You could imagine there's just going to be a turnaround and it's going to go through those sections the other way, but you'd usually see diminishing heights in elements in that case, and I don't imagine the outerbank is going to be taken extremely fast in the first place. There's also more odd structure and wide beams across what's built so far. There's some bizzareness to the structure as it stands, and dueling elements explains it pretty well.

Can someone explain to me what the April Fools angle on this is? Not much information is given and we already know RMC mean streak is coming some time probably in the next two years' date=' so what out of this video is a joke/misleading?[/quote']

We have... 6 pages and counting of arguing and discussion over two words. Two words. And since they released this on April Fools there's the fact that we don't even know if those two words even matter, so this arguing is more than likely useless and they're in their offices laughing their a$$es off as all good pranksters should do on April Fools Day.

Screenshot1.jpg.9a8f4f3d0dc5d44d408bd41e308608fa.jpg

This sums it up really well. Cedar Point's marketing team really didn't have much work to do for the RMC Mean Streak, they just put one video out and the ride has been promoting itself (and has been since Sep 18.)

On a side note, Jason McClure posted some park pictures on Twitter.

de7a0a9c9c6912ef36a0ab6fa5d9d4df.jpg4137cdd1c2cf67829579d27522476383.jpgf1f8e94d44b4f39c0c0afa7895d412fb.jpg4ee86f31d482b32abcfd2dd7f0f35f77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by liamre4