TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Just to (redundantly) chime in on a couple of recent comments about MF: While I wasn't especially enamored with the ride either (although I'd say that I still liked it very much) I was just glad to be able to finally see it in person and ride it more than anything. Whereas such iconic coasters tend to blow ride expectations through the roof, I found my heightened expectations somewhat attenuated by the overall thrill of having finally made it to Cedar Point. I had a similar experience with The Beast in that if it didn't have the legacy, I wouldn't have appreciated it nearly as much. But to me, The Beast sits outside of my own personal evaluation scale — it exists in some sacred category beyond ordinary ranking. I think MF is bordering on that as well.

Im a little late on this as this conversation was literally yesterdays news but I forgot to mention as much as i love MForce and as of now its my all time favorite coaster,I must admit if I did try I305 or/and Fury325 either one of those would probably take my number one spot. MForce was the only giga I been on,but with that one alone i have to say it was absolutely awesome! However,as I said just before if and when I go on the other two I mentioned they mostly likely will take MForce's spot. Still I'm sure Mforce will still be up there though. Fury325 looks super tall and I305 looks like a Mforce sized Maverick! So both look like they will be a lot of fun! I live in Chicago and so KD would probably be closer to me so I'd probably pick I305 first.

Yes, definitely. And there are more clues.

- The recycle bins are green, so we know that the track will be painted green.

- The recycle sign is in the shape of a triangle, so the track also will be triangular.

- The recycle bins are upside down, and there are two of them, so New Mean Streak will have 2 inversions.

- The lids are off the recycle bins. Lids means hats, so you won't be allowed to wear hats on the ride.

- The recycle sign has arrows. Kennywood has an arrow. What's at Kennywood? Sky Rocket. There are two recycle bins. Sky Rocket II confirmed for CP.

- The recycle sign is in the shape of a triangle, so the track also will be triangular.

- The recycle bins are upside down, and there are two of them, so New Mean Streak will have 2 inversions.

- The lids are off the recycle bins. Lids means hats, so you won't be allowed to wear hats on the ride.

- The recycle sign has arrows. Kennywood has an arrow. What's at Kennywood? Sky Rocket. There are two recycle bins. Sky Rocket II confirmed for CP.

You totally missed what I meant and went on a tangent instead. Ah well

Alright, guys, I know I'm not supposed to do this, and I'm probably going to get banned for this, bit I know why they're being so secretive and protective about the RMC of Mean Streak. Behold - the secret plans! This coaster has a fatal flaw. There is a thermal exhaust port and if you hit it right there THE WHOLE COASTER GOES DOWN! Take this and do what you will with it!

Screenshot_2017-02-09-21-50-00-1.png.bdfdeeac2a5f708016751e3814e5d4e2.png

Alright, guys, I know I'm not supposed to do this, and I'm probably going to get banned for this, bit I know why they're being so secretive and protective about the RMC of Mean Streak. Behold - the secret plans! This coaster has a fatal flaw. There is a thermal exhaust port and if you hit it right there THE WHOLE COASTER GOES DOWN! Take this and do what you will with it!

I love this!