TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

I think 3 inversions on a Iron Horse RMC is a good amount. Maybe 4 if we have a secondary launch The dive-loop on Goliath is excellent! 2 lifts would be interesting too; not parallel like Twisted Colossus of course. I just hope they really do something "out of the box" for this design. Cedar Point has plenty of super-conservative designs.

This won't be conservative however it shows up. I also think three or four inversions would be just right; but I have no say in the outcome.

Thats good to know....we dont want to trigger too many people with all those conservative roller coasters....

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

So basically there were about as many rides open as there would be in peak season with 15 mph winds.

Posted Images

I almost hate to even bring this up, but according to one facebook group has reported RMC saying at IAAPA "there's no RMC projects opening in 2017."

As always, take with a grain of salt.

I'm still not convinced

I think 3 inversions on a Iron Horse RMC is a good amount. Maybe 4 if we have a secondary launch The dive-loop on Goliath is excellent! 2 lifts would be interesting too; not parallel like Twisted Colossus of course. I just hope they really do something "out of the box" for this design. Cedar Point has plenty of super-conservative designs.

They need to build a wall around Maverick.

With this being a RMC, this will undoubtedly be an unorthodox layout. It will be interesting to see what type of records this coaster may claim (if any), considering it is a steel coaster. It will be hard to beat the current tallest, fastest, longest, most inversions, etc.

Or maybe they'll just go for "hybrid" records.

This won't be conservative however it shows up. I also think three or four inversions would be just right; but I have no say in the outcome.

Thats good to know....we dont want to trigger too many people with all those conservative roller coasters....

I wasn't bringing politics into this. My post was not sarcastic.

I wasn't bringing politics into this. My post was not sarcastic.

Yea i know i was making a joke.....lol

Wow! Things are a little chippy and tense in here! This is why I tend to make myself more scarce in the off-season! Going over and over the speculative stuff just winds up driving everybody nuts, and besides, I need at least a part of my year to act like a normal human being not completely consumed by roller coasters!

Don't get me wrong though, I am still VERY stoked for RMC Streak, and I'm still on Team 2018 - complete with Frontier Town expansion and overhaul of the area around MS, which is why it's debuting later than the timetable may look at the moment!

I was disappointed to see the bunny hops at the beginning of the coaster (I don't think they're really needed), but I'm much more disappointed by the fact that the lift will be the same low angle it was before rather than making it 45 degrees or so as many people had theorized. What are your thoughts and first impressions of the conversion so far?

+1. I was hoping for an inverted lift hill.

Steeper lift hill could also indicate a pre-drop section like Outlaw Run, or a double-up a la NTAG

I'm a fan of the pre drop and have a hard time picking Raging Bull or Goliath for better first drop..

Wow! Things are a little chippy and tense in here! This is why I tend to make myself more scarce in the off-season! Going over and over the speculative stuff just winds up driving everybody nuts, and besides, I need at least a part of my year to act like a normal human being not completely consumed by roller coasters!

Don't get me wrong though, I am still VERY stoked for RMC Streak, and I'm still on Team 2018 - complete with Frontier Town expansion and overhaul of the area around MS, which is why it's debuting later than the timetable may look at the moment!

But.....but....the "two scoops of crazy" during the off season is a constant and lovely form of entertainment!!

Something I just thought of:

Do you think cp would get something along the lines of the Disney magic band for their resorts in the near future? Seems to be a little popular at iaapa this year. Room key, park ticket, possibly fast lane, and maybe money all on it?

Something I just thought of:

Do you think cp would get something along the lines of the Disney magic band for their resorts in the near future? Seems to be a little popular at iaapa this year. Room key, park ticket, possibly fast lane, and maybe money all on it?

Regional parks might, but they'll use cell phone applications. I honestly think the bands are a stupid waste of money for most of these companies.

I know it's not a popular opinion around here to hate on Disney but If I had to choose between the skip the line programs at Disney, Universal, Six Flags and Cedar Fair I'd take Cedar Fair in a heartbeat. It takes 2 seconds to get the wristband, it can be sold at any retail location so there are no lines to get it, it requires less staffing for the park than any of the other systems do, there's no setup, no reservation to keep track of, no instructions to follow, no bullsh*t. It's a paper wristband, it works great. Don't mess with it.

When we were at Disney trying to link them to people in the group who weren't staying on property and had hard tickets it was annoying as hell. We had to keep scanning bar codes and keep trying to match up reservation times which never ended up working... I can't complain because it was free and once it was set up it was great but it's annoying and I found myself wishing I could throw money at them and have it work like Cedar Fair's system works.

Also, watching Cedar Point work through a huge early entry line that's hundreds of people deep at the resort gate is something to marvel at. They have an incredibly efficient system already.

^Hey, I don't hate Disney! Any more, anyway. Age does funny things.

I'm with you on the Cedar Fair wristband system... what a simple way to go. Opposite of Six Flags; why would anyone want to carry around a beeper all day?

Magic bands are great when they work. I would not mind having my pass on a band. I thought if you have a platinum pass you can book one ride per day your in the park. That's how i figured it could work. If you stay at like Breakers you could get like 2 or 3 rides per day of stay. then still sell Fast pass in the park. With that Disney they number of Attractions is much much higher. So to make it work is much Easier.

I know it's not a popular opinion around here to hate on Disney but If I had to choose between the skip the line programs at Disney, Universal, Six Flags and Cedar Fair I'd take Cedar Fair in a heartbeat. It takes 2 seconds to get the wristband, it can be sold at any retail location so there are no lines to get it, it requires less staffing for the park than any of the other systems do, there's no setup, no reservation to keep track of, no instructions to follow, no bullsh*t. It's a paper wristband, it works great. Don't mess with it.

I'll improve it in two steps:

1) You buy it online via the park app

2) You have them scan the app at the Fast Lane entry/merge poine

Then you don't even have to go somewhere to buy it, and you don't need to tear it off at the end of the night.

Not everyone caries their phone to each ride in the park. I most of the time leave my phone in the car. At the very least if both my wife and I are there without the kids one of us leaves the phone behind and only carry the other for the babysitter to get a hold of us.

I like where you're going with this, but generally unless I conserve battery my phone is near death near the end of the day at a theme park. At Cedar Point if you go in the summer and stay all day you could easily be there from 9 AM to well after midnight so then you really need to have charging stations like Hershey does. Plus (even more importantly) you can't really do that since Cedar Fair likes to encourage people to put their phones in lockers, sometimes even scaring them with boxes full of broken phones that fell from the ride.

hqdefault.jpg

You can't then tell people to bring their phone on Millennium Force for example, a no loose article ride with 2 loading stations so they couldn't store phones even if they wanted to.

That's cool for y'all that don't bring a phone in, but I do, and almost everyone I know does, even people over 60. Six Flags has so much integration, my Gold Pass is on my cell phone. I don't even need the card now. Setting up times and all that is nice until people end up being delayed or run late, at which point everyone ends up hating each other. I'll happily live in the 21st century, thank you very much.

As for the loose article box 'o doom, it isn't like it is a logistical nightmare to figure out how to deal with cell phones. Right now, the Six Flags queue management system involves a Tamagotchi on a carabiner. I'm sure an alternative can be figured out like, I dunno, bins specific for those using queue jump systems or whatever. As is, all these places want me to use my phone anyways - Cedar Fair just signed a licensing deal to ensure I get ads while using their WiFi. Disney practically demands use of a phone if you want to get the most out of a MagicBand. Outside of theme parks, I can use my phone to get into a hotel room without ever going to the front desk, filled with all sorts of expensive stuff I could theoretically steal. Why have the band? Why not just use the damn phone?

so instead of thinking about it in a negative way like us not keeping up with times you could think of it as it is just much easier in our minds to wear that piece of paper around our arm then to worry about the phone all day. Parks are my break away from things and funny enough my job is to take care of my companies cell phones. I would rather put it away for the day and just enjoy my time and not make sure I have shorts with a zipper lol.