TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

Posted Images

Yeah it's just not that popular, we keep track of dispatches & ridership so we know the full efficiency and Rougarou was way up in dispatches this season (less down time) but the crew told me on a normal 10pm, 11pm, or 12am closing by 5-6pm the were sending trains out with 4-8 riders per train.

Wow I would have never called this. Doesn't Maverick usually do one million riders a year as well?

Now that I think about it yes, Maverick usually does have one million riders each season, I don't have the final number for Maverick, I'll have to get back at a later time on that one. However I do know that Maverick was re-programmed early in the season this year which reduced it's already low (for CP) capacity, and it had lots of downtime. We joke around at CP that Dragster steals the show for most downtime but Maverick is down a lot too.

Yeah it's just not that popular, we keep track of dispatches & ridership so we know the full efficiency and Rougarou was way up in dispatches this season (less down time) but the crew told me on a normal 10pm, 11pm, or 12am closing by 5-6pm the were sending trains out with 4-8 riders per train.

Wow I would have never called this. Doesn't Maverick usually do one million riders a year as well?

Now that I think about it yes, Maverick usually does have one million riders each season, I don't have the final number for Maverick, I'll have to get back at a later time on that one. However I do know that Maverick was re-programmed early in the season this year which reduced it's already low (for CP) capacity, and it had lots of downtime. We joke around at CP that Dragster steals the show for most downtime but Maverick is down a lot too.

What's the daily average ridership for Dragster? (assuming all available trains are running, etc)?

^ Posted four pages ago.

Sir, you're not a true coaster enthusiast if you can't appreciate redundancy.

On that note, what do you guys think this thing will be named and when do you think it will open?

Hey! To all you CP fans out there i am curious how would you rank the coasters? Here is mine starting at one being the best:

1.M-force

2.TTD(honestly its toss up btw the first two)

3.Maverick(awesome smaller coaster that packs a punch!)

4.Valravn(while the inversions are kind of tame the hanging and straight down drops are really awesome)

5.Magnum(its kind of rough but the air time was awesome. also for some reason the bottom half of the first drop was on the slower side)

6.Raptor(thought this ride would be on the tame side but it caught be by surprise!)

7.Gatekeeper(i know wing coasters get a lot of hate but this one wasnt to bad i actually enjoyed it)

8.Gemini

9.Rougarou(fun coaster but was rough on my head)

10.Wicked Twister(while the launch is a lot of fun the drops dont seem as intense as must other coasters still its a fun coaster)

11.blue streak(small woodie but packed a punch!)

12.Cork screw

13.Iron Dragon(its 10 times more fun when using the VR)

14.Cedar Creek Mine Train(im honestly not a fan of mine train coasters they are kind of boring and to tame to me however this one wasnt to bad and the mini drop was fun)

15.Mean Streak(i dont remember the trims on the first drop so it was fun however the rest was way to rough! and honestly dont remember to much more about it now that i think about it)

The other three coasters i didnt go on as i dont ride kiddie coasters and the didnt think Pipe Scream would be worth the wait. At first it looked fun and i was like yea lets go on that but honesty i had second thought and was like meh....its pretty much just a skate board shaped Disk'o with an extra hump. While Disk'os can be fun in their own way they arnt to thrilling and kind of on the tamer side of "thrill" rides. Also keep in mind none of the coasters i listed i hated i just like some more then others of course. Although again i dont remember much about Mean Streak other then being rough after the first drop.

Where's Sky Ride?

Was that to me? If so the sky ride isnt a coaster...so there for i didnt include it.

Skyride or get out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So you guys would probably be very disapponted that I spent three days at CP in June and didn't ride Sky Ride?

Where's Sky Ride?

Was that to me? If so the sky ride isnt a coaster...so there for i didnt include it.

Skyride or get out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So you guys would probably be very disapponted that I spent three days at CP in June and didn't ride Sky Ride?

Run. Run fast. Run away from this thread and back to CP right now and camp out at the entrance for five months.

aww i wanted to see others rank the CP coasters:P lol

Seems lately this thread keeps inadvertently focusing back on skyrides. I like it. And I know I'm not the only one.

I'll make a top ten list for the park.

1.) Maverick

2.) Millennium Force

3.) Top Thrill Dragster

4.) Valravn

5.) GateKeeper

6.) Raptor

7.) Magnum

8.) Rougaru

9.) Wicked Twister

10.) Gemini

aww i wanted to see others rank the CP coasters:P lol

Seems lately this thread keeps inadvertently focusing back on skyrides. I like it. And I know I'm not the only one.

Kinda like Floaty McFloatface last year

the Sky Ride is nice and enjoyable. However its fits in the leisure ride category oppose to thrill ride. Its like the train or the ferris wheel. They are good for when you want your stomach to settle after all the thrill rides,good for if you want a break from walking and standing in line but just dont want to sit on a bench doing nothing,good for seeing the park and planning out you day,and good for photo ops too. but since people want me in to include it lol, ill now rank flat rides/non coasters like i did with the coasters. I didnt go on the upcharge rides although we wanted to but we didnt want to fork out the extra money and also really didnt have time. However if i did go on those im sure they would be on the top of my list. Anyways here the list of the flat rides i went on.

1.Power Tower(love drop towers! my favorite type of flat ride)

2.Sky Hawk(make the classic swinging ship ride look like a kiddie ride)

3.Snake River Falls(fun ride and sure didnt skimp on the splashing was a nice cool off)

4.MaxAir(giant version of swinging Frisbee ride! lots of fun but made me feel sickish towards the end:()

5.Cedar Downs Derby Race(a merry-go-round that actually goes fast how cool is that?)

6.Sky Ride(relaxing but interesting knowing you are only hanging by a cable also i seen a building on top of a building when on it.lol)

7.Ferris Wheel(nice views)

8.Train(cute and relaxing)

As for the other flats either we didnt have time. Also towards the end of the trip i didnt feel to well so i didnt think the typical carnival-esque spinny rides would be good on my stomach. or we just wanted to go on the more thrilling rides. However i did want to try Witch's Wheel as it looked a lot of fun but by then again i wasnt feeling to well :/(came down with a stomach flu by the end of the 4 day trip) Also didnt get to go on Windseeker as it was down the whole time i was there.

Wow...that is an incredibly steep lift. Nice.

yea, inb4 the resident armchair engineers argue in circles about it for the next 8 weeks

But we're due for another conversation about "tensile strength."

As for my list of top CP attractions:

Millennium Force

Maverick

Beer Man

Everything else

Wow...that is an incredibly steep lift. Nice.

yea, inb4 the resident armchair engineers argue in circles about it for the next 8 weeks

But we're due for another conversation about "tensile strength."

As for my list of top CP attractions:

Millennium Force

Maverick

Beer Man

Everything else

everything else?? As in you just dont like the other coasters? Or they are equal to you? I personally thought TTD and Magnum were awesome too.O.O