TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

Posted Images

We leave this thread alone for 5 god damn minutes and you're talking about politics? I'm starting to think my sarcastic idea would actually be an improvement upon whatever this thread would turn into otherwise, so anyway...

#ThrowbackThursday to when Sky Ride had the old 2 passenger cabins, a ticket booth and apparently a totem pole.

Cedar-Point-PC-1965.jpg

Oh and they had a wooden wild mouse called "Scamper"? Who knew. I wonder why it was such a short lived attraction.

So Knott's just did their 2017 announcement. I'm curious if CP might be coming up soon.

CP actually announced a new slide complex for Soak City earlier in the year, and they're renaming the park to Cedar Shores

SFGAm should force CP to rename Mean Streak "Leak Streak" and theme it to Hillary Clinton

Finally! I get to use another awesome quote!

Bring politics or some stupid crap like this on our forums again and you will be banned faster than you can fall off a log flume.
SFGAm should force CP to rename Mean Streak "Leak Streak" and theme it to Hillary Clinton

Finally! I get to use another awesome quote!

Bring politics or some stupid crap like this on our forums again and you will be banned faster than you can fall off a log flume.

god this thread gives me ass cancer

I see the enthusiast side of some people is slowly being replaced with the sports fan side. This should be quite a ride.

I see what you did there.

With all this sports talk, and all this sky ride talk. . . I can't help but to think. . . Has anyone seen the boat lately??

Last I heard, one of the paddle wheel boats (commissioned in 1967) Was bought and was to be put in use as a water taxi like boat on the Maumee river in downtown Toledo Ohio. Ok, I know that's not the boat you were thinking of. Here's a link to the article. http://www.sanduskyregister.com/News/2010/07/29/New-job-for-former-Point-paddlewheel-boat 1894800194_cppaddlewheelboat.thumb.jpg.ddeb6e6a00869daaeaadc11085e766a2.jpg Also, does anyone remember when CP had a monorail ? The very first of it's kind as it was advertised. It was relocated from another park in ohio that closed. So technically, their monorail was built before Disneyland's. Cedar_Point_Monorail_ride.jpg.dd72d0fd9105c5b901a7f6a8ceec9b32.jpg

Absolutely priceless...

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

PS: "I've always thought that "Go Cubs Go" is catchy as hell. I'm no Cubs fan but anyone who says othwerwise is lying. Plus, as baseball songs go it could be