TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Damnit

It's a weekend in the middle of the god damn summer with perfect weather predicted and you're disappointed at this breaking development that we think Cedar Point will be busy? What did you expect?

Next thing we know people will think the other seats are smoother on Mean Streak.

Get Fast Lane Plus and you should be fine.

Screw that, those are for peasants. Gold VIP Tour is the only way to fly in style. They are only $450 per person per day.

Shhhhhh, don't say "VIP Tour" . . . You'll awaken them.

I really don't understand :/

Apparently I am the only person on here that does VIP Tours at theme parks. When I posted about my first tour, and suggested others take VIP Tours a bunch of people got butt hurt because apparently "not everyone can afford a VIP Tour." So now I just refrain from talking about them.

Sent from my cellular wireless device.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Screw that, those are for peasants. Gold VIP Tour is the only way to fly in style. They are only $450 per person per day.

The irony in this is real strong for those that have followed this thread for awhile

dead.gif.120969d00f670caa9bc6af2150186ab3.gif

Ohh, well I understand now. Do you ever use Fast Lane/Flash Pass?

Me? Yes. At every park we visit we always buy their line skip option. However, Cedar Point is the one of the parks where we go a little further and buy the previously mentioned VIP Tour.

On my first Cedar Point visit (what an amazing place!!!) and I thought it'd be worth sharing this ironic photo I took of a mantis I found in the queue for Rougarou

This is literally the best (and most worthwhile) post since the announcement of Mean Streak's closure came out!

Wait on crowds to see how lines are the first hour you're there because three days is absolutely enough unless it's the busiest day of the year, which it won't be. You could have a day like I had here where Fast Lane is useless with less than perfect weather.

Edit: Can't get it linked from my phone but check out my Cedar Point report from the Thursday where Miellennium Force was almost a walk on. My point is to wait and see, three days is plenty.

Edited by Password121

Shhhhhh, don't say "VIP Tour" . . . You'll awaken them.

I really don't understand :/

Apparently I am the only person on here that does VIP Tours at theme parks. When I posted about my first tour, and suggested others take VIP Tours a bunch of people got butt hurt because apparently "not everyone can afford a VIP Tour." So now I just refrain from talking about them.

Sent from my cellular wireless device.

I hate people If you like them, DO THEM! Who cares what they think about it. I really don't get some people. Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean other people aren't allowed. I'd LOVE to see you take a tour and then post some pics.

Edited by tykunkel1031

That makes sense because of how much there is to do. However, I am going in late September for three days (September 23-25) and I don't think my family needs/can afford a VIP tour. Cedar Point will be open a total of 34 hours the Fri, Sat, and Sun when we go. Is that enough time to ride everything? We are planning on getting FL+ on Saturday or Sunday.

One more question, does anyone have experience with FunPix and is it a good investment for a once-in-a-childhood trip?

You should have plenty of time to do everything with FL+!! We had FunPix at both Kings Island and Cedar Point this weekend and it was well worth it. However, only buy one for your entire party. You don't need one for each person.

I have people If you like them, DO THEM! Who cares what they think about it. I really don't get some people. Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean other people aren't allowed. I'd LOVE to see you take a tour and then post some pics.

I have photos from our visit this weekend that I'll be uploading this week!

One more question, does anyone have experience with FunPix and is it a good investment for a once-in-a-childhood trip?

That I have some insight on. I bought funpix season passes at both KI & CP this year ($80 total) and had never bought a on ride photo in the past.

The digital photo you receive is only 300dpi so great for online sharing but not great for printing, but it does allow you to order the better quality prints you want from your account later. Buying a print right in the park is a hassle, have fun protecting it unless you buy a $20 locker for it.

With the pass you can add unlimited photos to it, so if your family sticks together you only need one. Technically you could creep out and add some random hot chick that was on your train.

The on ride photos come with the overlay, which I personally do not like, but there is no option skip it.

If you buy it, set up the account on your phone and then check it a half hour later or so and make sure everthing is working correctly. I had problems with mine and had to get a supervisor to pound keys for 10 minutes to get it working.

The CP and KI apps require GPS to run constantly on IOS and it will kill your battery fast. Use it but make sure your force quit it and disable location services right after. No experience with Android version. Ride times and listed closures are rarely accurate.

I have never bought a fast lane or VIP tour but if i only could go once I would if I could afford it. (I can't)

Technically you could creep out and add some random hot chick that was on your train.

hahaha...couple years ago on my trip to CP and KI, i'd buy the day photo pass that was available. rides where they showed more than the two of us, i'd often ask the other people if they wanted the pic and i'd send it to them through email. i actually just realized last week i had one with chuck during banshee bash.

i hope they make the fun pix company wide next year. i'm a fan of on ride pics, just not paying an outrageous amount and the deals cedar fair and six flags are doing now are great.