TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm pretty sure enthusiasts say every park is out of room............ Except Kings Island

Yeah, but it's gettin' there!

If you all get that rumored giga. Forget anything else till you remove a ride or two.

Worlds of Fun's problem is that got too much room tbh.

I'm pretty sure enthusiasts say every park is out of room............ Except Kings Island

Yeah, but it's gettin' there!

If you all get that rumored giga. Forget anything else till you remove a ride or two.

Worlds of Fun's problem is that got too much room tbh.

Must be a Missouri thing... (SFSTL)

Hell the $500 i wont pay that but I'll gladly pay the $75! I can't believe its only $75 for general admin. Yeah its basically like a media day type event with only one ride but last year for Rougarou the general was around $115 I believe so the $75 is a steal and I will be grabbing those tickets as soon as I can.

I don't think I'll ever be one of those people who cares enough to claim the first or last ride on anything but I would love to see the park try a raffle style for front seats on a new coaster one time so people who are genuine fans of the park with all sorts of income could enter: $1 enters your name once, $500 500 times etc. winners get admission included, just because 1) I bet there are genuinely people who would want to at least try and get that first ride in their home park and more importantly 2) wouldn't that style probably raise more money?

I don't think I'll ever be one of those people who cares enough to claim the first or last ride on anything but I would love to see the park try a raffle style for front seats on a new coaster one time so people who are genuine fans of the park with all sorts of income could enter: $1 enters your name once, $500 500 times etc. winners get admission included, just because 1) I bet there are genuinely people who would want to at least try and get that first ride in their home park and more importantly 2) wouldn't that style probably raise more money?

I was on board for a minute but here's the fatal flaw.

Nobody except for a few enthusiasts wants to go to an amusement park by themselves. Many people would probably buy 2 seats or more so they could go with their significant other / friend / kids... whatever.

In this system it's highly unlikely that everyone in the group would win. So let's say now the kid wins and not the dad so the kid can't get to the park, or one friend wins but now it's not as much fun because they have to go alone.

I like the idea of your system, it's noble... but the current system is probably less of a headache for the park and for the people who register.