TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Anytime the word "contract" is said in this thread, take a drink.

Good thing there's a liquor bottle in my desk drawer (and a hospital down the street). I'm ready!

And I'm not saying they always have a multi ride contract in place, just that they may contract a specific contractor to make more than one ride. It may be easier to get things done quickly if you have that in place.

Alright, off to an aggressive start.

I take my drinking games seriously.

I interrupt your regularly scheduled arguing about contracts, *takes drink* to bring you this Valravn construction update. Another piece of track and another support. Wouldn't surprise me if they put another piece of track or two in by the end of the day.

*takes drink for everyone that complains about the photo update*

I interrupt your regularly scheduled arguing about contracts, *takes drink* to bring you this Valravn construction update. Another piece of track and another support. Wouldn't surprise me if they put another piece of track or two in by the end of the day.

*takes drink for everyone that complains about the photo update*

In terms of drinking games, who'd get more drunk? A person who was drinking for every "Boat" mention or "contract" mention? Though at the end, we'd all look like this:

Actually how about we just take a drink everytime someone posts anything on this forum. We could all turn into dumb acers!

Some quick thoughts on the Raptor issue: This is an example where our sue-happy society actually makes us LESS safe. Cedar Point should put signs on the fence that say something along the lines of DANGER: HIGH SPEED TRAINS with a picture of the clearance between the ground and the train so at least if someone does hop the fence, they know to look around before crossing under the track. Current signage says it's a restricted area but doesn't explicitly state the danger (like a "warning: high voltage" sign does). I'm not saying this should be necessary, but it might help and would cost virtually nothing to implement. The only reason CP isn't doing this is because it would be an admition of liability and open them up to getting sued. Which is really dumb.

"Omg, look at this Larson Looper I'm gonna get!"

"Why would you get that? Aren't they everywhere?"

"But it is SO cheap and is a thrilling ride! Everyone talks about thrill rides these days."

"Maybe I should get one too?!"

"I'm already asking daddy if I can get one."

"At least it's something for the season."

"I already ordered one online!"

"We are going to be the best parks at the Golden Tickets this year!"

Just to clarify, 'daddy' is corporate office.

Do you hear yourself when you talk?

Some quick thoughts on the Raptor issue: This is an example where our sue-happy society actually makes us LESS safe. Cedar Point should put signs on the fence that say something along the lines of DANGER: HIGH SPEED TRAINS with a picture of the clearance between the ground and the train so at least if someone does hop the fence, they know to look around before crossing under the track. Current signage says it's a restricted area but doesn't explicitly state the danger (like a "warning: high voltage" sign does). I'm not saying this should be necessary, but it might help and would cost virtually nothing to implement. The only reason CP isn't doing this is because it would be an admition of liability and open them up to getting sued. Which is really dumb.

Those warning signs don't always work out...

11026060_10206366542187153_5511177523471536323_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=04f22c24416c002e395e42e07fd41f45&oe=57675412

"But it is SO cheap and is a thrilling ride! Everyone talks about thrill rides these days."

You missed the joke...

You missed the joke...

Yeah... No I didn't

Unknown.jpeg.b2100746a83bbb238f1d233f0b2d9fa5.jpeg

Instead of any alterations, lets make it mandatory for an IQ test be taken prior to enterinf the park. Low scores cannot enter.

That problem, line jumpers, etc. eliminated. Keep the idiots out. Reasonable solution as no relatively smart should ever enter restricted areas. No one sits in the middle of the highway thinking it's okay or a reasonable idea...

Instead of any alterations, lets make it mandatory for an IQ test be taken prior to enterinf the park. Low scores cannot enter.

That problem, line jumpers, etc. eliminated. Keep the idiots out. Reasonable solution as no relatively smart should ever enter restricted areas. No one sits in the middle of the highway thinking it's okay or a reasonable idea...

Sad thing is, if they did this they would be losing about 75% of their business... just sayin

SFMM would be nearly empty!

SFMM would be nearly empty!

More YOLO/TC time for the rest of us.