TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

So basically there were about as many rides open as there would be in peak season with 15 mph winds.

Posted Images

I love how much steeper the exit of this immelman is than the other 2 US dive coasters.

Me too. It looks better and hopefully will provide more weightlessness or something like that

I actually enjoy the B&M dive coasters, so I'm looking forward to riding this during the spring/summer. I think it's a terrific addition to the park and really gives the park an even more solid coaster collection.

Here is a current animation of the construction progress so far:

This is super cool. Thanks for posting it, are you planning on keeping up with it?

^ Yep, I've been updating daily with the progress screenshots since around early November. Since I have them all saved its pretty easy to put together the animation. Ill make sure to post new gifs when good progress has been made since the last.

Here is a current animation of the construction progress so far:

This is super cool. Thanks for posting it, are you planning on keeping up with it?

Your gif is pretty cool. I've never seen that done for a roller coaster before. I think that it was a very wise market strategy to let the coaster boys watch the ride go up. I was luke warm on the ride but watching it go up is really hyping me up.

I wonder if Cedar Point will install those nets under the track that passes over pathways?

Tough to say. Silver Bullet at Knott's travels directly over pathways at several points and there are no nets after 11 years of operation. It's definitely possible, especially after the Raptor incident (if that would have any effect on their decision).

Thanks to all who are posting the construction updates, especially that gif. I'm really liking the colors...very unique for a coaster.

I wonder if Cedar Point will install those nets under the track that passes over pathways?

I think that'd be quite likely the case.

I wouldn't be so quick to think that. Carowinds installed NO nets whatsoever with Fury 325 as well as there are none on Banshee. It seems cedar fair's lawyers and insurance company may have come to a conclusion that such things aren't really that necessary.

I hope so! It would certainly look nicer.

And that was the reason giving for why Fury 325 had none. Now if they will take the ones off the current coasters that have them!