TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Relating back to the employment questions.

The key to getting the attraction you want when applying for a Ride Host job is answering the general information questions concerning your preferred age group to work with, pace of work, and general physical abilities as well as demonstrating to the interviewer (usually a department manager) that you are a guest service oriented person. I can't stress that enough. The interest for amusement parks and attractions is not a bad idea to mention, but it should never be a key talking point in the interview. Make sure you talk about how you are committed to safety and providing the best experience possible for each guest and co-worker.

This is an excellent point, I may have made it seem like Millennium was just handed to me. I have 5 years working guest service jobs before I decided to apply to CP, so I'm sure that helped.

A wooden switchback would be so much better in that spot!!

Only if it has a tunnel or a splashdown. If it doesn't have one of those, it's garbage.

...That's so last week...

What could this HUGE hole be for?! I see nothing in the animation that looks like it fits this spot.

thumb_image_88.jpeg

A wooden switchback would be so much better in that spot!!

Only if it has a tunnel or a splashdown. If it doesn't have one of those, it's garbage.

...That's so last week...

What could this HUGE hole be for?! I see nothing in the animation that looks like it fits this spot.

thumb_image_88.jpeg

Looks like it could be for the train storage shed, since that is usually one of the first things that go up for B&M's, that's what makes sense to me at least.

edit* Now that I look closer, it's almost right in line with the cobra roll on Raptor and that's not where the storage shed is. Maybe the first drop footers?

That could be anything. From a footer, to an electrical shed, to a planter on the pathway. I wouldn't read into it too much.

I'm not reading to much into it. I am just trying to figure out what it could be. I know there is a lot that goes into building a coaster, and large holes in the ground are nothing out of the normal... I'm just curious as to what it could be, and was trying to figure it out!

Question for anybody who went to CP this past Friday night: How were the crowds/lines? Particularly on the coasters? I'm looking to go next week (Oct 2), and am curious what kind of waits to anticipate. The last time I went to a Halloweekends Friday night, was many years ago, and it was dead. I'm guessing it's gotten busier over the years, however... Thanks!

I was there this past Friday and the crowds were not at all bad. We had Fast Lane Plus passes since I got one free from renewing my Platinum Pass, and other than riding Maverick at the beginning of the night I didn't even think we needed them. We walked onto Millennium Force at some point after dark and only waited two trains for the back seat. We usually go the first or second weekend so I don't know how bad it gets as it gets closer to Halloween, but I can tell you the crowds on Saturday were horrendous, despite the rain.

I mean, even Millennium Force has a "toaster oven" station, fairly basic trains, and nothing really out on the course

I normally agree with you but I have to step in here...

Millennium Force is a highly themed journey back in time to an island filled with dinosaurs. The name makes perfect sense too as they never specified which Millennium they were referring to. Everyone misses the theme because they incorrectly assume they were talking about this Millennium.

This made me

My vision of this ride had been infinitely expanded.

And for those requesting the picture to go with the caption...

1725674697_TyrannosaurusRexandTriceratops.jpg.f09c20852643f7d28c925c1aee07e4c0.jpg