TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

I meant the posts were idiotic not the people.

Ok, that's a little better... I just think sometimes Coaster Enthusiast forums can be so nasty, and our hobby is supposed to just be a fun diversion from the harsh realities of life.

This is a pet peeve of mine as well. Calling what they did idiotic is not the same thing as calling them idiots altogether.

Btw, super stoked about Cedar Point's decision. One thing I don't understand is how people predict exactly what is coming. For example, Dollywood's Lightning Rod was the first of its kind, yet people still were about to predict the name and type of ride. Even with the leaks, Valravn still wasn't clear. I'm very impressed with the people who are able accomplish this.

I think this could be a good addition for Cedar Point. I know a lot of people are disappointed with the layout, the trains, name, color scheme, lack of tunnel or splashdown, etc., but I think that it will be a good addition to the already fantastic line-up. As practically everyone has already stated, the GP will love this coaster, and it'll have pretty good capacity as well. Could it have been better? Possibly, but I think that from Cedar Fair's view, this was a logical and smart move.

Has anyone here done the Millennium Walkback? It says that they check ID's, but I want to keep my ID in my car when I'm at the park. Do they check ID's for the coaster club stuff, or for season passes? Does anyone know if they still do the walkback during Halloweekends?

Thanks!

Has anyone here done the Millennium Walkback? It says that they check ID's, but I want to keep my ID in my car when I'm at the park. Do they check ID's for the coaster club stuff, or for season passes? Does anyone know if they still do the walkback during Halloweekends?

Thanks!

Yeah, Tony (who manages it) always checks photo IDs to match coaster enthusiast cards.

One more question: What are the best options for breakfast (buffet or sit down) on the peninsula?

If I had to eat breakfast on the Peninsula, I'm eating at Perkins. Don't even entertain the notion of going to Breakwater Cafe. Starbucks is a clear second place. I would probably do neither ideally and go to something along 250 instead (Dianna's, the time machine to 1965 hidden inside Jolly Donut, hell even Sonic).

While Magic Mountain may have more coasters, Cedar Point's line up is way better. Mean Streak is really the only dud, and its not even that bad. Valravn is just a thick layer of frosting on the cake. Its incredible how stacked this park is.

It's all opinion. Some May like X2 and TC over MF and maverick. Plus Magic Mountain DOES have more coasters, therefore you would receive a better bang for your buck at SFMM.

^^^It really is, but sixflags puts more emphasis on their smaller parks, it's not like they have a MiA and Valleyfair like cf. I don't care about MiA though, CP is awfully close. (Also I'm not complaining about ST it is an amazing wooden coaster)

Edited by MiABeta

For all intents and purposes, Pipe Scream serves the same purpose as a ride like Canyon Blaster. With that included, Magic Mountain has one more coaster than Cedar Point, with the extra being a kiddie coaster. So if you're an adult without children with you, you have the same number of coasters to choose from.

Of course some will have different tastes which is totally cool, most would prefer Cedar Point's collection.

For all intents and purposes, Pipe Scream serves the same purpose as a ride like Canyon Blaster. With that included, Magic Mountain has one more coaster than Cedar Point, with the extra being a kiddie coaster. So if you're an adult without children with you, you have the same number of coasters to choose from.

Of course some will have different tastes which is totally cool, most would prefer Cedar Point's collection.

Plus Magic Mountain DOES have more coasters, therefore you would receive a better bang for your buck at SFMM.

I really do not care for park debates, but when the information is false, I can't help but intrude. Minus the kiddie coasters, both parks are equal with 15 adult coasters. /end

It's been a odd read these past few pages. People seem to whine about Valravn doing nothing different (that Dive loop is a first for Divers), and yet whine even more about no splashdown or tunnels. Aren't those already on a handful of other Dive coasters? These two statements completely contradict each other.

Oh, enthusiasts logic.

X2 > Gatekeeper

Goliath < MF

yolo < Maverick

Ninja > Iron Dragon

Scream < Roug

Superman < TTD

BMTR < Raptor

Rev > Corkscrew

Riddler < Wicked

TC > Mean Streak

Apoculipse > Blue Streak

Tatsu > Gemini

Viper < Magnum toughest one because magnum sucks lol

AM I missing any of the MAJOR coasters?

No... no.. no please no. Please don't do this. Life is too short to start doing more coaster by coaster comparisons between CP and SFMM.

EDIT: And I see the comparisons and I'm tempted to disagree with some of them but I won't because then I'd be part of the problem.

Edited by coasterbill

X2 > Gatekeeper

Goliath < MF

yolo < Maverick

Ninja > Iron Dragon

Scream < Roug

Superman < TTD

BMTR < Raptor

Rev > Corkscrew

Riddler < Wicked

TC > Mean Streak

Apoculipse > Blue Streak

Tatsu > Gemini

Viper < Magnum toughest one because magnum sucks lol

AM I missing any of the MAJOR coasters?

Please no. What do you gain from directly comparing TC and Mean Streak? Riddler and Wicked Twister?