TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

How are the ERT sessions at Coaster Mania? Do the lines get ridiculously long like on ride nights, or since more rides are running at once do things go smoothly?

Dragster is really busy during ERT.. My dad and a buddy only got 2 rides on it in that time frame

Durring the same time though, Raptor was empty and i got to ride it 4 times without getting off!

Mav in the morning is like a 1-2 train wait... MF shold be no more than that!

Wicked Twister has no wait... Nor does Magnum... Maxair has about a one cycle wait...

It really is a great time! last year was amazing!! Stay at the Breakers!

I've never been to Cedar Point, let alone Coastermania. I'm thinking of finally making a trip this summer. Would a weekend like this be a good way to introduce myself to the park?

Yes. Yes it is

How are the ERT sessions at Coaster Mania? Do the lines get ridiculously long like on ride nights, or since more rides are running at once do things go smoothly?

Two years ago, they only had 1-2 rides open at a time. But I'm assuming the crowds run about the same: Friday night, almost 100% of the attendees are there; Saturday morning (until around 730-8am), probably 5% are there (at 5am, it's probably like 2%!); Saturday night, it's probably around 50-60% of the attendees. Sounds like they learned from '09 that they need more rides open to make the ERT worth it! When I was there, Maverick had a 45-minute line at 11pm.

I'll be there this year with two Cedar Point virgins - one of which I've recently learned has been coaster-obsessed herself for years! I can't wait to go!

Dragster is really busy during ERT.. My dad and a buddy only got 2 rides on it in that time frame

Durring the same time though, Raptor was empty and i got to ride it 4 times without getting off!

Mav in the morning is like a 1-2 train wait... MF shold be no more than that!

Wicked Twister has no wait... Nor does Magnum... Maxair has about a one cycle wait...

It really is a great time! last year was amazing!! Stay at the Breakers!

I've never been to Cedar Point, let alone Coastermania. I'm thinking of finally making a trip this summer. Would a weekend like this be a good way to introduce myself to the park?

Yes. Yes it is

Thanks for the feedback!

I might take that Friday off from work, drive from Richmond to Waldameer (and possibly Conneaut Lake), and spend Saturday and Sunday at Cedar Point. If I took that Monday off I might make my first trip to Kennywood as well.

I guess my question is would I have to arrive right on the 3rd to be a part of Coastermania and should I look in to taking off Thursday and Friday. It's about a 9-10-hr drive from Richmond to Cedar Point. I could possibly hit one of the other parks on the way back. All 3 parks would be firsts for me.

I also took the drive from Richmond to CP in one day and found it to be reasonable. It's definitely not 10 hours, as KDCoasterman said it's around 8 and a half hours. But of course if you want to hit all those parks along the way, by ll means go for it!

This just in:

Cedar Fair opts for new Chairman of the Board

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/news/2011/jan/11/cedar-fair-opts-new-ceo

Cedar Fair's unitholders have voted overwhelmingly to appoint a new chairman of the board with no previous ties to the company, current chairman Dick Kinzel announced at today's special meeting of Cedar Fair unitholders, held at the Cedar Point Center at BGSU Firelands.

Kinzel said that's based on preliminary results. A second proposal, to make paying cash dividends a higher priority than paying off debt, is too close to call, and the result will not be known until all the votes are in and counted. That will be in a few days, he said.

Discuss!

ADMIN EDIT: I went ahead and quoted the story so people wouldn't have to make the jump to read it.

Edited by jedimaster1227

It should be noted that these were non-binding resolutions and that the spokeswoman for Cedar Fair has been very quick to point out that fact in various articles/interviews this week. In short, the board could simply ignore the results of today's votes if it so desired. It will be interesting to see how Kinzel and company react to this and if they do indeed respect the results. This whole Q mess is far from over.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone made a comment about CP's ride ops in another thread, and I have to agree. EVERY single ride op is excellent whatever day I go. An operator at Iron Dragon (which all the kids there LOVED) would always say "If you're ready to ride Iron Dragon, you have to ROAR!" And all the kids in the line were roaring and the ops had signs they held up as they left saying "I <3 Iron Dragon!". It was really cool and all the kids had a blast.

Maverick's op was just plain hilarious and had a ton of enthusiasm (so did MF and Magnum), and Blue Streak's made a joke about being too enthusiastic about the ride saying "I hope you LOVED the best ride here at Cedar Point! It has to be considering we haven't had a line all day!"

I didn't meet one bad, unthoughtful employee. But that's just my two cents...