TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

THE END OF THE WORLD IS COMING IN 2012!

Nah, Just kidding, But DK is retiring!

Dick Kinzel has confirmed that he will retire when his contract is up on January 2nd, 2012, and that the company has begun the long search to find a replacement, though we aren’t likely to hear anything more about this until next year.

Screamscape Industry News

Sandusky Register

^ Don't all CF parks have their own management teams as well? It's the same concept as when Parque acquired Kenny Entertainment. People thought that was the end for Kennywood as a *traditional* park, and that they would become more like a CF/SF park. In response to that, the management basically came out and said that they're still the same people they've always been, and will continue to manage the park the same way it's been managed for decades. I would assume the same holds true for the CF parks as individuals.

THE END OF THE WORLD IS COMING IN 2012!

Nah, Just kidding, But DK is retiring!

Dick Kinzel has confirmed that he will retire when his contract is up on January 2nd, 2012, and that the company has begun the long search to find a replacement, though we aren’t likely to hear anything more about this until next year.

Screamscape Industry News

Sandusky Register

This is great news. "Big Dick" was a true leader / innovator in his day. Unfortunately, his day has passed many years ago. Good Bye Big Dick.

^ Don't all CF parks have their own management teams as well? It's the same concept as when Parque acquired Kenny Entertainment. People thought that was the end for Kennywood as a *traditional* park, and that they would become more like a CF/SF park. In response to that, the management basically came out and said that they're still the same people they've always been, and will continue to manage the park the same way it's been managed for decades. I would assume the same holds true for the CF parks as individuals.

Nope. Dick Kinzel makes every decision about every park in the chain, right down to how many ketchup packets go in the little trays at food locations. I thought that was obvious?

I think it's a great idea to keep it, but think it would look much more appropriate near (or over) the lagoon back in the Frontier Trail area or in the kiddy area by the Tilt-A-Whirl and the Paddleboat Excursions. It would still be kinda tucked away from the GP, but I think it would look kinda cool swinging out over the water.

What is it with Cedar Point and fires this year?

Electrical blaze at CP, 50 evacuated

The Sandusky Fire Department responded to Cedar Point just before 3 p.m. Wednesday to a transformer fire.

Smoke could be seen from the park's webcam at Top Thrill Dragster. Firefighters had to evacuate 50 people from nearby buildings. No major fire damage occurred, but there was smoke damage.

Article

CP1.png.7f4b662be6ba796109b7c695a56c3b92.png

Smoke seen from the Dragster cam