TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'd really either like to see a Gravity Group woodie in Demon Drop's former location, stretching toward the beach behind Disaster Transport, or an Intamin Ball Coaster (http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=32) I hope CP goes for an Intamin Ball Coaster rather than a ZacSpin as I find it more unique and interesting layout wise (forward/backward launches) and I don't want Cedar Point to end up copying Magic Mountain like Six Flags copied TTD. Something unique will draw me to the park, and an Intamin Ball Coaster would be the first of its kind.

I'd really either like to see a Gravity Group woodie in Demon Drop's former location, stretching toward the beach behind Disaster Transport, or an Intamin Ball Coaster (http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=32) I hope CP goes for an Intamin Ball Coaster rather than a ZacSpin as I find it more unique and interesting layout wise (forward/backward launches) and I don't want Cedar Point to end up copying Magic Mountain like Six Flags copied TTD. Something unique will draw me to the park, and an Intamin Ball Coaster would be the first of its kind.

Thanks for providing that link. I've been aware of the Intamin Ball concept for some time, but I hadn't really looked into it enough to fully grasp the concept...and wow. Now that I've seen that video, I am pumped for some park to pick up one of these rides!

Perhaps Six Flag's new surge of European coasters ...

... Cedar Point has been building Intamins since 2000 - so a European coaster wouldn't exactly be a new thing for them, with 5 Intamins (counting STR) in the past 10 years.

B&M is European as well so building a "European coaster" isn't something new for any major park.

They could place two Ball Coasters or Zac Spins right next to each other.

Side by side => racing

Head to head => dueling

This would not just solve the capacity problem but also be a "first of it's kind" in the world and furthermore win the most coasters at one park record back.

An Intamin Ball Coaster near Demon Drop's former area would be a great addition, I think...but like people have said, capacity would be a big issue...

Actually, in the concept model on Intamin's page (link below), that particular Ball Coaster design can run up to 6 cars at a time, and has a capacity of 960pph. Isn't that greater than, or at least equal to, the capacity of the ZacSpin coaster going into SFMM next year?

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=32

Yea, but if Cedar Point just put in Zacpsins next year people would still complain because they would be "copying" Magic Mountain and they need something new and unique.

No they wouldn't since it's Cedar Point. I've never heard anyone say Cedar Point/Cedar Fair copies, but if Six Flags adds a modified version of something at a Cedar Fair park, Six Flags is copying. It really makes no sense, and even if it were 100% true, who cares(besides the fanboys)?

I doubt Cedar Fair would add a zacspin though, and if they were going to go with a 4D coaster, I think Cedar Point would go for S&S for capacity and size reasons. While you could technically build a 200ft tall zacspin, all you can do is build a ride like Insane/Green Lantern. With S&S's 4D coaster, you have much more options as far as a layout goes. If Magic Mountain can find a way to run this with a respectable capacity then maybe it has a chance of being built at Cedar Point in the future, but I would still have some doubts.

Was anybody at the Point yesterday? I've seen crazy crowds but I think that is the worst I have seen. MF's queue was 100% full and stretched outside of the queue all the way past Red Garter Saloon. I heard rumors of it being a four hour wait but I have to believe that is horribly stretched. I think 3 hours is very possible though. Top Thrill's came out of the queue and all the way back past the exit of the ride. I head Mavericks line was absolutely insane too. At one point I waited twenty minutes just to get into the Fright Zone.

A Zacspin at CP would be a nice addition despite the capacity and would easily fit in the spot left by Demon Drop. Who cares if Magic Mountain gets one first as the vast majority of the GP could care less. It would be something unique that you can't find anywhere else in these parts. As much as an S&S version would be sweet I don't see it happening and it will be interesting to see what becomes of the B&M prototype.

You know CF loves their Intamins.

BTW, capacity didn't stop them from adding Wicked Twister.

Was anybody at the Point yesterday? I've seen crazy crowds but I think that is the worst I have seen. MF's queue was 100% full and stretched outside of the queue all the way past Red Garter Saloon. I heard rumors of it being a four hour wait but I have to believe that is horribly stretched. I think 3 hours is very possible though. Top Thrill's came out of the queue and all the way back past the exit of the ride. I head Mavericks line was absolutely insane too. At one point I waited twenty minutes just to get into the Fright Zone.

We were there Friday night and it was crowded enough for me, so I am soooo glad we didn't stay for Saturday! I would say the waits Friday night were comparable to when I was there on Labor Day weekend. One hour for MF, 1.5 hours for Maverick and a half hour for Skyhawk.

The good thing was that the crowds started to drain off around 10:30 and we were able to get on TTD with about a 20 minute wait, Magnum (15 minutes), Max Air (walk-on), Power Tower (both sides walk-on) & Wicked Twister (walk-on).

This will be the first year I haven't been to CP at least once. I really hate the economy.

In fact, the only park I've been to this year is SFA - which is depressing now that I think about it.

For those of you that have made it out for Halloweekends, is the fog from Corn Stalkers still rolling out into Maverick's course? I always thought that was awesome.