TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Wow, damn thing just won't die. Strange how they've had two fires in the last couple months. They never actually conclusively determined what happened with the first fire. They said the suspected electrical issues but now with a 2nd fire?

Wow...I rode Mean Streak this summer...(in the very front of course by recommendation) and I liked it. Maybe I was stoked at the fact that I was a Cedar Point for the first time in my life and that riding it increased my coaster count by 1. I really didn't think it was that bad of a ride. I hear a lot of negative comments about Mean Streak (Brown Streak) and Son of Beast and quite honestly....I would have loved to see Texas Giant go up in flames before those two. Of course now that Texas Giant is getting the Extreme Makeover Coaster Edition.......I'm glad Texas Giant never caught fire.

I was at the opening of Mean Streak and hated it from day one - VERY disapointing for the world's tallest woodie at the time - so I completely agree up until THIS YEAR that the ride would just disapear.

Now that the Texas Giant is starting to take shape - IF the new ride delivers, I would think CP would retro fit MS.

If it doesn't - then I'm sure CF will give MS the same fate as Hercules (another complete disapointment) - so patience young grasshopper - something is bound to happen to MS sooner or later.