TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Looks really cool. I'm not really a fan of flats, but I really liked the smaller version of this at Martin's Fantasy Island (not sure if it's the same manufacturer).

I still don't get why people call them "flat rides"... this is taller than most roller coasters!

I'm really excited for the whole lot! I especially like the Point's version's location.

Agreed....I really liked that "water side" area on my only visit to CP, even though I didn't get on Wicked Twister beause of lines. There's really a lot to do there, and its a beautiful location. Even if there is another observation type ride in the general area (Space Spiral).

I have to say these look like great additions. I don't know if it's been asked, but does anyone know the top speed of Star Flyers? From the animation, these looks quite a bit faster.

I think of the four Windseekers CP's may be the most intimidating because of its location. During the day would be no problem but come night fall, being next to the dark abyss called Lake Erie, would creep me out a bit swinging at that height.

I agree, that will make it so much fun. I always like riding Magnum and WT at night for this reason.

Something tells me that this ride will stickout at Knott's or Canada's Wonderland more than the other two parks. Kings Island with the seemingly more varied topography than the others, and Cedar Point with an already impressive skyline. Either way though, all four will be really cool to check out for the different views they will provide.

-Gary

Please do note that all 4 of these rides are in different markets and as Robb mentioned a few pages back that its best that they stick to one name as it would make it better to market the ride. I am excited to see the parks get these new attractions, and with this slowly recovering economy, am impressed with the yearly capital investments and improvements that Cedar Fair is making to the parks. As for CP and KI getting the same ride even though they are 4 hrs away from each other. My answer to that question is that the market in that area is separate compared to CP's market. KI caters to the south states there such as KY TN WV etc. The growth in that area means big potential for the company and the park. CP caters to MI PA IN etc. My answer to that question, the company is going to find ways to increase revenue, and making these capital investments in these markets will only make their name brand grow stronger.

Thanks,

Brian

Wow, that looks.... insanely scary. Is it going to be an I-word? (Intamin for those who like Intamin )

I don't see why people complain so much about it, they look GREAT!

Even.... if.... ours will possibly replace... SkyCabin..

But having looked at the complaint posts... It makes me think. Sometimes, these "Educated Roller Coaster Enthusiasts" act no better than the average GP Guest. I'm sorry but it's true.

If it doesn't apply to you though, then disreguard.

I think it's way cool of Robb to even show us anything.

You do know that he doesn't have to, and he could have us guessing or finding out from another source, probably much later than one would find here.

C'mon guys, where's the respect?

That ride is going to be very cool to see the skyline! I actually visited this past weekend for the first time. I didn't even get to Wicked Twister's side. But this is ok, as I am already conniving my brother into a trip! lol. Some of the flats at this park are just terrifying. >:O

Maverick had the longest line, and was well worth the 1 hour 15 minute wait. MF was awesome! I had myself worried almost all day about the drop, and finally decided to just do it as the sun started to set. It was beautiful. Mantis was just weird... my first stand up. Shook me up a bit, but now that I know how to "stand", it probably won't do that next time. I now look forward to Chang making its way to my home park. Iron Dragon was a nice surprise, as was Wildcat. Raptor... actually had a long line. Shook me more than the other inverts I have been on but its layout was unique (for me) and I enjoyed it overall. I did not make it to TTD. I did not want to waste time on a ride I was not sure I would actually ride. Plus, I figure I have KK back home and can ride that when I am ready. I skipped Magnum as well. You definitely need more than one day there. I went to CP to ride Maverick, and MF. Mission accomplished, and then some! I didn't ride any of the woodies either. My back just cannot handle them anymore. I wish I rode Gemini though. Next time.

How many other rides in this country can you get on and have your legs dangling at almost 300 feet in the air? That's really all I have to say to anyone that has a complaint about this.

The only other rides I can think of is Superman Power of Tower at 313 feet, and the Drop Towers at Kings Island/Dominion at 305/315 but then that's a drop tower and not a swing. All of which are tower height and not drop height, so, not too many.

I wonder if this is the type of ride BGW is looking into, hmmm.

Wow! I thought the one here at Fun Spot in Orlando was scary enough, an extra 100ft or so... yikes! haha. I'm actually interested to see how this will look on their skyline, a nice touch I think. Hopefully they'll have some really cool light displays on the vehicles themselves; not that it would ruin the ride any without it, but it would just look cool lighting up the sky like so.

-Justin

Really, what is there to complain about? It's a new ride, it's an awesome ride, it's something not way too many parks have (well, a few have them, but it's not like they're everywhere). I really don't think there's anything to complain about; I can't say I have a park that gets a new attraction very often, let alone an attraction as awesome as this. I'm very exited to see these attractions!

People should be happy, just think of the pictures some people will get from up there of the parks (with permission that is).

Sucks living in the uk, we would not even be able to get a 150ft one in most of our parks

They are fantastic rides to look at, and they do tend to scare a lot of people.

I personally think its better to get rides like these than a stupid kiddy coaster that people would just moan about anyway. They dont seem to be able to win.

I'm goin the weekend of October 8th on Halloweekends, how crowded do you think it'll be?

P.S. I know its a month and a half away.

From a few pages back, but a more better answer is this.

Do rides and the indoor haunts on Friday, crowds are VERY THIN on fridays (except Columbus day weekend).

Do outdoor haunts on Saturdays, crowds are HUGE and when there are more people around we outdoor Screamsters are at our prime! Also a good day to see shows (GARTER!) if you are into that and don't feel like waiting in lines.

Sunday is in between and hit or miss crowd wise! (Again except on Columbus day).

Well, I can't say that we weren't expecting this. I looks like it's going to be a freaky and fun ride. But, I am surprised that Cedar Point didn't try to install a 400 or 500 foot version of it instead. Oh well, I'm still going to Cedar Point next summer and I'm still going to have fun on this ride.

Oh no Cedar Point's not getting a new roller coaster.....

Good grief. Michigan's Adventure can't even snag Cedar Point's old rides and you guys are complaining about getting a Star Flyer type ride.

Can I get an amen? I totally agree, Michigans Adventure just gets completely forgotten about.

I think this looks like a great addition to all 4 parks, but I'm kinda curious why Cedar Fair decided to install all 4 of these things in the same year at 4 different parks without there being a single other ride like this anywhere in the world. To my knowledge there aren't any other Mondial style Windseeker rides out there and spending 5 million a ride for 4 rides in one year is a bit quick. I mean what if the ride turns out to not be a hit with the general public? Or turns out to have some operational issues? It seems like usually a park chain will install one ride of a new style for a year before franchising it at every park in the chain (like with batman and superman). But then again cedar fair also opened both Flight of Fears in the same year, and six flags 2 Tony Hawks in the same year.