TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I am far from disappointed. There are very few flats that I get excited about and if this is 90% as good as a Star Flyer (if not better) then I'm stoked.

Enthusiasts bitched about a 300' speed machine last year so our opinions are kind of meaningless even within our own enthusiast circles.

hmm.. Cedar Fair must have gotten a VERY good deal on these windseakers... But come on.. you cant think of a different name for each park!?

Stop your pointless and annoying complaining. Why come up with 4 separate logos, 4 separate marketing campaigns, etc, etc, when you don't have to?

Makes perfect sense to me.

And it's not like this was the first time it's been done. I mean, hello, do you not realize this has been an industry trend FOREVER?

Cyclone, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Corkscrew, Ninja, Viper, Batman, etc, etc, etc...

Try to find something REAL to complain about next time.

Thank you!

--Robb

So in the last 5 pages we have had complaints about the height, the placement, the speed, how boring it will be, and the restraints. Cedar Fair should just stop putting in rides as every year its the SAME thing over and over again.

Rick "Serious having Flashbacks from I305 last Yer" Mathews

So in the last 5 pages we have had complaints about the height, the placement, the speed, how boring it will be, and the restraints. Cedar Fair should just stop putting in rides as every year its the SAME thing over and over again.

Yes, it's because people are stupid and ungrateful.

Here's an idea, how about if the parks just don't ever build anything again?

I'm amazed at the amount of stupidity posted in the last few pages. It's honestly embarrassing knowing the parks read our forums.

--Robb "Way to go TPR members! Way to go!" Alvey

I have no problem with parks using the same names and same ride types.

However.....

It does seem kinda odd that two major parks in pretty much the same market(cp and KI) are getting the same ride with the same name.That being said, would it really take much to rename one of them to something else? Cedarpoint would get the windseeker, and kings island would get the tall swingy tower of fun.

I have no problem with parks using the same names and same ride types.

However.....

It does seem kinda odd that two major parks in pretty much the same market(cp and KI) are getting the same ride with the same name.That being said, would it really take much to rename one of them to something else? Cedarpoint would get the windseeker, and kings island would get the tall swingy tower of fun.

Here's the thing - I too thought it was a bit odd that both parks within a 5 hour drive would be getting the same ride. But I wonder, how many of those people visit BOTH parks in the same summer? I'm assuming that number is fairly small. And if the ride turns out to be pretty good, is it really that bad of a thing to have a good ride in both parks?

This looks like great fun, and a great experience for the more timid guests, and they've had nothing but observation towers to get them up to those heights without being too intimidating.

I don't consider myself a "timid guest" and I think these things look pretty intimidating. Maybe not as bad as the Starflyers with chains supporting the seats, but still pretty scary looking.

I never understand the complaining right when the new ride is announced. Happened with Maverick as well, which I think turned out to be quite a great coaster. I notice this more with Cedar Fair than other companies. Never understand the hate towards Dick Kinzel either. Had a long conversation with him at Coastermania, at which he always stops by, very nice guy. He even commented on my Club TPR shirt one day this summer. So props to you Robb.

Maybe a new rule for TPR? No complaining about a ride until you have ridden it. Or at least until it is built.

I liken the complaining about a ride that has yet to be built to my daughter refusing to eat something she has never tried.

I personally think the location of this, overlooking the lake, will be AWESOME.

Yes, it's because people are stupid and ungrateful.

Here's an idea, how about if the parks just don't ever build anything again?

I'm amazed at the amount of stupidity posted in the last few pages. It's honestly embarrassing knowing the parks read our forums.

--Robb "Way to go TPR members! Way to go!" Alvey

...and to think the complaining on this site in the last couple pages is NOTHING compared to what I have seen in a couple other places online. I left a nice message on the KI facebook about the crap people are posting on there. There was even one guy complaining he wanted a coaster like Diamondback put in....at the park that has Diamondback and its not even 2 years old! Sigh. I think everyone likes to complain about everything nowadays and thats not just in this industry thats for sure. I dont complain about rides, I complain about people!

Don’t forget they’re also spending over $1MM in capital improvements throughout the park, which is something we all take for granted but complain about when things fall through the cracks. I’m not sure if it’ll go to extending the midway for this ride or just overall general improvements though. Either way, it's a good thing.

My only thing is that the Star Flyer looks more frightening, but that’s not to say that this won’t be a great ride. I think Elissa spoke to some of those reasons in the Knott’s thread. The whole concept is frightening given that you’re not in a cabin or gondola. I’m personally terrified of condors and dared not look down during the Star Flyer ride at Tivoli. This should do well at every park. I bet a lot of coaster fans will skip out on this one just because of nerves

Not sure why they’re in two Ohio parks but each park has it’s own management team and knows their market very well. Who would turn down a new ride that stands out really well and has great potential? Plus, this is a new design and ride for Mondial so they may have needed to build a certain number to make it feasible for this year.

Can't wait to try one of these out if the nerves don't stop me.

^ CP also draws from the Detroit/Toledo market, But the city of Columbus should be an interesting marketing campaign to say the least!

I really wasnt complaining, i was just saying that it was interesting having four identical rides, all of which are great and welcome additions to the parks they are going to!

With that being said, i do look forward to riding this at Knotts or CP! Hopefully it will help ease the pain that StR brought on to the folks at CP!

Plus thats 64 riders at one time! That is going to be insane! Plus the lake setting!

I am still curious about the ticket booth and ski rental shop... Thats a great entrance! Especially if you like staying at the Breakers!

I'm extremely pumped for this ride! Looks exciting! But I am surprised they all kept the same names. Hmmm I can think of Knotts and CW did, but I wonder why KI and CP kept the names because they work in close marketing areas? Not dissing I'm very excited for it, but just curious.