TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Soooooooooo.....Stratosoar is just...a tease? Hmmm....kind of a let down since they already announced Knott's and CW's version hours earlier.

The ride: very cool

The announcement: not so much.

Edited by pianojohn

Or [stratosaur] was not for this year...

Perhaps...How long till the 2012 season?

I think all these Windseekers are great additions...sure it's not what all of us coaster enthusiasts might have wanted, but for the GP I am sure they will eat it up.

^^ Ocean Motion is getting removed.

Wow, CP's best kept secret EVER. I don't really mind the new ride, I'm sure it'll be fun and hopefully make some lines shorter. The only disappointing thing was that I knew what they were getting for at least a month before they announced it.

Edited by Pingu1651

^^You're saying there's probably ANOTHER ride in the works?

Not saying that...who knows what the whole Stratasoar stuff was about...but I am sure with a 4 park/5million dollar investment each that 2012 might be the year for a new coaster at the Point or somewhere else...but let's all just enjoy this for now as we've got plenty of time till 2012

When I first heard the rumors of CP's Starflyer-esque ride, I made sure to ride the one on I-Drive here in Orlando. I have to say that I was a bit disappointed because it wasn't at all scary like I had hoped it would be. The seats were reinforced with steel bars across the back and bottom, so there was no give in the seat position. The only kinda cool thing was the "OMG there's such little restraint" feeling which, of course, is completely ruined with the overdone restraints on this model.

I can't decide if it will be a good addition to the park. My personal opinion is that most thrill seekers will be disappointed seconds into it because it's not going to live up to the terrifying ride some people are envisioning, and the crowd that would really enjoy it will be too freaked out by the height to give it a whirl.