TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Good thing Lebron did not go to kennywood park to ride the new coaster.

On a side note, you may want to keep an eye on cedarpoints facebook page for the 2011 announcement. Got this in my email today...

What's New in 2011?

We're finalizing our exciting plans for our 2011 season, and you can be the first to find out all the good news!

We're letting the secret out on our Facebook page in the near future. So if you'd like to follow along with clues, tidbits and other tender morsels of information, make sure you visit us on Facebook for all the details. You never know what we'll post or when we'll spill the beans!

Here's something that looks like a clue. Cedar Point's profile picture on their facebook page has changed to a sweet retro logo with a bunch of question marks underneath.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/cedarpoint?ref=ts

They just changed their status too.

"Cedar Point loves its fans. And to prove it, you'll be the first to know about our plans for 2011. Let the game begin."

I've never been on a Star Flyer ride before, but I have to say that they look like an absolute blast! One of my favorite flats in general are the Wave Swingers, so I'm sure this amped up version would definitely be to my liking. If (or based on the signs, when) CP gets one of these, I think it will be a terrific addition. I do hope it ends up near the beach, as that placement would provide some awesome views of the lake, plus it'd be great for the continued revitalization of that area of the park. I already love how that area's improved with Wicked Twister and MaXair. Throw in that beach-front woodie, and it'd have a great "boardwalk-y" feel.

The Star Flyer in Orlando is Pretty fun, not a blast IMO. I can't see Cedar Point getting the Funtime version though. It will have to be something different. A Star Flyer out by the lake on a windy day would only be fun if you wanted to feel at all times that death was a real possibility. Trust me, I love flats and on a windy day our Star Flyer is a real white knuckle experience. Not very fun and not re-rideable for me. I do take people who have never been just for the OMFG factor.

A modern version of the Jets is maybe a closer guess. I don't see actual planes but more along those lines than a chain held basket. I would love to see it travel up and down the tower faster than SF.

That logo however does look exactly like a Star Flyer

If this was a serious coaster addition, there would be ride parts arriving and stored near the Breakers Express as usual. They did recently just cut the grass, but I'm sure that means nothing. My gut feel says this will be another "Big Dick"Kinzel disappointment. He needs to retire, his time has past.

Here is some video of Labron James failing at the basketball game at cedar point.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/11/lebron-james-harassed-at_n_677516.html

This is all the proof that I need to confirm that park games are rigged. How can a pro basketball player miss all 3 shots?

Because he's not allowed to dunk!!

I went to the park today, and I can honestly say that Mother Nature hates me, the rain was on and off like a faucet. I'll postr my own PTR when I get home in a few days and away from terrible hotel internet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't CP's plans have been finalized by the time that article was written (Feb 2, 2010)? If that was the case, then CP definitely isn't getting one of these because the article talked about how they were looking for a first client. Still looks like a cool idea though.

What will happen to the park's yo-yo if we end up getting a Star Flyer anyways? IMO they should've moved Ocean Motion to Wave Swinger's spot and sold Wave Swinger. Too bad it's too late.

It wouldn't matter to CP. At one time they had two Calypso rides (Calypso and Tiki Twirl), three classic carousels (Main Midway, Kiddieland, and the Frontier carousel that was moved to Dorney), and they still have three car rides (Turnpike, Cadillac Cars, and Antique Cars). This ride would be very different from the Wave Swinger.

I can see this Wind Seeker at CP. It fits the Stratasoar name plus it seems to have enough capacity.

So, I was thinking about this a while ago, and one of the big problems with a tall swing type ride (other than capacity) would be the high winds off the lake. This "Wind Seeker" would seem to address that problem. I just can't imagine with the wind on the point that a 200 to 300 foot swing ride would not have down time due to the weather 50% of the operating days. If this is going to be a tower I don't think we are looking a traditional cable and swing star flyer.