TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Actually, I don't think that Cedar Point has really been fanning the flames at all this year.

If there was even a little ember of a rumor this thread would have instantly exploded with 342 new pages of pointless speculation and incomprehensible babbling about an aquatrax.

Wait, this thread does that no matter what anyways.

I don't know what was in the box but I think a lot of people assumed that this was going to be the new ride announcement when it never was. Why would a new thrill ride be labeled as a present to Snoopy?

Yes... the announcement was cookies, there was a little parade that came up towards the present with peanuts characters and there was a podium set up for the VP of Cedar Point to speak, they spoke opened the box and gave out cookies... I couldn't believe it, well anyways the parks was fun today, ride ops were friendly, lines were ok, and did the scavenger hunt they had set up at the park... which was a little difficult but fun, still can't get over the present was cookies however.

The coaster enthusiests did not hear the words "chocolate chip cookies"...they heard this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

For some reason... this made me laugh... a lot!

I wonder when they will make the announcement now? If memory serves me correctly, I believe Dick Kinzel said "mid-August", so it will probably be made within the next 2 weeks.

Happy Birthday Snoopy! How long will it be until the actual announcement, though? I might not get a chance to go next year, but I'd still really like to know. I went twice this year, in the past 2 weeks. Didn't get the chance to ride STR, but I rode just about everything else.

Who cares about Miley Cyrus???

LeBron took the family out to Cedar Point yesterday.

I wonder what he got in the 3-point game?

Nothing, he just passed it to Wade.

Seriously though....I'm shocked he'd go out in public anywhere near Cleveland.

I wonder how many are going to complain when they already know what it is, and will do so when it's made official...

People will whine and complain. Guaranteed. Cedar Point could build a LIM launched, 500 foot inverted coaster with 5 minutes of airtime and 15 inversions and complaints would still be heard.

I did a quick scan and did see any mention of this (and forgive me if I just missed it), but wouldn't it make the most sense to re-purpose the Space Spiral into a "Starflyer" if that is the ride they intend to add.

I mean ... it is about 300 ft tall and nobody ever rides the thing.

// Just a thought

^Actually, you'd be surprised how many people ride rides you would deem unpopular. Space Spiral almost always has a line, expecially on crowded days. (I say this having worked the ride)

Also, I think it's funny because Lebron was not even able to ride a lot of the rides because of Intamin's 6'6" height restriction. The ride ops had to keep kicking him off the rides.