TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Ok so from what I can gather from what has been said in this thread is is best to get in line for TTD first thing because there is no ERT before opening and the lines will be long all day. It seems like most of you are saying the average wait for Millennium force can be 30-60 minutes, which seems pretty short to me considering I have waited in line at SFGam for batman and the dark night for about 2 hours each...

I'm just trying to plan my groups visit to CP on Aug. 14th. We plan to be there from opening to close (10am to 11pm) and want to make the best of our time since we're coming from Chicago so anymore advice on the best ride times would be much appreciated.

From Screamscape:

We’ve heard from a few readers that Cedar Point has set up a giant present box addressed to Snoopy near Planet Snoopy with instructions not to open it until August 8th. As predicted, this should be next year’s new attraction announcement. While the Stratosoar rumor is the strongest right now, it’s funny how the coaster rumor keeps popping up. Is it just a fanboy dream [Pointbuzz] or a deliberate attempt at misinformation spearheaded by The Point? Perhaps a little of both… and maybe… just maybe… there could be some truth to it. To help keep their record intact, I have heard a new rumor claiming that the park just might add a new kiddie coaster to the Planet Snoopy area as well since SFMM is adding a kiddie coaster next year. Gotta keep that coaster count up you know.

What do you guys think?

^I don't see this being the "big" announcement considering a few of the other Cedar Fair parks are doing the same thing. The kiddie coaster is an interesting rumor though. As long as it's not the "big" announcement, and the maximum height isn't 54" , I'm fine with it. Although this is Screamscape, so tomorrow the rumor could be CP is getting Superman from SFMM for 2011 .

I saw that too and I got all excited and stuff but it is probably just a birthday cake or party hats to celebrate snoop's birthday.

Wildwater Kingdom is having it too, I saw the notice since I'm a fan of them on Facebook. I think all the CF parks are doing it, but it sounds like it's more for the little kids.

^ Here's a tip, if you don't like it, then don't ride it! *gasp* :O

Why do you insist on coming in here posting garble that you very well know could de-rail the thread?

Looks like a have a stalker.

Coaster and park fans have an opinion and are free to express it here. Just because I dont agree with your opinion on something doesnt mean you have to personally attack me. Get a life *gasp* lol

BTW- I have said nothing to derail this thread nor would I want to.

Edited by MagiMountainMan

so tomorrow the rumor could be CP is getting Superman from SFMM for 2011 .

I wouldnt want that pile of scrap metal if it was free! It would just take up room. In fact, I'd rather have Demon Drop back if I was a CP person.

It's called a joke. Calm down.

so tomorrow the rumor could be CP is getting Superman from SFMM for 2011 .

I wouldnt want that pile of scrap metal if it was free! It would just take up room. In fact, I'd rather have Demon Drop back if I was a CP person.

It's called a joke. Calm down.

I know that. I simply made a comment. The other guy is the one that blew up

^

I don't think he "blew up!".

Anyways, I think the new kid coaster would be a good idea to keep the one-up on Six Flags. Plus, we get closer to that special 20th!

Honestly they need to give that coaster count crap up as it's hurting the bottom line for both park chains.Both CF & SF are in debt(SF's bankruptcy claim didn't erase it completely) so this whole game of one upsmanship just to please the fanboys is rather pointless for them to continue.

^

Agreed.

Most parks own by any of these two companies really have lost the charm of what use to be, and with all this overcrowding, I don't find it to be "great." If the park had room to NOT take out anything else to replace it, I rather it stop, at least with a coaster count. Like I said with Knott's, The park is land locked, and yet they still cram coasters in. Cedar point/ Cedar fair needs to settle down at least.

^

Parks lack in them now, so I at least say that is a good thing. However, the fact that Six Flags/ Cedar Fair use these investments as a way to raise up the coaster cout is stupid. And if Mangement thinks that just because the park adds a new coaster, Attendance, at least for something like that, will not bring in so many desired people.

Good long term investments though. . .

...Not to mention these kiddie coasters are a cheap way of adding to the number.

Well when you're a company watching the bottom line, isn't that the point? When you can advertise having more coasters than anywhere else without breaking the bank I'd say it's a win-win. Especially since you're filling a niche that is much needed in parks not named Kings Island.

If they really wanted another kiddie coaster then they should have held onto Roadrunner Express/Beaver Land Mine Ride from Geauga Lake.

As for this having the so called record for the most coasters I highly doubt anyone in Northeast Ohio has any idea, outside of the enthusiast community, that Magic Mountain even exists or even knows how many coasters they have. Same with the West Coast regarding Cedar Point.