TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^I think he was just Racing For The Sky. Just not the same way everyone else was .

A few years ago I actually saw two guys arrested by CP police on Millennium Force's ramp for smoking marijuana. Sandusky really is ghetto.

CP is ghetto because people were smoking pot? If CP is ghetto, what is SFMM or SFGADV? Prison Yard?

Parts of it can be.... but how do you know they were from Sandusky?

I'm very good at reading people and their behavior, so I could easily tell they were locals. That's why I'm majoring in criminology and psychology at Ohio State.

CP is ghetto because people were smoking pot? If CP is ghetto, what is SFMM or SFGADV? Prison Yard?

I said Sandusky was ghetto, not CP.

Smoking pot in the queue line....wow. That is something I myself would never attempt to do. Around all those people? All it takes is one of them to tell somebody who could bust them but I guess if nobody at CP cared in line for TTD then people smoking pot aren't really a problem? I'm surprised I've never seen anything like that at KD

I remember about 8 years ago while in line for raptor, some guy was smoking a bowl. To top it off, he was asking anyone around him if they wanted a hit. People were just giving him weird looks.

It's one thing to smoke pot, but to smoke it in line at an amusement park, is just pure stupid.

I was at the park one time with my girlfriend and some guys were smoking near us and saw a CP cop coming so they threw the Joint down near us. We didnt really notice that until after the fact when the guard started accusing us of being the ones with the spliff. I sorta freaked out on the guy (probably more than I should of). At that point the guys who originally were smoking come running around the corner( we were by paddlewheel) chased by 3 or 4 cops. The guard that was questioning us took off after them. We were saved. (so i picked up what was left of the joint and finished it....not really)

Thats why every one knows JUST BRING BROWNIES lol

Has anyone had any experience going to CP the last weekend, Halloween weekend? Im lookin to possibly go fri/sat/sun. It seems like the park may have a chance of being dead on halloween day, the 31st, which is the sunday, the last sunday they are open for the season. Thanks all. I keep having to move my trip back...

Has anyone had any experience going to CP the last weekend, Halloween weekend? Im lookin to possibly go fri/sat/sun. It seems like the park may have a chance of being dead on halloween day, the 31st, which is the sunday, the last sunday they are open for the season. Thanks all. I keep having to move my trip back...

I've been on the last weekend with the exception of Halloween day and the crowd varies. The final Sunday is usually not all that busy. Keep in mind the park has shorter hours the Friday and Sunday, but overall crowds aren't bad at all.

I've been on the last weekend with the exception of Halloween day and the crowd varies. The final Sunday is usually not all that busy. Keep in mind the park has shorter hours the Friday and Sunday, but overall crowds aren't bad at all.

I completely agree, assuming it's not 70 degrees and sunny on Sunday. Even if the weather is good, the park won't be any busier than a June weekday, so not overly bad. Saturday will be horribly mobbed what ever the weather is and Fridays are never busy. Don't push your trip back any further .

^I think he was just Racing For The Sky. Just not the same way everyone else was .

A few years ago I actually saw two guys arrested by CP police on Millennium Force's ramp for smoking marijuana. Sandusky really is ghetto.

Nah it's just pot, if consuming pot makes something or a location "ghetto" then drinking booze would do the same and since everyone's a boozer I guess America is a huge ghetto? hehe Suprised no one said a single THING to the guy in line for TTD. I mean pot smoke is pretty easy to recognize and CP is smoke free in most area's except the designated area's.

Anyway I'll be going to CP on Aug. 14th for the first time and can't wait! I've read on this thread that the top coasters have shorter lines first thing in the morning, but how do you think the night is? CP is open until 11pm on the 14th so hopefully the crowds die down.

Thanks everyone!

In defense, Super Himalaya has a relativly short program. I don't know about Dodgems program, but I've had somewhat violent crashes on similar bumper cars (I can't wait to ride the Knoebels bumper cars!)

Also, Woodstock is a four because of its awesome roller skater powers. Seriously, it's not a bad ride.

^Normally that would make sense but with the Cedar Fair rating system, it doesn't at all to me. Take Top Thrill Dragster, I305 and Backlot Stunt Coaster for example. Obviously TTD and I305 are crazy fast, high and pull high g-forces. Backlot is not high, goes 40 mph and is definitely not a high thrill ride. Yet all three rides have the same thrill rating. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Paramount by far had the best thrill rating system. At KI, if I remember correctly, the rides at a 5 were Beast, SOB, Face Off, and Flight of Fear. 4 were Vortex, Top Gun, Tomb Raider and Racer. 3 was Italian Job, and Adventure Express. That was a fairly good rating system.

And the one ride that makes even less sense than no sense (if that's possible) are the KI and KD Drop Tower's. They are rated at a 4. One of the definitions of a 5 rating is a "rapid change in elevation". Pure free-fall is a pretty "rapid change in elevation" to me. I guess bumper cars and free-fall are now just as thrilling .

^Normally that would make sense but with the Cedar Fair rating system, it doesn't at all to me. Take Top Thrill Dragster, I305 and Backlot Stunt Coaster for example. Obviously TTD and I305 are crazy fast, high and pull high g-forces. Backlot is not high, goes 40 mph and is definitely not a high thrill ride. Yet all three rides have the same thrill rating. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Paramount by far had the best thrill rating system. At KI, if I remember correctly, the rides at a 5 were Beast, SOB, Face Off, and Flight of Fear. 4 were Vortex, Top Gun, Tomb Raider and Racer. 3 was Italian Job, and Adventure Express. That was a fairly good rating system.

And the one ride that makes even less sense than no sense (if that's possible) are the KI and KD Drop Tower's. They are rated at a 4. One of the definitions of a 5 rating is a "rapid change in elevation". Pure free-fall is a pretty "rapid change in elevation" to me. I guess bumper cars and free-fall are now just as thrilling .

Nothing really makes sense.

You guys may think it's not a real problem, but it is. My mom doesn't like roller coasters or rides and would judge whether she wanted to go on it by it's rating. I'm sure she's not the only one that does it.

She wouldn't ride Snake River Falls because it was a 5!