TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I was looking through an interview with Dick Kinzel the other day, and unless I am misinterpriting this, he is saying the next ride will not be a roller coaster:

Q: So I guess the recession sort of slowed down that thrill-ride timetable. What can you tell us about next year's thrill ride, and when is it likely to be announced?

A: Just backing up a little bit, the flume ride (Shoot the Rapids) was really due to be introduced last year, but the economy turned. Remember that in November of 2008 the banks crashed. We had a pretty good feeling it was going to be a bad year ... so we put that off for a year.

It's going to be a great ride. All thrill rides aren't coasters. It's going to be something that I think the teen market is really going to like.

We really plan on announcing that in the middle of August. That's when we have our season passes for next year. Not especially Cedar Point, but in other parks, the season pass business is so big, we try to get a jump.

is he talking about next year's thrill ride, or STR?

^They're just getting lucky (the weather site and CP). No weather source right now is consistently accurate past a day or two. That info came from one of the meteorological professors at Ohio State. I got curious a few years ago as to why all the weather guys sucked so bad so I asked some questions.

^They're just getting lucky (the weather site and CP). No weather source right now is consistently accurate past a day or two. That info came from one of the meteorological professors at Ohio State. I got curious a few years ago as to why all the weather guys sucked so bad so I asked some questions.

To me it just seems like predicting past the 72-hour mark is only done to appease the average viewer, save for storm patterns that correlate to different models instead of just "the guy in the office's"; it just doesn't look good for planning things ahead. Inevitably my line of work will lead me to this same proud tradition of appeasement, but there you go.

^Yup. There were also a lot of officers around Magnum today.

My friend also found a Marijuana pipe on Mean Streak. They also had to use some of the switchbacks in Mean Streak's Q-line as well.

Pretty strange day.

Just over the 2 days I was there the lines were so strange...I waited longer for Mean Streak than Top Trill Dragster and Maverick and the same amount of time for Millennium Force.

My sister said lines were weird like that when she went on Wednesday. It was just due to general package though.

And Cavs Fan, it was obvious they were doing the fearsome 17 challenge: ride all the coasters WHILE HIGH. Someone did it for a TV show but it was edited.

^I think he was just Racing For The Sky. Just not the same way everyone else was .

A few years ago I actually saw two guys arrested by CP police on Millennium Force's ramp for smoking marijuana. Sandusky really is ghetto.

Parts of it can be.... but how do you know they were from Sandusky?