TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It's actually better now. There is at least something to look at. Before they enclosed the ride,there was nothing but sky and track walls on both sides of you. You really couldn't see much of the beach or water from the ride. I think for a while, they had employees stationed at the block brakes. I remember waiving to them as we went by.

It was loosely based on an alpine bobsled. You can still see the roof of the old bavarian roof from the space spiral. When you get up high enough, look down at the unload station. The ride vehicles used to be themed to different countrys. I remember that we always tried to get the america themed car, but always ended up with the german car.

The line snaked under the ride, and got very hot during the summer.

Im helping to organize a bachelor party for a friend. He is a big CP fan and mentioned taking a group there. We are about 3 hours away and plan on getting room in Sandusky. CP would be in the morning and afternoon but would like to find a good place for adults to get a few drinks after. I found a few different bars and pubs but not sure about them. I know Kelleys Island and Put-in-bay is close and is an option. I would appreciate any suggestions, if anyone has any:)

Gemini, Mean Streak, and Blue Streak were all walk ons the entire day...

Gemini isn't a woodie, Mean Streak is crap that nobody wants to ride, and Blue Streak is hidden in a corner.

I know Gemini isn't, I mentioned it because everyone always thinks it is. And they don't ride it because they think it's a woodie...

Magnum and Gemini have the highest PPH for coasters in the park. Hence why they rarely have a line. If the crews are doing it right you shouldn't see a line for either past about 10 minutes. Any more than that and the park is probably ridiculously busy. Raptor also has one of the highest PPH if I remember correctly.

Coaster wise I think the order is currently Magnum, MF, Gemini, Raptor, Maverick, Mantis, TTD and down from there (I'm not 100% sure on this). When Gemini ran 6 trains, it could hit something like 3,000 people per hour. That made Magnum's capacity rate look like nothing.

Im helping to organize a bachelor party for a friend. He is a big CP fan and mentioned taking a group there. We are about 3 hours away and plan on getting room in Sandusky. CP would be in the morning and afternoon but would like to find a good place for adults to get a few drinks after. I found a few different bars and pubs but not sure about them. I know Kelleys Island and Put-in-bay is close and is an option. I would appreciate any suggestions, if anyone has any:)

The Thirsty Pony is right at the Cedar Point causeway entrance and has a nice selection of food and drinks. It is tied into the Quality Inn and Rain - a small indoor waterpark.

I wouldn't really recommend the Quality Inn as the rooms were quite run down for the $100 they were asking. But the Thirsty Pony is a great place to grab a bite and down some beers once the park closes.

As far as Put-In Bay & Kelley's Island, you would need to make that more of a day trip seperate from Cedar Point. Put-In Bay has the college frat atmosphere at the bars, so if you are looking to party hard, that's the place you wanna be!

Have fun!

Phil

Bar hopping Put-In-Bay is a lot of fun. That's what I did for my bachelor party. My wife had her bachelorette party on Kelley's Island. The took The Goodtime Cruise (Booze Cruise) over. Either one of those I would recommend to you as a local, they are more fun then just going to a local bar. Once at PIB, there are several bars/night clubs to hop. Kelley's doesn't have nearly as many, but the boat ride over and back is more fun than the Jet Express as there is drinking and a DJ. Hope this helps!

As far as Put-In Bay & Kelley's Island, you would need to make that more of a day trip seperate from Cedar Point. Put-In Bay has the college frat atmosphere at the bars, so if you are looking to party hard, that's the place you wanna be!

Have fun!

Phil

I disagree if he's just going to party he can spend the day at CP then take the boat over to PIB. I took the 6pm boat over when I went for mine and had plenty of time to get trashed and have a good time.

Screamscape posted a rumor about an Intamin version of the Funtime Starflyer being The Point's new ride. The one here in Orlando scares the crap out of everyone I have taken on it, try it on a windy day for some real fun. I haven't ever seen it that busy. During the first month of opening I spoke to one of the owners who said most people were not willing to try Starflyer but were riding the 300 foot Slingshot. When I rode for the first time I was alone on the ride with a pretty big crowd watching. It just gives you a very uneasy feeling. I know some people love them and I do still ride, just not sure if I am having fun or not.

I think Intamin could build a nice version, basically more drop tower than the existing Starflyer. Just make the ride vehicle something other than a basket.