TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

There really isn't much of a difference when it comes to the actual rooms at Breakers and Breakers Express. But Breakers is a much better location, being next to the park and on the lake (it also has its own beach). If you only care about the ERT though, Breakers Express is considerably cheaper (about $100 or more less per night). There is also the less-expensive Bon-Air wing of Breakers, which is close in price to Express, but I don't reccommend staying there (its very old, the rooms are outdated and pretty dumpy)

So I'm officially going to Cedar Point July 21st and 22nd...a Wednesday and Thursday. We want to stay on site Wednesday night go get the perk of early ERT. Hotel Breakers is currently like $180 for that night in the older section while Breakers Express is $130...would you guys suggest going with Breakers Express? The only downside is that we can't just walk back and forth from our room and would have to pay for parking.

Check out the ticket packages. If you get a ticket package at BE parking is included.

Note that the old section of breakers doesn't have A/C. Just a window air conditioner I believe. Might be a bit stuffy in July.

Also not sure what time you're arriving, but you can actually get the early entry on the day you arrive. Just head to the hotel early and they'll give you the resort card. Then you'd have to go back later to get the room.

The weird thing about ERT at CP is that you can "buy" it. Some of the ticket packages have the option of adding it

Where?! What packages?

I think he means that if you buy one of there Hotel packages you basically buy ERT or you buy a season pass you buy ERT. ( To me I just think they are incentives)

If that's what he means then you would be "buying" ERT at Disney, Universal and other Cedar Fair parks, as well. It's not THAT weird or unique, right?

Regarding the early entry, it should be warned that it is very common for Milliennium or Maverick to start late, or stay down until after the park opens to the public. Sometimes if the park knows that one of those two rides will be down ahead of time, they will open TTD for ERT, but that often doesn't happen. The best plan, which was just pointed out, is to go from Raptor to Milliennium to Maverick, to avoid late openings/delays. Just don't expect the ERT at coaster events

I just got back from a two-day trip of CP (sunday and monday). The park is great. I easily did everything in the two days at least twice (except Maverick because it broke down). I stayed 20 minutes away and had no problems with traffic or anything. So the airtime on Magnum literally pulled my phone from deep inside my pocket out on the last bunny-hills. CP is awesome and I got my phone the next day at lost and found. I had a great trip and got on way more rides than I expected!

MF 3

Maverick 1

Magnum 5

Raptor 3

Blue Streak 5

Wicked Twister 2

TTD 2

And every other coaster and major flat ride.

^ It was actually about the same crowdedness both days. Sunday was father's day and gay pride day at CP. The waits were 1 hour for MF, 1.5 hrours for Maverick, 45 mins for TTD and everything else was around 15 minutes or less. I was very surprised about the lack of lines or wait times on both days.

^^I'm pretty sure that my phone came out on the last bunnyhill in the tunnel of Magnum, so I consider it luck that it only fell a few feet vs. 200 ft. That airtime is crazy though. I heard about it being strong, but it ripped me over the last bunnyhills.

Jakizle, coming from someone who was in the exact same situation as you (a month earlier), I would definitely recommend staying at Breakers Express.

I have stayed in Hotel Breakers twice, and though I enjoy the setting/convenience more there, it is only worth your money if you stay at least two nights. Check out is at 11am, so, under your circumstances, you wouldn't be able to go back and forth between your room and the park, anyway.

This year, we decided to stay at Breakers Express, because, like yourself, we wanted to be able to attend the morning ERT, but didn't feel like spending the outrageous amount of money it costs to stay two nights at Hotel Breakers ($350 for a 2 double-bed room in the Bon-Air section...and that's as cheap as it gets, folks). We made our reservations just days before we left, and didn't know exactly how much time we would be spending at the park, so we didn't opt for a package deal.

Well, it turned out that, when we bought our admission tickets at the front desk as we checked in ($30 a piece), we were given a free parking pass. As we headed over the causeway in the morning, we put the pass on our dashboard, and headed all the way around to the back of the park. When reaching the Hotel Breakers' attendant booth, we smiled and waved. The employee in it did the same as he acknowledged our parking pass, and we were able to go right on through without stopping. We parked in that lot and entered Cedar Point through the Magnum gate for our morning ERT.

So, I guess the point of this story is...we were able to get the exact same perks at Breakers Express that we would have received if we had stayed at Hotel Breakers for hundreds of dollars more. (And I bet you could do the same.)

^ 4th of July? You're screwed. If you really want to ride it, have fun waiting in a 1 to 1.5 hour line.

Well this brings an end to all my STR jokes.

"Huh, this store isn't open. It must be made by Intamin."

It's been a few years since I have been there for the 4th, but the last few times the park was not too busy. I think we waited just over an hour fro millennium force. I remember that it got busy near the time the fireworks were supposed to go off. After the fireworks, most of the park was a ghost town.

Last year on the 4th it was packed to the point where Magnum had an hour wait, and that was hitting interval pretty consistently. Our line spilled out into the midway as did Dragster, Maverick, and Millennium. I can't hope to guesstimate what crowds will be like this year, but if last year was any indication it's gonna be packed.

Last year on the 4th it was packed to the point where Magnum had an hour wait, and that was hitting interval pretty consistently. Our line spilled out into the midway as did Dragster, Maverick, and Millennium. I can't hope to guesstimate what crowds will be like this year, but if last year was any indication it's gonna be packed.

I think that had a lot to do with the 4th being on a Saturday. When the 4th is a weekday, crowds are relatively light at most all parks around the country.