TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ A couple raindrops will usually scare people away, so don't take that the wrong way. Also, some tips for getting the credits:

- If you're staying on site, take advantage of ERT! Millennium Force (FS) and Maverick will usually have long lines the whole day, so hit those up during early ERT.

- When the park opens, go to TTD or Disaster Transport. TTD might be your longest line of the day otherwise, and Disaster Transport really picks up as the day goes on. From Disaster Transport: Wicked Twister to Corkscrew (FS). From TTD: Corkscrew.

-After that, go from Magnum (BS) to Mean Streak (FS). Most of the coasters in the back will usually be walk-on. So far, you probably have Millie, Maverick, TTD, Corkscrew, Magnum, Gemini (FS), Jr. Gemini*, Woodstock's Express*, CCMR*, and Mean Streak. That's 10 of 17 already! Go hit some flats (or eat) to celebrate.

-Now go back towards Millennium Force. Is STR open? Probably not. Ride Mantits (FS) instead, then Iron Dragon, then Wildcat*. Now you most likely have some more free time (around 3-4 PM).

-Lines really die down at dinnertime, and Raptor is usually 15 minutes around then. After that, go to Blue Streak (BS), which is a walk-on. Now it's time to wrap it up, and you may have a couple credits left. Try to get in line for them at least 30 minutes before closing.

Hope this helps! More info here: http://www.thepointol.com/ (look under travel, then strategy guides).

KEY: (BS) means sit near the back, (FS) = near the front, * means skippable credit.

^^ I keep reading around 40% chance of rain all day. In my mind thats almost perfect, cause with that threat a lot of people are gonna stay home.

^He has some pretty good tips in there also. And if you happen to see me say hi! I unfortunately dont have a TPR shirt (just a sweatshirt and idk that I'll be wearing it all day) but I'll be wearing a Yellow "Team RUSH" shirt and walking around with a blonde.

Just like to say, I've never had a front seat ride on Millennium Force or Top Thrill Dragster until this year...

And I'm mad at myself for not riding in the front seats before! Dragster's wait for the front was abut 25 minutes, and Millennium's was about 15 (both were full). You've got to try the front on those two rides! Millennium was a whole new ride in my mind, coming from usually riding in the back and the middle. I'm going to wait for the front each time I visit!

I think CP is a front seat ride park. Maverick, Dragster, Raptor, Mantis, Millennium, Wicked Twister, Mean Streak, are all front seat rides in my opinion. Backseats would be Millennium as well, Magnum, Gemini, Blue Streak, and Corkscrew.

Just like to say, I've never had a front seat ride on Millennium Force or Top Thrill Dragster until this year...

And I'm mad at myself for not riding in the front seats before! Dragster's wait for the front was abut 25 minutes, and Millennium's was about 15 (both were full). You've got to try the front on those two rides! Millennium was a whole new ride in my mind, coming from usually riding in the back and the middle. I'm going to wait for the front each time I visit!

I think CP is a front seat ride park. Maverick, Dragster, Raptor, Mantis, Millennium, Wicked Twister, Mean Streak, are all front seat rides in my opinion. Backseats would be Millennium as well, Magnum, Gemini, Blue Streak, and Corkscrew.

I have to disagree with Wicked Twister in the front, yeah the visuals are great, but personally, I love the front seat in the last car...

I agree with your back seats though, Gemini has a nice pullover...

I think CP is a front seat ride park.

Yeah you got that right! I never ride TTD and MF anywhere else but the front seat. Did both coaster only once in the back and it was by far not as good as up front. Can't wait to go up to sandusky tomorrow for the next two days!

^^WildCat is NOT a skippable credit. It is a great ride and and should not be missed.

I agree, wildcat is one of the most overlooked coasters at CP and i think its actually one of the better rides at the park. I just wish it didnt always have a huge line.

^^I agree, the back two rows on Wicked Twister are definitely the best seats on that ride.

I think they edit:should reconfigure and have all the cars facing the center of the train, so that there are two "back rows".

so they would do this

> > > > < < < <

instead of this

> > > > > > > >

Edited by tkkyj

^^WildCat is NOT a skippable credit. It is a great ride and and should not be missed.

I agree, wildcat is one of the most overlooked coasters at CP and i think its actually one of the better rides at the park. I just wish it didnt always have a huge line.

The line is why I said it's skippable. It was one of my favorite roller coasters at CP when I rode it last, but I haven't gotten to it again because of the wait. It just needs better capacity.

While Magnum's first drop is great in the back seat, I'm going to have to go ahead and say that the ejector seat is by far the best ride experience on any hyper on Earth. The only thing I can compare even remotely close is back seat on Apollo.

^^I agree, the back two rows on Wicked Twister are definitely the best seats on that ride.

I think they edit:should reconfigure and have all the cars facing the center of the train, so that there are two "back rows".

so they would do this

> > > > < < < <

instead of this

> > > > > > > >

That would be rather painful as the initial launch would throw the backwards-facing riders forward (possibly causing whiplash/neck damage). The only reason it can launch backwards is because it already has speed and it's a gentle boost, not a full-force launch.

Just to further speculate on the ZacSpin rumor, I was watching "How They Do It" on the Science Channel and they had a segment on roller coasters at Cedar Point. They were talking to the Cedar Point VP about how they make designs and flashed through some designs. I thought it was funny that there was some ZacSpins in there. This is completely speculation and I just thought these were cool. The ZacSpin layouts are cool and original. This show was also made before Maverick was finished with construction, so it's pretty old.

It's hard to tell what it says on the first picture in pencil, but it says

"3600-400ft" "3 launch Sections" "80' " "45 mph" "60 -70-80 degree banks" "2 min"

^ Thanks for dispelling the rumors! I'll be sure to take some pictures when I see the markings tomorrow.

By the way, I don't take much time in the gift shops, so does anyone know any good souveniers for $5? I wanna take something home this time.