TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This quote completely contradicts the title of the article:

Mr. Kinzel said workers for the contractor that constructed the boats "are working three shifts" to modify the watercraft, and those modifications should be completed soon.

Obviously they are not going to fix the current boats and buy new ones, but to me it sounds like they are still just trying to fix the current boats .

This whole Shoot the Rapids situation is starting to get really confusing.

When I was there for CoasterMainia. I saw a worker measuring the width of the channel near the end of the course. Maybe the delay has to do with the boats not fitting the channel very well and getting stuck or something of that nature.

If you plan well, you can wait less for them. For example, swing by Millennium at maybe lunch time or dinner time, when everyone else is eating. The line could possibly go as far down as 15 or 30 minutes.

I'm thinking about getting the platinum pass and swinging by before the park opens. I'd guess it was like, 30 minutes maximum.

^ I find that when I park in the back and enter through the water park gate at 9am, we can get on either Maverick OR MF once or twice, then go to Raptor and usually get over to WT just before 10. Then on to Magnum and Gemini with little or no wait.

However everyone wants does it, I still wish Cedar Point ERT was like Kings Island ERT. Diamondback never has more than a three or four train wait. Imagine if Millennium Force and Maverick were like that everyday. Unfortunatly that will never happen .

The weird thing about ERT at CP is that you can "buy" it. Some of the ticket packages have the option of adding it - plus I think that the resort guests get it too. In fact when I was working in CP admissions there were several days when there was larger number of people at the ERT opening than there were for standard park opening!

Sorry if this was already mentioned. But my mom and I were considering going to Cedar Point later this summer. Unfortunately, we are both bigger girls and we read that the seatbelts were shortened on several big rides we would have wanted to go on.

So, I'm asking two things here. One, have the seatbelts truly been shortened? And two, have any other big TPR people had issues with Cedar Point this summer?

^ Resort Guests get in for ERT free. Nobody stays at KI's inn, and I don't even think you get the Early Entry with staying at Kings Island Inn anyway. CP is much more of a place you go and stay at the resorts...

At KD last year there wasn't any early entry from staying on site as far as I could tell. The only perk is the free shuttle to and from the park.

Just a side note, I will be at the park Monday the 14th with a friend (who happens to be a TPR lurker). I was hoping STR would be open by then but oh well, I'll try to get some pictures and see whats up. If anyone has anything they would like me to check out just let me know