TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^^ That's really, really depressing.

^^^^ That's a fair statement. They always told us that it was for safety reasons. I just roll with what I'm told And I wholeheartedly agree with the not goofing off part. More crew members can make queues move so much faster, but if they're just socializing....yeah.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Raptor only has entrance during ERT and some mornings. I had a few friends that worked there and they didn't have entrance as a consistent position. To that extent Disaster Transport also has temporary entrance, my roommate last year worked there.

Had an amazing day today. Tons of rides on Millennium, Dragster, Maverick, and Raptor.

Shoot the Rapids was testing most afternoon, and there were many managers there and ops, cleaning and getting things in order. If you're up there in the next few days, don't be surprised if they open it.

I'll give details in a photo TR tomorrow, but Magnum seems to be hot or cold. It was amazing a few weeks ago, and today the airtime was so intense (same seat) on the return trip it was just wayyyy tooo painful to enjoy. Horrible ride.

Rode Millennium and Dragster in the front row for the first time....phenominal. Nothing like those two.

Maverick in the back had been shakey before...it's very smooth this year. Wow! Insane ride.

Blue Streak is as smooth as Millennium. Gemini rocks. Mantis is meh, Mean Streak is now the Son of Beast of Ohio north, and Disaster Transport was closed again!

Oh, also saw a Texas Trip dude there! Steven..Nendig? Something like that! (When someone has a Holiday World shirt on...you know they're an enthusiast!)

Magnum could possibly give different rides based on humidity, as it's been more humid recently than it was one or two weeks ago.

Was Mantis' trim on? I know a week ago it was giving some AWESOME trim-less rides.

Yeah it was pretty much off, but I've never been that big of a fan of the ride. Georgia Scorcher is soooo much better in my opinion. On Mantis by the dive loop I'm ready to get off.

Completely understandable. I've always felt stand-ups in general, let alone Mantis, were sort of an acquired taste anyway. I was just curious on the status of the trims.

Also yes, I agree about Millennium and Dragster in the front seats...definitely a different, unique, one of a kind, and completely AWESOME experience!

Wait, wait, wait. Is that Dick Kinzel spending money in his own park?!?!?!?! How much you wanna bet he had someone open those change boxes up after they were done so he could get his money back?

Yes, Cedar Fair has not spent ANY money on new rides this year.

Those look more like cheap, low capacity carnival rides than anything Cedar Point would get. Who knows, though, anyone's guess is fair game right now. I'm still betting on a large Disk-O or the Intamin Ball Coaster.

A Kirnu clone would rock.

^^No. That ride was barely a ride and super short. Plus there's no way they could get remotely enough capacity on it.

They need a version at LEAST Insane size if not bigger. (Or TWO Insane sized rides would also work)

^ Knowing Cedar Point, it would probably be the tallest and fastest of it's kind, lol.

I'm wondering if maybe they'd install a B&M dive machine there. I can recall hearing a rumour about 6-7 years ago about them wanting one if Demon drop had been sold...

I remember hearing that also. It's possible considering Griffon at BGE opened in Spring 2007 and the Le Mans ride that was taken out for Griffon operated all the way until July 5th in 2006. Again though, Kinzel himself said that "there is more to thrill rides than roller coasters," so that leads me to believe that it's not a coaster...at least not a major one (not ruling out a Ball Coaster).

^Although I know you were just joking around and I'm not a huge fan of the breaking records just to break them mentality, a massive version of Insane, or side by side versions that could in some way interact with each other would be pretty epic. "Falling" off the ends of one of those hills 200 feet up would be a pretty ridiculous experience in my opinion. But this is just me dreaming and not being practical. Unless they were able to produce higher capacity trains or, like I said, have side by side rides, I'm not sure the capacity would be anything near high enough for the crowds of Cedar Point, especially since it would be located in a very high traffic part of the park.

^I agree to a point, but I feel that rides such as Maverick and STR at the low end of what they find acceptable. I think a slightly higher capacity than Insane would probably work if done properly. I'd be curious to see how they actually feel about the issue of capacity and lines from a business standpoint as you make a good point. Granted there are many counter points for the same argument, but it would be interesting to see how important capacity really is in making decisions for their future ride investments.

^^I agree with you that, the longer guests stand in line, the longer they will most likely be at the park (unless they get tired of waiting and leave). But on the other hand, the more time guests spend in line, the less time they have to purchase food, play games, and buy merchandise at the gift shops.

Plus, both Maverick and STR have capacities of 1,200pph...is that considered low-capacity? (It sounds quite efficient, to me... )

^It's not too bad, but it's also not amazing. Maverick moves through its line pretty quickly, so it has never really been a problem for me, but I feel that for the number of guests visiting Cedar Point on any given summer day, this should really be around the low point of capacities otherwise you start getting into excessive lines. And from personal experience with non-enthusiast friends, longer lines generally lead to them being worn out quicker and ready to leave around dinner time (meaning no dinner in the park).