TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Pfft 45 seconds, they have it easy

If Vampire at Chessington is on 3 trains, they have 20-25 seconds to get everyone off, open airgates, load, check, and then dispatch and to be fair to them, they regularly do it

According to CP's Facebook:

Cedar Point now has a height requirement for anyone wanting to ride Shoot the Rapids when it opens. Per the manufacturer, riders must be 42" or taller to ride! More updates soon!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/cedarpoint

Blog Update:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/2010/5/21/Shoot_the_Rapids_Update.cfm

Looking at the webcam, people are finally being let into Dragster's queue after having to wait outside the entrance practically all day. I hope nothing serious is wrong...at least it's open now.

On Opening Day Dragster broke down 7 times! (I Counted)

^^ If it's anything like it has been in WNY this spring (I'm about 3.5 hours from CP), it very well could be due to the wind. We have had only a few days this spring where there hasn't been a stiff breeze - today being one of them.

^As someone who now lives in Cleveland but had previously lived in Buffalo for many years AND had lived On-Point at Cedar Point, I can tell you that Cedar Point has its own weather. Because it is out on the peninsula it often even has different weather than downtown Sandusky just across the bay. It amazes me how different the weather is between Cleveland and Buffalo. In Buffalo the temperature normally only goes up above 90* three or four times a year and as far as I know they still have not had an 3-digit temperature above zero- while down here in Cleveland it gets above 90 constantly. Over in Chicago it was over 90 today. I am often amazed how cities' exact positions on large bodies of water cause drastic temperature changes.

^ Yeah, Lake Erie make CP weather quite unpredictable. On May 18th, though the rain had passed through the area through the night, we were still getting lake-effect drizzle until 2pm.

Anybody heading to the Point this weekend?

Yeah I was there that day. Worst theme park visit ever. I am planning on going next Wednesday, June 2nd. Or something.

Looks as if Dragster has been running smoothly all day, so nothing to be concerned about. Also looks like this "Amusement Park 101 week" isn't anything that attracts a lot of school groups like M&S week does. The parking lot isn't nearly as filled as it was last week, and Dragster looks like it's been a walk-on all day long. I'll be there tomorrow, can't wait...first park of the season, since August of 09!

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

Thats cool...I was kind of hoping the bottles of Whyte Lightning from the media teasers would be sold...but I guess time will tell

I was hoping those would be the souvenir cups for this year. Unfortunately they have red, typical sport bottles.

Edited by CPmaverick

Back to 2011 and the thrill ride, i live in Michigan and just got back from visiting my grandparents in England. So I visited Thorpe Park, amazing, (NOT AS GOOD AS CP) but they had Slammer. One of those sky swatter machines. One of those would be a great replacement thrill ride for Demon Drop and would look great from the parking lot and when you walk in. It was definitely the bests thrill ride in my opinion. If they could make it look really nice with good scenery it would make me thank CP for getting rid of DD. Here's a pic.....

^^

Anywhoo, i really dont think CP would want to install an unreliable Sky Swatt.

Its just something that CP really doesn't need.

I believe that Demon Drop was removed due to "future expansion" i.e. New coaster in case Six Flags wants to start the coaster wars again..

But then again, CP did install Sky Swatt's brother, Skyhawk. And it pulls a nice crowd...

I also rode the one at Thorpe Park and while a unique ride, I kinda had a "meh" feeling about it. I'm not a huge fan of the Top Spin's either so I am hoping that is not what the new thrill ride is for 2011. What did they do with the one at Geauga Lake...anyone know?

Still have my fingers crossed for a new Intamin. They could probably fit a nice Zac-Spin coaster where Demon Drop was!